"your baby is ugly"

hers

Here is me and my sister as babies (about 1 and almost 2). She's the brown hair, I'm the other one.

link removed

Here's us as toddlers, about 2 and 3 (i'm still the blonde)

link removed

Here is us this summer at her wedding (clearly she's the married one)

link removed

I totally think I was the cuter baby but she's the prettier one now.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My sister is 8 months pregnant and I actually had this conversation with her last week. She is a real tom-boy and always straight up with people. She said she'd think she'd honestly know if her baby was ugly or not, despite the whole motherly thing.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode.

see that's what i wonder about too! if they know their baby is ugly or not, despite being motherly!

second seinfeld reference! clue me in!

second seinfeld reference! clue me in!

Elaine is dating a man who describes her as "breathtaking".

Later in the movie, the whole gang go away on holiday and Elaine takes that man with her. The people they are staying with have a really ugly baby, but everyone keeps going on about how cute it is (you never see the baby). The man calls the baby "breathtaking", Elaine gets insecure.

Elaine is dating a man who describes her as "breathtaking".

Later in the movie, the whole gang go away on holiday and Elaine takes that man with her. The people they are staying with have a really ugly baby, but everyone keeps going on about how cute it is (you never see the baby). The man calls the baby "breathtaking", Elaine gets insecure.

hahaha that's too funny!!

My mother noticed that with my sister, people would always say how beautiful she was.

Then when she had me she got very few comments of how handsom/beautiful I was... I was an ugly child.

You'll just know how the public feels about your child based on the number of compliments.

When people comment on my toddler daughter, first thing they say is something complimentary about her hair.

She has waist length, wavy, golden-red hair that goes into thick ringlets towards the bottom. It doesn't matter if I don't wash it for a week, it always, always, always looks like a Pantene ad. It shimmers and swooshes and flows without frizz or flyaways.

But that is her only physical feature that anyone comments on.

I don't mind if they think, or even say, my daughter is only mildly pretty in the face except for her hair {and yes, I've heard comments along the lines of "Her HAIR is lovely..."}

Because to me, what matters is her heart and her mind. She's only 30 months old and has been accepted into 5 year old kindergarten, which means she has the smarts to ascend in life.

She's kind towards animals and is polite and well-mannered. She's respectful to her elders and never snatches, fights, swears or bullies.

She could have the face of a pug with Down's and I'd think she was the most beautiful girl alive, because of the beauty that she shows from her heart.

My sister is 8 months pregnant and I actually had this conversation with her last week. She is a real tom-boy and always straight up with people. She said she'd think she'd honestly know if her baby was ugly or not, despite the whole motherly thing.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode.

Ahh someone who gets the seinfeld reference LOL

Well, I have yet to see a newborn who is actually "cute" or "pretty". I think all newborns look like baby gorillas. (and I LOVE babies!) But they don't get cute until after 5 months or so. And even then...some remain weird looking lol.

I don't know... I think my baby girl was pretty cute at 2 months...

image removed

Here is my son as a newborn, Some may think he was the cutest thing ever, others not so much. But to me he is the cutest little elf ever (his ears were pointy at one point so I called him my little elf..)

image removed

He is a cute Newborn! Almost looks like a smile, if I didn't know better that babies cannot smile that young.

Here is mine at newborn:

image removed

I am not the type to share pics but here is my grandbaby. IF someone told me 'she is ugly"...do you really think i'd believe them? LOL And yes, she is sitting on the toilet - but not using it. My daughter isn't the most creative photographer. LOL

Please don't quote. I don't like to leave her pics up long.

I am not the type to share pics but here is my grandbaby. IF someone told me 'she is ugly"...do you really think i'd believe them? LOL And yes, she is sitting on the toilet - but not using it. My daughter isn't the most creative photographer. LOL

Please don't quote. I don't like to leave her pics up long.

She is beautiful! I wouldn't believe them either if someone said she was ugly. I'd probably ask them if they needed glasses.

She is beautiful! I wouldn't believe them either if someone said she was ugly. I'd probably ask them if they needed glasses.

I honestly think any person who would tell a parent his or her baby is ugly needs serious mental help. A baby is the picture of innocence and whenever i see a parent very proud of their baby it is a glorious thing, because in this age where child abuse is rampant there is nothing better to me than to see a parent who is very obviously proud of hre/his baby and very much loves it.

Usually babies are sooo cute and i adore them, but yes there are some not so....cute.... I think Ive maybe seen 5-6 babies who rly didnt look cute and more like an alien. So IMO it is not that common that babies look 'ugly' .

Buuuut to TELL your friend/relative/whatever that their baby looks ugly that would just be plaine rude and disrepsectful! You dont tell ANYONE that they look ugly....doesnt matter if its a stranger, friend, family or someone elses baby....You just dont do it.

My ex bf I saw his baby pics and he did NOT look cute at all.... very weird in fact. But Ive NEVER told him that!

It is a matter about courtesy ....

and for your specific question:

IF you found out that others dont think that ur baby are cute, even though they act like it.... then I would say get over it.. Not everybody going to think that your baby is cute. I would instead appreciate that they have enough respect that they do not tell you in the face, and then let go of that matter. As long as you think your baby is beautifull (and I think 99.9% of all parents,do) then it doesnt matter...

I don't think people should mind too much if someone said their baby was ugly or if they themselves thought it was ugly. It's a baby, it's going to grow out of its looks! It's not gonna look like that foreever.

This is so true- in my own family, I find that the beautiful adults were gangly looking kids with teeth too big for their mouths...those of us who were cherubic with curls and chubby cheeks unfortunately still have those features, that don't look so hot when you're middle aged.....

I have also noticed that between my two kids, the first got endless attention when in public (see aforementions cherubic qualities), and the second only gets intermittent attention...the difference? The second had terrible baby acne and now has eczema- so when the skin isn't that irridescent porcelean, no one notices just how cute he is....

It doesn't bother me. I think he's beautiful. Besides, I agree with the other posters that it's what little ones DO that makes them adorable. Shirley Temple herself didn't look cute throwing a temper tantrum....

Ok, as parents, do you expect people to say "he/she is so cute!"? I mean, they're babies, so surely that's going to come regardless, but is it expected?

And are there ever days you look at your kid and think "Wow, he/she is less than attractive today"? B/c sometimes, I look at Leeluu (my dog, who is the love of my life and very much my child, I don't care what you say!) and think "You are not as cute sometimes as I like to think" but then when I see other boxers, I think "You are SO not as cute as my girl is".

HAHAHAHAAHA

I think that about Cairo sometimes... "wow, you look ugly today"

Archived