How common are false positives?

dangletsbang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think they will. you would barely be able to see anything this early. I'm surprised you got an appt., usually they have you come in and do a test but don't wanna see you until at least 10 weeks.

You can not see anything but the sack till about 6 weeks or so anyway. After that you can and you can see the heartbeat.

I think we went to the doctor at 11 weeks. I can't exactly remember off the top of my head.. I'll edit this post when I go look it up in the baby book.

I was really surprised I had an ultrasound my first visit. They made me take a urine test in the office, and my doctor's response was hilarious... She said, "You are not just pregnant, but VERY pregnant!" She then pulled the u/s machine on over and I got to see my baby! She looked like a little peanut with a skeleton face, so cute!

The amount of ultrasounds you receive will depend on your doctor, yours and your baby's health, and your insurance. I had at least 5 or 6 ultrasounds including the 2 4-D ones, all were included in insurance except for my 4-D u/s.

I'm terrified..I just want it to be over with already and it's barely begun..

I think that is a normal feeling for most women. My husband and I wanted a baby very badly, were actively trying, and are both financially stable, married, 30 something home owners with college educations and careers, and I still nearly fell of the toilet when I got my positive pregnancy test last year.

I don't think you are ever prepared for parenthood, even once you get there.

Did anyone on here keep a pregnancy journal/book? Is it something I should look into after my pregnancy is confirmed?

Yessssss do it!

Because if you don't, you'll be like me and be like aw darn i wish i would've done that!

there are baby 1st calenders.. pregnancy and the first year. =) i didn't get the pregnancy one, but i am doing the first year one

Just an update on how i'm feeling today..

still nauseous..not bad..but noticeable..thought I was gonna puke earlier but I didn't. I'm hungry but I dont' want to eat..nothing sounds good at all.

Pulling pains in the lower abdomen..which is my uterus stretching, i'm assuming..

i'm exhausted..i'm dizzy as hell - which I don't understand..

I'm so ready for my appointment on Monday.

Just an update on how i'm feeling today..

still nauseous..not bad..but noticeable..thought I was gonna puke earlier but I didn't. I'm hungry but I dont' want to eat..nothing sounds good at all.

Pulling pains in the lower abdomen..which is my uterus stretching, i'm assuming..

i'm exhausted..i'm dizzy as hell - which I don't understand..

I'm so ready for my appointment on Monday.

the changes in hormones. You need to eat even if you do not like it.If I did not eat I would pass out cold.

the changes in hormones. You need to eat even if you do not like it.If I did not eat I would pass out cold.

Everything just sounds gross except sushi and I can't eat that, lol! I ate a few bites of yogurt with my prenatal..so my stomach is kind of soothed for right now..i'm gonna eat some soup later for lunch.

Everything just sounds gross except sushi and I can't eat that, lol! I ate a few bites of yogurt with my prenatal..so my stomach is kind of soothed for right now..i'm gonna eat some soup later for lunch.

I LOVED fruit when I was pregnant. It is easier to eat, it digests better. You have to make sure you eat enough of every food group. Make it all as fresh as possible. Seriously, my last pregnancy I went on a trip, I guess I was about 6 weeks and I passed out sitting down in the car because I did not eat my snack. I passed right out cold. Thank God I was not driving.I was in the passenger seat. From then on I ate my snacks on time.......

Archived