How common are false positives?

dangletsbang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how about your parents? do you live at home? are you inc ollege?

I live at home with my parents, yes. I told my mom..she was excited and said don't worry about it..which is kinda hard to do..I won't tell my dad until after the doctor confirms everything on Monday..i'm not in college. I work full time for heart surgeons..thankfully, I have good benefits..and i'll be able to take off for at least 3 months after the delivery if I do keep the baby.

I live at home with my parents, yes. I told my mom..she was excited and said don't worry about it..which is kinda hard to do..I won't tell my dad until after the doctor confirms everything on Monday..i'm not in college. I work full time for heart surgeons..thankfully, I have good benefits..and i'll be able to take off for at least 3 months after the delivery if I do keep the baby.

ohh! it's so good that you have your mom's support and that you have a stable job. i guess a congratulations is in order

Oh my, this is a surprise, isn't it?

You've been posting on pregnancy threads for awhile, I know you've been thinking about babies...

I hope everything works out for you and do take your prenatal vitamin with folic acid.

I love babies, yes..and I really wanted one when Trey and I had been together only like 7/8 months..but then I got over it and realized that I didn't need one this young..I really honestly got over it..and then this happens.

I'm still confused, anxious, stressed, etc. I feel like this isn't the time for it..but apparently God thought so.

I could never abort our baby..i'm tip toeing on the line of considering adoption..but there's so many children out there as it is right now...why add one more when I can take care of it? I just don't know how i'll afford daycare after the 3 months of my medical leave is up..hopefully trey has a stable job by then.

I love babies, yes..and I really wanted one when Trey and I had been together only like 7/8 months..but then I got over it and realized that I didn't need one this young..I really honestly got over it..and then this happens.

I'm still confused, anxious, stressed, etc. I feel like this isn't the time for it..but apparently God thought so.

I could never abort our baby..i'm tip toeing on the line of considering adoption..but there's so many children out there as it is right now...why add one more when I can take care of it? I just don't know how i'll afford daycare after the 3 months of my medical leave is up..hopefully trey has a stable job by then.

Sometimes reality has a way of sinking in AFTER the fact. I think you will be ok if you plan ahead and save your money. Make all the plans you need to in advance. It wont be easy, but the good things in life never are.Hug

Sometimes reality has a way of sinking in AFTER the fact. I think you will be ok if you plan ahead and save your money. Make all the plans you need to in advance. It wont be easy, but the good things in life never are.Hug

Thanks, vic..and I definitely plan on saving money and being prepared for whatever I decide to do.

I know it is a HUGE shock. It is even when it is planned. Even when I was pregnant with my first son when I looked at the test I cried and laughed at the same time. I was terrified to tell my mom and I was a married woman. I was scared to DEATH.

The 4th time was no different other than I was more shocked than the first time.LOL I was thinking " My GAWD you have GOT to be kidding!! I am 40."

It is a shock ready or not.

Good Luck with everything...and congratulations! I know this is probably very stressful but just take it one day at a time and talk with everyone close to you until you can come up with a plan of what to do.

I'm in a similar situation right now, I'm about 4 days late on my period, but I haven't taken a test yet. I'm VERY nervous & definitely not ready, so I can imagine how you feel. I wish you the best

No, not at all..we use condoms..

but I realize there's risk with those too, it's a part of having sex.

We had unprotected sex like twice..once during my period..and once right after my period..we assumed I wasn't fertile at all during those times..guess we guessed wrong.

you can have an early ovulation. and sperm can live inside your body from 3-5 days.

did you let him cum in you?

what prompted you to take the test?

you can have an early ovulation. and sperm can live inside your body from 3-5 days.

did you let him cum in you?

what prompted you to take the test?

Yeah, I did..eqd.

I honestly don't know..I'm two days late for my period but it's nothing new..i'm irregular..I barely peed on it..got in the shower..hopped out and looked at the test expecting a negative..but it had two bright pink lines.

I bought two more packages at target..and every single one has been postive.

I'm 2 days late too. But I'm sure I'm not pregnant.

i'm due today. if there is a bun in the oven i'll let you guys know in 2 days. lol

babies while life changing are by no means the death of your life as it stands.

we'll all float on okay says modest mouse.

oh.. and i'm certain your safest times for unprotected will be 2 days post ovulation.

but now you can have all the unprotected you wannnnttt!! yayay!!

Your screen name lol

I am sure you'll be fine and you'll find a way to handle this.

