Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The BellaDonna, Get off Your Ass Journal

BellaDonna

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In order to lose 1 pound- you must burn 3500 calories more than you consume. So I must have done that x4- also this take shape for life plan puts you in a mild state of ketosis in the first phase.

I have not peeked on the scale today to see if I lost any more. My next weigh in is Monday. I'll probably peek in another couple of days.

Yeah, don't peak on the scale too often. It might backfire on you if you gain water weight or don't weigh with the same clothes or don't weigh at the same time of the day even if you make good progress.

It admit it's hard to resist when you know you're "on track" and want to see if you lost even more.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. I want to lose 20 ....if I keep doing well without reaching a plateau- I will go for 25.

I'm happy for every pound that comes off. Losing each pound is like losing a whole stick of butter off your body.

I am really pleased with the fact that most of it is coming off my stomach- and that's just what I want. I'm glad that I saved my pre-child clothes. YAY.

So far my worst cravng has been pizza. It's really hard for me to follow a strict diet with all the good Sicilian food around. My grandmother makes some slamming pizza. sigh.....

I'll just have to dream about it because I do not need the carbs, fat, and calories.

I'll let myself have it on Christmas Eve, I decided. She usually makes a bunch then.

• 3 weeks later...
have you tried the lean cuisine pizzas? those are good!

I've had them before. They were pretty good- but do not work on this diet due to the crust. If I want pizza now I'm pretty much going to have to make my own, make a whole wheat dough and use reduced fat cheese very sparingly. The only frozen pizza that seems to have a whole wheat crust is the South Beach Diet brand- but that also has 11 grams of fat, which is too much for that small serving.

Most nights for Dinner I end up having a salad with grilled chicken on it- or sometimes grilled steak instead of chicken (lean cuts)

It is low carb and low fat and low calorie. The weight literally melts off though. That's what I need for a jumpstart before I move into the transition plan which is about weight maintenance and incorportates a lot more foods and more exercise too.

During the week, the only meal we can have together is dinner, after work- so he doesn't mind eating what I eat- He likes salad and he likes chicken and steak- but I usually add another side dish to it for him.

He's just happy to see me "cook" in general lol

He's been very supportive.

On weekends it's been harder to stay on track. We've attended several cookouts and parties- and I've passed up everything from cheeseburgers to cake, and mexican dip. I bascially just bring my own food in a small cooler which, if at a cookout, usually includes veggie burgers and a sugar free pudding with cool whip.

I won't give into temptation because the progress is so great. When I am getting results it is easier for me to stay on track. However on diets that take a long time where you lose .5 pounds in 2 weeks- I get discouraged and think "what the hell- I'm not even losing weight and I'm suffering for nothing"

I'm learning to eat like the French too- if there is a awesome dessert present (and I mean awesome- something I haven't tried- somethign that can;t be passed up completely)- I have 2 small bites that I savor and then pass it on. I won't have 2 bites of a typical cake that I've had before. It's not worth it.

I am eating to live- not living to eat. There is no need for me to eat a full piece of cake and feel stuffed. I've lost the "need" for sweets and such.

• 2 weeks later...

wow you are doing so good, i knew this would be a piece of cake for you!

Thanks EQD. I passed up a lot of cake to get here. I've been to so many b-day parties and cookouts, etc. I let myself have 1 bite of cake, if it looks particularly good, and then I move on. I had to get my sweet tooth under control.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so happy. I recently was in some summer pics and when I saw them I noticed that I totally lost what I call "my chipmunk face". When I am chubby I end up looking like I have more cheeks and too friendly. lol

My face is now more thin, chisled and defined, like it used to be. I have dimples to begin with- add a few extra pounds and I can easily look like a chipmunk.

image removed

-So I'm glad I have my old non-chipmunk face back. YAY!!!!

Archived