For ENA moms and moms-to-be!!

arwen

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys...sorry I havent been on for a while. I dont have a computer at home. Thanks everyone. Labor wasnt too bad. I got induced at 10am and had him at 8:18PM. I got the epidural but I still felt alot of pain. It was all worth it though. My lil guy is such a good baby so far. He only wakes up once a night to eat.He has light brownish blonde hair. So far he has blue eyes but you know all new borns have blue eyes so we'll see.

Hey guys...sorry I havent been on for a while. I dont have a computer at home. Thanks everyone. Labor wasnt too bad. I got induced at 10am and had him at 8:18PM. I got the epidural but I still felt alot of pain. It was all worth it though. My lil guy is such a good baby so far. He only wakes up once a night to eat.He has light brownish blonde hair. So far he has blue eyes but you know all new borns have blue eyes so we'll see.

Well he is a cutie. And what a big baby! Good lord lady, how ever did he fit in that itty bitty body of yours? LOL

I am happy all went well! You're lucky that he only wakes you up once a night Are you breastfeeding?

Congrats! He's adorable. Just FYI pediatricians recommend that you do not let baby sleep for more than 3 hours between feedings during the day and more than 4 hours during the night for the first month or so. If you are BF no more than 3 hours during the night or day.

Hi I'll be 34 weeks on Monday! I'm having a little girl named Cadence McKenzie She will be here Aug 16 unless she decides to come early I'm excited to get to actually take her home and be a mommy. I lost my first baby when I was 15.. I had Bradley at 25 weeks and he only lived for 13 days. But Cadence is perfect, beautiful and healthy

Hi Andrea. I'm so sorry about your loss of baby bradley, that must have been so hard to go through. I'm sure you're very thankful of having such a healthy [and almost considered full term!] pregnancy.

My name's Shelby and i'm 38 weeks & 5 days pregnant with a little boy named Hayden James. I'm due next wednesday and I couldn't be more ready.

Again, congrats!

Welcome Andrea.....

The picture is too cute, it looks like she is blowing bubbles. Am I the only one that sees that? LOL

I'm very sorry for your loss. I too lost a baby after birth. He was born full term but passed away an hour later.

You will find much comfort here, so many wonderful people.

Hope all you mommies and mommies to be are doing great and keeping cool in this summer heat!

My due date is a week away and the only news I got at my doctors appointment yesterday is that Hayden has finally dropped..[as if I couldn't tell, I can hardly walk now!] My doctor said the pressure of that should help me start dialating/softening up but he can't be for certain. I'm taking it one day at a time and walking as much as I can tolerate though, just trying to be patient. I've still got my fingers crossed that I go into labor on my own before I have to resort to being induced.

Thanks, sophie. I'm really hoping so too. Trying to walk as much as possible and do squats [LOL] to get things going..probably gonna take a hot bath tonight too, maybe relaxing will help..if not it will at least help me go to sleep.

You might consider some Evening Primrose Oil and rolling on a yoga/birth ball, that might help also!

I am happy all went well! You're lucky that he only wakes you up once a night Are you breastfeeding?

I am breastfeeding....he still isnt waking up at night. Its nice but at the same time not so nice...when he doesnt wake up my boobs kill me. I try to wake him up at night but sometimes he will not wake up.

I am breastfeeding....he still isnt waking up at night. Its nice but at the same time not so nice...when he doesnt wake up my boobs kill me. I try to wake him up at night but sometimes he will not wake up.

I know... the one time that Renske slept a whole night, I woke up in a bed full of milk

When they are so young it is however advisable to wake them up... does he drink when he is asleep? It helps to firmly massage the handpalms or feet when they are so drowsy/sleepy.

Your boobs will adapt to his wishes in time. You can relieve the pressure by manual compression, so that the first milk comes out. It's best to do so with warmth (hot shower, bath, hot compress). Avoid stimulating the nipple- I don't know how you call it but when the milk starts to flow, it's a message to your boob to make more milk. That's not what you want if he is sleeping. That's why pumping is countereffective in this situation- although it relieves the pressure, your boob simply thinks it needs to make more milk and you'll keep the problem.

Good luck! A new born should not sleep longer than 6 hours in a row (depends on weight also), so I'd wake him up at least after that!

Had to go to labor and delivery yesterday due to crushing pain in my hips/tail bone/back and a lot of decreased movement from my little man..they monitored him and I for about an hour and thankfully he's doing well, just running out of space..

I got a little bit of good news, i'm finally dialated to a 1..I was closed on Tuesday so that's progress..even though I may never progress on my own any further, i'm still happy that i've made it a little way on my own. (:

I walked yesterday evening after resting for a few hours and that started some pretty intense contractions, I almost didn't make it back in the house..but they tapered off eventually within around 90 minutes..I walked again after they subsided and didn't get anymore last night.

They told me to just take a warm bath when my lower half really started aching and basically to just deal until Hayden gets here which I understand. He's not exactly tiny, lol!

even though I may never progress on my own any further, i'm still happy that i've made it a little way on my own. (:

It's only July 16th....you may very well go into labor on your own. I know how uncomfortable the 3rd trimester can be. You are nearing the end but you do still have time for labor to start naturally so hang in there.

It always seems like time/pregnancy flies when other women are pregnant.

What's going to happen once all the ENA moms-to-be have their babies? This thread will be far too quiet and in dire need of more "belly photos". Some other ENA women need to get preggers ASAP so it can live on. lol

(P.S. Don't look at me- my uterus is on lockdown with Mirena for several more years. lol 8-[)

Archived