You have a solid job, and your parents are supportive. So since you're not on your own if you choose to keep the baby you'll have plenty of support.

And by the time you end up being my age he or she will be 10 and it will be great for you. Plus, you won't be entering menopause at the same time your child will hit puberty.

you can make it dangletsbang!

wouldnt be the first or last ena member gone 'mommy' or daddy.

i believe Hub had a similar experience. his job status was poor and had just started a relationship, she became pregnant and he freaked out.

today they have a very beautiful child together and everything is alright.

Your screen name lol

I am sure you'll be fine and you'll find a way to handle this.

You have a solid job, and your parents are supportive. So since you're not on your own

if you choose to keep the baby you'll have plenty of support.

And by the time you end up being my age he or she will be 10 and it will be great for oyu. You won't be entering menopause at the same time your child will hit puberty. lol

yeah, what she said^

Dangletsbang!!!

OMG!!

Congrats!! That's such amazing news. Being pregnant is AWESOME and just beautiful! I know you are absolutely 110% terrified, scared, nauseous, confused.. and every other emotion under the sun, but you are OKAY. You WILL be okay, so will Trey and so will your baby! Your emotions won't be as strong.. they will fade. While you'll always be a bit terrified due to labor and life after pregnancy, it's mixed in with happiness so you don't feel 'sick'.

I couldn't take my prenatals in the morning because I would always throw them up. Instead, take them at night with a full glass of water, go pee, then go to sleep. Whenever your bladder starts getting smooshed, don't drink as much water past 7pm or so.. it'll kinda help you to not wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

I'll be honest. When I found out I was pregnant, I called my husband crying. They weren't happy tears.. they were panicky, scared, terrified, upset, and mad tears. I couldn't BELIEVE that I was pregnant. While we both made the decision that I would get off BC and if I were to get pregnant it would be okay.. I was still scared and upset. I had to have my mom call me and calm me down. But you know what really solved those fears? When I saw my baby the next week on the ultrasound. I called the baby "It". "It" was beautiful, even though it looked like a little alien. "It" was breathing, moving, heart was beating, and healthy. I adored my little "it", it consumed me and I was done for. At that moment, I became a mother than just a 'host' if you will. Each day after that I could just feel my own heart grow bigger and bigger, my love for my little "it" increased every second! Now? I love my daughter so incredibly much, my love for her.. I really don't think I could love anyone or anything as much or more than her. She's my life xD There are no words to express it.

Once the shock rolls off your shoulders, you will feel more in control. Try your hardest NOT to stress, as that is never good for your health or your baby's health. Contact "WIC", I'm sure they can help you.. especially since you are considered a single mother (because you aren't legally married), and your SO is unemployed.

link removed

If you need anyyyyyything, PM me or continue to post here =) im so happy for you!

Informative websites:

link removed

link removed

link removed

link removed

My personal favorite month-to-month guide to pregnancy:

What to Expect When You're Expecting

Be sure to continue exercising. It'll help you carry the baby easier, and help you a LOT during labor. Be sure to let your doctor know any prescriptions or OTC drugs you take. Don't take any drugs without consulting your doctor first. (My doctor told me it was OK for me to take Tylenol PM to help me sleep, your doctor my say it's not okay..... ). I actually refused to take any medicine other than prenatals while pregnant. If something were to happen and I miscarried I didn't want it to be my fault.. or my thoughts wander and then guilt trip myself for taking something.

A lot of those websites and books will tell you things that are OK and things that aren't OK. As always, if you aren't sure.. don't be afraid to call and ask your doctor. =)

Wow, I know this comes as a huge shock and you're absolutely terrified right now, but once the initial shock wears off...everything will be okay. You have good benefits, enough time for Trey to hopefully work something out... Just breathe. Everything is going to be okay. You have plenty of time to decide whether or not to keep it or put it up for adoption. Don't feel like there are already too many babies in the world, think of it as a selfless deed giving a family who is otherwise unable to conceive a baby. But, ultimately, the choice is 100% yours. You'll be okay. You have tremendous support on just this site alone...plus Trey, your family, friends.

Thanks everyone..and Ash, thank you for all your advice.

When do they do the first ultrasound?

Here they do one in the first trimester and one in the second so they can make sure all the organs and such are growing properly.

I think I had one around 8 weeks or so with my son. I had one at 5 weeks with the fourth. ( I had multiple u/s's though for both. Usually every few weeks)

Archived