How common are false positives?

dangletsbang

when determining the "weeks" they go by the date of your last period. so if your last period was 5 weeks ago, you're 5 weeks, even though the actual conception of the baby happened maybe 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, that's what he said..my baby is just going to be behind since the conception happened later than 'regular' ovulation.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 1st ultrasound wasn't until 8 weeks cause my dr said that the chances of not seeing a baby earlier then 6-7 weeks is very very common, usually you just see the sac and yolk & then there is worrying for no reason so he wanted me to wait until 8 weeks. I got to hear the HB loud and clear too, so cute! Glad you got to see your baby! Congrats!

Oh and step away from google, its your worse enemy when you are pregnant LOL or at least it has been for me!

My 1st ultrasound wasn't until 8 weeks cause my dr said that the chances of not seeing a baby earlier then 6-7 weeks is very very common, usually you just see the sac and yolk & then there is worrying for no reason so he wanted me to wait until 8 weeks. I got to hear the HB loud and clear too, so cute! Glad you got to see your baby! Congrats!

Oh and step away from google, its your worse enemy when you are pregnant LOL or at least it has been for me!

I had to step away from google..I was googling stuff 24/7 and some of the stuff was scaring me! Yeah, all Trey and I saw was a lil dot..I was like "uhh...??" But he explained that it's normal..people here on ENA comforted me..and my pregnancy book also explained it, so i'm not worried anymore..just anxious to see how much it grows in a week..monday can't come soon enough.

If a girls cycle is 28 days, that means every month it will come 3 days earlier than the last time? So lets say dec. 15th first month then jan. 12th and then feb. 9th. Is that correct?

Depends on how many days are in a month.

The 28 day thing doesn't always work so well. It's easy to throw it off.

Ever 28 days means every 4 weeks. So if you start on a Thursday, you will get it 4 Thursdays later, and so on, and so forth.

Just curious because my g/f said her and her friend had their period the same time last month. And this month her friend already got hers and its been like 5 days still no period.

not all women have a 28 day cycle, and it could be thrown by anything. mine are actually thrown off quite often now it seems. has she taken a test?

Hey girlie, just catching up. I can imagine this came like a huge surprise- even to a woman who was getting pregnant on purpose like myself, pregnancy is a very exciting, confusing, and up-and-down ride.

If there's anything you want to talk about (in private or here), just know that there's a lot of us mommies (to be) here on ENA to help you out. I already saw you found our little 'club'

HUGS!

If it's a boy you can go with Jayden Scott. Or Carson Scott.

Or Jaidyn for a girl. I like the spelling this way for a girly.

I always wanted "Scott" to be our first boy's middle name because that's my husband's middle name. And I've always wanted my first daughter's middle name to be Elizabeth since that middle name has been passed down in my family. Soo we got ourselves a little Kamryn Elizabeth. I prefer the different and not common names for kids because my name is Ashley.. and omg, there were always like 10 Ashley's in each class I had growing up. Even my little sister n law's name is Ashley. Ugh.!

My husband liked Ava or Lyla while I was preggers. But obviously those two didn't fly with me..

Or you can be COOL and get a celebrity baby name like Apple Pear. *rolls eyes*

Archived