Thank you, random homeless man

jengh

yes, I just ran accross the road and banged on the window of a random police car at the lights... all started positive, they got out, went over to her, another police car arrived and apparently went to search the local area, but then it all just fizzled out.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have words to convey the horror I felt when I read this. The only thing I can say is that I am SO, SO, SOOOOOOOOOO glad you're alright Jenn.

I do believe in guardian angels, I and I believe this homeless man was yours at that time.

I have to break silence for this one case. OH JEN! I am SO sorry this happened to you. It breaks my heart. It was NO ONE'S fault. People in this world make me SICK to the point I feel physically ill and give me little hope for the human race, truly. That homeless man was your angel. Try to be at peace sweetheart, just breath and take one day at a time. BIG hugs to you.

Thank you so much vic. Means a lot to me. That homeless man possibly so much as saved my life. God knows what could have happened.

I can imagine how he would blame himself, but you would think a person could be safe for a few seconds alone! Will, you did nothing wrong... it's a crap world we live in.

I hope you guys both start feeling better soon.

Yeah, I couldn't have been left alone for more than a minute or two! It's crazy, like this creeper was lurking around in the bushes or something

Oh dear! That's an awful experience for you to go through! I'm glad that you are okay and that homeless man was there in time to save you.

We live in a cruel world... but there's always a good samatarian to come by and help. Have to be very thankful about that.

Oh, I am so thankful for this man. Thanks so much for your words.

Will, I agree with metro. Hopping yourself up on klonopin and weed won't do anything to help the situation. Stay sober to support your girlfriend. Blaming yourself won't help either. It could happen anywhere. In fact I'm surprised it hasn't happened to me yet, considering how often I walk in creepy neighborhoods at all times of the day, given the job I have in the town I live in.

It's not your fault! Stop smoking pot and drugging yourself up to "calm down". The only thing you can do now is be grateful nothing worse happened and be proactive about reporting the police for not caring and giving a description of this man to all that you can.

Even if you have to hire a sketch artist and go put fliers around the area of this man's face to warn others about him, then you should do it. Smoking pot won't do a thing.

Jenn, I'm glad you're ok. Of course write me if you need to talk privately about it. Thinking of you!

We were going to put up flyers looking for the homeless guy. Since we had both been drinking (neither of us were drunk but apparently...that doesn't matter! We're useless!)...the homeless guy is the only standing witness as he was sober.

^^ OOhhhh Hers's idea about the flyers is a great one!

You know I'm willing to bet that you aren't the first girl this brut has done this too. I really hope you are able to convince the police to do a report and look into it.

Too many crimes turn into serial crimes because the police lack focus in finding these monsters.

Metro, that's the thing. I want this ass to get caught because I don't want it happening to other girls!!! Oh god, that's my biggest fear!!!

My sister was assaulted by a man once and it took the police 2 hours to get to us, despite the station literally being around the corner within 5 minute walking distance.

I guess they have their own priorities ... ..

Oh that's so terrible I'm so sorry for your sister. Cops...sigh. 99% of the time I respect them, but 1%...

No, he couldn't hear me. We can't figure out why.

Yeah, he just came up and grabbed me, despite me saying NO multiple times. Not many people were around the library at that time, however, as we were on our "walk"/drag, there were a LOT of passerby.

Which makes me angry. If you saw a young woman being dragged against her will, wouldn't you stop to help and see if she was okay? It's not like it was a joking matter (when couples play-fight)... I was CRYING.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. The lack of a reaction to people in distress is one of the great issues in social psychology. Check out link removed

It sheds some light on why people are so reluctant to "help".

I'm so glad that one person decided to take responsibility from the "crowd" and DO SOMETHING.

Thank goodness you are ok.

Bella

I don't have words to convey the horror I felt when I read this. The only thing I can say is that I am SO, SO, SOOOOOOOOOO glad you're alright Jenn.

I do believe in guardian angels, I and I believe this homeless man was yours at that time.

thank you so much. he was a godsend.

crazy..im speechless...

me too...sigh...fml

It's sad because so many people that this idea that homeless people are bad and nothing but drunks who are an annoyance.

Clearly, this shows that not to be true.

While your story is a sad one, I feel really good and uplifted about the good spirited man that helped you.

It's sad because so many people that this idea that homeless people are bad and nothing but drunks who are an annoyance.

Clearly, this shows that not to be true.

While your story is a sad one, I feel really good and uplifted about the good spirited man that helped you.

I know, the homeless have such a horrible stigma put upon them, but really there are some very good souls out there who have just hit a rough patch.

Sad story, good ending though

I know, the homeless have such a horrible stigma put upon them, but really there are some very good souls out there who have just hit a rough patch.

Sad story, good ending though

I really hope you are able to find the guy that helped you and do something nice for him although I'm willing to bet he won't take anything else. Wow, it's kinda like this unfornuate thing happened to you and in turn you are doing something good for someone who probably truly needs it.

Awww.....I'm freakin' teary eyed here.

people are pathetic..nobody wants to get involved anymore.

That's exactly what they are! I wouldn't think twice about helping someone... so I guess that's where I get my mindset of, what the hell people? I'm seriously losing my faith in humanity quicker and quicker.

I really hope you are able to find the guy that helped you and do something nice for him although I'm willing to bet he won't take anything else. Wow, it's kinda like this unfornuate thing happened to you and in turn you are doing something good for someone who probably truly needs it.

Awww.....I'm freakin' teary eyed here.

I know, I'd do anything I could to help this guy! I hope I can track him down somehow. Even if it's just to buy him a hot meal, some groceries, whatever. I'm poor but doesn't matter. It's just money.

No, he couldn't hear me. We can't figure out why.

Yeah, he just came up and grabbed me, despite me saying NO multiple times. Not many people were around the library at that time, however, as we were on our "walk"/drag, there were a LOT of passerby.

Which makes me angry. If you saw a young woman being dragged against her will, wouldn't you stop to help and see if she was okay? It's not like it was a joking matter (when couples play-fight)... I was CRYING.

People don't like to get involved. They're afraid. You need to learn how to give a really swift kick to the balls.

Sorry that happened to you though. I'd have freaked out.

What? So the cops don't do crap, but you're not allowed to protect yourself?

Exactly. I just had that conversation with Will. I'm like, is there ANYTHING I can carry to protect myself that's legal? He's like, "no"

Archived