For ENA moms and moms-to-be!!

arwen

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah but she already has a grandson, not sure why she wants a granddaughter so badly....

When people say they want a granddaughter when they have a grandson already, or vice versa, or when parents say they want another already, I always think its bc the other one isn't good enough.

I know that's never the case but its where my mind goes!

When people say they want a granddaughter when they have a grandson already, or vice versa, or when parents say they want another already, I always think its bc the other one isn't good enough.

I know that's never the case but its where my mind goes!

Mind too actually. I'm not sure why she's so gung ho on CS and I having a baby, she won't even fly out to see us.

my mom just called me complaining that everyone else has grandchildren and she doesn't have grandchildren.

LOL and what exactly does she want you to do about this?

I got that from my uncle of all people (wanted grandnieces and nephews) before I was even married. I told him to go babysit somebody.

• 2 weeks later...
^He must be a very happy uncle now. How are you feeling, Hope?

Exhausted, sick, queasy all day.... But it will all be worth it in the end if this is a healthy pregnancy and baby. I am calling it, I totally think this is another girl, all this drama so early and I feel lousy like I did with my daughter.

Hey Hope, just checking to see how you are & how your pregnancy is going?? How far along are you now??

Hi Ac,

Thanks for checking up! I am doing OK.... I am almost 9 weeks along now and feeling lousy... LOL. But.... no bleeding or spotting which is very promising. I am trying to take it as easy as possible and my husband has been amazing with our rowdy toddler so I can do that. I have another ultrasound next Wed. to check on the bleed and the baby and hopefully everything will look good. I'll keep you all posted!

Hi Ac,

Thanks for checking up! I am doing OK.... I am almost 9 weeks along now and feeling lousy... LOL. But.... no bleeding or spotting which is very promising. I am trying to take it as easy as possible and my husband has been amazing with our rowdy toddler so I can do that. I have another ultrasound next Wed. to check on the bleed and the baby and hopefully everything will look good. I'll keep you all posted!

That's good to hear, not the feeling lousy part of course lol but that everything is going well! Sounds like your husband is also doing a great job Yes, keep us posted on your u/s! I will be thinking of you.

A bit of an update: my presence on the forum is minimal ( because atm, I am finishing my PhD dissertation. It's a book, so it's big and because I changed my mind substantially about the analysis of my data... it's a lot of work. I need to hand in the first version end of this year, so these weeks I am locked in my mind.

My daughter is fine. She got 4 teeth in one weekend, somewhere in september and since then it's better. She's breastfed and sleeps in our bed now. I find myself in a sort of 'natural/attachment parenting' kind of attitude, it sort of grew over time, and I think it's completely natural for babies to sleep in the vicinity of their parents and to breastfeed for a period of at least a year (I hope 2 or more). These choices are not always understood by the people in my environment, they seem less common in Western society, so I am actually curious if more parents/mommies on board here are into 'attachment parenting' (i.e. bedsharing or co-sleeping, babywearing, i.e. using slings to carry her instead of a carriage/stroller, breastfeeding...).

I would have liked to have my son share my bed as a baby because I love cuddling . But he was never happy about being in our bed the few times I tries. He was always restless and had a hard time getting comforable.....Especially after he turned a year old- he only wanted his crib. Even now at age 3, if he wakes up from a nightmare he only wants to stay in my bed for about 5 minutes and then asks to go back in his room. He sleeps like a wild man so I think he feels too confined and we get in his way and he can't stretch out the way he likes to when he is in between my husband and I. Besides, my husband snores so I'm sure that is another reason my son would prefer not to sleep in our bed. lol I don't blame him!

If he wanted to be in my bed I would have let him but I guess he decided that was too cool for that...lol

My daughter is fine. She got 4 teeth in one weekend, somewhere in september and since then it's better. She's breastfed and sleeps in our bed now. I find myself in a sort of 'natural/attachment parenting' kind of attitude, it sort of grew over time, and I think it's completely natural for babies to sleep in the vicinity of their parents and to breastfeed for a period of at least a year (I hope 2 or more). These choices are not always understood by the people in my environment, they seem less common in Western society, so I am actually curious if more parents/mommies on board here are into 'attachment parenting' (i.e. bedsharing or co-sleeping, babywearing, i.e. using slings to carry her instead of a carriage/stroller, breastfeeding...).

I"m not a parent but I plan on CS and and I raising our kids in the 'attachment parenting' way I suppose. The only thing I would fear of the babies sleeping in the bed with us is I would roll over and not know. I tend to be a light sleeper when I'm baby sitting and I know I have a kid with me but still. I def. wouldn't rule it out. I think those slings are an awesome invention. Strollers can be cumbersome and sometimes you just want to get in and get out without having to get the stroller, fix it up, put the baby in, and then manuever it through the store. It's much easier to have them right there on your body. I want to breast feed for at least the first six months. I don't think breast feeding after six months is bad, I would just be afraid of the teeth, haha

My nephew is one year old today. I'm driving to Orlando tomorrow to go see him for his birthday party on Saturday. I can't believe he's a year old already. I just watched the video that my BIL made of his birth and cried! I am so excited to see my little Chunk tomorrow!

Archived