"your baby is ugly"

hers

Here is my son as a newborn, Some may think he was the cutest thing ever, others not so much. But to me he is the cutest little elf ever (his ears were pointy at one point so I called him my little elf..)

that is a VERY cute newborn! no white lies coming from me

i've seen adorable newborn babies...have 7 nieces/nephews myself, a few of them were baby gorillas when they were born, a few were BEAUTIFUL.

if anyone told me my kid was ugly i wouldn't know what to do

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think people should mind too much if someone said their baby was ugly or if they themselves thought it was ugly. It's a baby, it's going to grow out of its looks! It's not gonna look like that foreever.

it might. there are ugly people. i doubt they all started out beautiful.

I don't think people should mind too much if someone said their baby was ugly or if they themselves thought it was ugly. It's a baby, it's going to grow out of its looks! It's not gonna look like that foreever.

I agree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and people fail to realize that is true for children not just adults, not all adults are beautiful creatures so naturally not all children are going to be attractive. I know a few people who would get so riled up if they knew I wasn't the only person who thought that babies could be less than attractive.

it might. there are ugly people. i doubt they all started out beautiful.

Yeah but parents don't know that yet. At least if it's ugly, they still have the hope that it might grow to be beautiful one day. You can't have the same hope once they're well, much older.

You are still a cute baby hers! Your smile is infectious! Seriously! You just have that look of someone i'd probably love to hang out with. YOu look so friendly! and fun!

Yellowcal i think your wee one is very precious! I can never tell how a baby looks when they are still in the hospital blanket but he/she is already chock full of personality!

hers if there is any fear that you might think your sis's baby is ugly don't fret. I have a feeling the minute you set eyes on him or her you are going to fall deeply in love...

You are still a cute baby hers! Your smile is infectious! Seriously! You just have that look of someone i'd probably love to hang out with. YOu look so friendly! and fun!

Yellowcal i think your wee one is very precious! I can never tell how a baby looks when they are still in the hospital blanket but he/she is already chock full of personality!

hers if there is any fear that you might think your sis's baby is ugly don't fret. I have a feeling the minute you set eyes on him or her you are going to fall deeply in love...

thanks, JS!

I don't worry too much about my sister's baby. I mean, my sister is gorgeous and was a gorgeous baby too (though not as gorgeous as I was. Nothing beats a blonde baby). Her husband is very attractive too. I guarantee a cute kid (biased or not haha).

thanks, JS!

I don't worry too much about my sister's baby. I mean, my sister is gorgeous and was a gorgeous baby too (though not as gorgeous as I was. Nothing beats a blonde baby). Her husband is very attractive too. I guarantee a cute kid (biased or not haha).

WHEW! I thought maybe you were terrified the kid would be ugly or something. Glad to hear that isnt a fear. LOL!!!!

I doubt this kid will be as gorgeous as you were. LOL that's a gimmie..LOL

(I was an ugly baby. thank God i finally grew hair one day! and BOY did it finally grow LOL)

Here is my son as a newborn, Some may think he was the cutest thing ever, others not so much. But to me he is the cutest little elf ever (his ears were pointy at one point so I called him my little elf..)

That's actually one normal and even cute looking baby hahah.

Oh man, NEVER EVER let a parent think that their baby is anything but gorgeous.

I can actually kind of tell if someone thinks my child is actually breathtakenly beautiful, or if they think just another baby. "Cute" or "sweet" mean average, "beautiful," "gorgeous," "oh my lord, what a breathtakenly beautiful child (my personal favorite " -- these are things you hear when people sincerely think your child is beautiful.

But you know your baby has flaws, you just think they are adorable, b/c it's your baby. My child has the roundest little face with marshmallow cheeks. Some people might think she's just got a chubby face.

Interestingly, I read a study that women with more aesthetically pleasing babies spend much more time staring directly at them and interacting with them than mothers of less aesthetically pleasing babies.

But really, who cares? First, some beautiful people were hideous babies and vice versa. And second, to me, babies are the coolest people on the planet, so they are all awesome regardless of what they look like!

that is a very insensitive to say to a parent. I dont think anyone in his right mind ever say that. If someone says that about my hypothethical baby, I might say that is because your eyes can't see beauty.(and then slap her face and kick her in the ass, if it was a guy kick him in the balls

Wow that is a lot of hair for a baby!! haha. How old was he there?

he has a LOT of thick, dark hair and eyelashes. in that pic he was less than 2 weeks old.

wow la'isla, he looks like a minature grown man!

Both of my kids were bald bald bald, so it is interesting to see an infant with THAT much hair !!

But i honestly have to say he doesnt look a bit like an alien...he looks like a three year old LOL

really? lol. i have a cousin whose son is goodlooking but really looks like an old man. his features look way beyond a toddler's.

right now my nephew is about 3 years old and has a very childish face. but not a childish tongue he's a smart-ass.

he has a LOT of thick, dark hair and eyelashes. in that pic he was less than 2 weeks old.

really? lol. i have a cousin whose son is goodlooking but really looks like an old man. his features look way beyond a toddler's.

right now my nephew is about 3 years old and has a very childish face. but not a childish tongue he's a smart-ass.

he just looks mature. he doesn't have the look of an infant. he looks like a three year old already. I am really in awe of all that hair and he looks so alert.

i have a feeling he is going to be a lady killer. lol. lock the doors when he turns 13. LOL

he just looks mature. he doesn't have the look of an infant. he looks like a three year old already. I am really in awe of all that hair and he looks so alert.

i have a feeling he is going to be a lady killer. lol. lock the doors when he turns 13. LOL

I agree. A full head of dark hair and eyelashes, he's gonna be handsome for suree.

My sister is 8 months pregnant and I actually had this conversation with her last week. She is a real tom-boy and always straight up with people. She said she'd think she'd honestly know if her baby was ugly or not, despite the whole motherly thing.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode.

Archived