"your baby is ugly"

hers

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a parent, you probably think your kid is gorgeous!! What if someone thinks otherwise? What if you are told time and again taht your baby is cute and then you find out later they were just being nice or saving face with you and that they, in fact, think your baby is ugly?

How would you react? Would you be offended? Not believe them? De-friend them? Yell at them? Say "Yeah, he is funky looking, isn't he?"?

Ugly or not, every parent thinks their kid is gorgeous. It's kind of like how my mom always tells me how handsome I am, yet the reaction I get from people is the exact opposite lol.

I'm gonna ask my sister if she's worried her kid will be ugly. I wonder if parents ever have that fear? Or if the do, when the kid comes out, is it clouded by parental bias?

I think most of us worry more about the baby being healthy.....That's all I ever worried about...

As a parent, I can't imagine NOT seeing a beautiful baby, so I think we are all biased.

I think most of us worry more about the baby being healthy.....That's all I ever worried about...

As a parent, I can't imagine NOT seeing a beautiful baby, so I think we are all biased.

so you think all babies are beautiful? hm. i wonder if al parents think that way!!

like i said, i'm cheerfully childfree so i can't relate to all of this!!

I honestly think any person who would tell a parent his or her baby is ugly needs serious mental help. A baby is the picture of innocence and whenever i see a parent very proud of their baby it is a glorious thing, because in this age where child abuse is rampant there is nothing better to me than to see a parent who is very obviously proud of hre/his baby and very much loves it.

ABSOLUTELY!

(JS, your granddaughter is the dictionary definition of precious! What a lovely smile--I get the vibe that she has a lot of love in her life )

Archived