Getting back together really does happen!

I was hoping someone could give me some insight on my situation.

My ex and I have been dating for 2 years and a month ago we broke it off due to arguments and us just being too comfortable with each other. During the month we have been on and off with each other. One day she comes over and after a passionate time together she tells me she loves me and says that she likes my friend. The next day I fond out shes with him having coffee. The day after she was with him too and she messages me saying she doesnt love me and that everything was fake and that we got together through infatuation and all this . Now shes with him and she is constantly subtweeting me and using retweets to brag about how happy she is and all this stuff. Shes purposely trying to get a reaction out of me when this whole time she keeps telling me to move on and apparently she herself has moved on too. She still keeps my instagram pictures up as well.

I was hoping someone could give me some insight on my situation.

My ex and I have been dating for 2 years and a month ago we broke it off due to arguments and us just being too comfortable with each other. During the month we have been on and off with each other. One day she comes over and after a passionate time together she tells me she loves me and says that she likes my friend. The next day I fond out shes with him having coffee. The day after she was with him too and she messages me saying she doesnt love me and that everything was fake and that we got together through infatuation and all this . Now shes with him and she is constantly subtweeting me and using retweets to brag about how happy she is and all this stuff. Shes purposely trying to get a reaction out of me when this whole time she keeps telling me to move on and apparently she herself has moved on too. She still keeps my instagram pictures up as well.

She's playing games with you. The best way to deal with this is to not react to it and to pretend that you're completely oblivious towards it. Cut contact with her for at least 30 days and start focusing on other things and meeting new girls. This will drive her mad and will eventually start chasing you for attention. Keep pushing her away until she either gives in or walks away. It will show you what her true intentions are.

Either way, you should be completely over her by then. Looking from the outside in, she doesn't seem like someone worth being with as she's basically playing with both you and the other guy. A girl who truly loves you wouldn't do that. But you will see things more objectively and will have a choice whether to take her back or not.

Best of luck.

All these stories has really helped me and I hope I can post my story here but it doesn't seem that way so far. It's been a month and a half since my ex-gf broke up with me and still no contact from her. I just recently went no contact after realizing contacting her wasn't helping. We dated for a around a year and we're ldr but we did see each other and had a ton of great memories and we were each other first loves and we gave each other our virginity. I feel like she may be in a rebound relationship and I fear that she will forget about me. Is there a chance that she'll come back?

Love this thread! Hope it happens to me Want more stories.

I have two:

- My aunt and uncle divorced when I was very young, so I don't know the details. But it was because my uncle cheated. They got back together and split up several times since then. She forgave him every time, except the last time (he had too many chances anyway if you ask me). It is not the best example, but it is an example that they come back, several times too.

- A girl I started to hang out with. She was with her bf since high school (so all together till now about 7 years). She broke up with him because she got scared I think. I don't know how far in the relationship they were. But she came back very soon, a month at the max I think. Now they are still together, they are living together (renting) and are planning to get their own place by next year!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

I don't have any really meaningful stories. One of my friends dated a guy for 4 years and he broke up with her and was absolutely awful (slamming doors in her face, tell her to eff off, etc). After a few months she went NC and started living her life. Around the 6 month mark, he saw her happy and asked her out again. They only lasted another month because she realized nothing had changed. But he came back!

I have another one. This girl was with a guy for a long time, I don't know the exact time. She broke up with him a year ago because he was very immature and she felt their relationship wasn't going anywhere. About a month ago I heard they are dating again. He got his life together, got a job and everything. He said he wasn't worthy of her before. He really did change and yesterday I heard they are planning on moving together in the spring/summer.

Yay for them! I believe this is the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
It's because what I said in the reconciliation thread. STRICT NO CONTACT DOES NOT WORK!!!!

You have to engage the other person after 4-8 weeks of No Contact otherwise the other person will move on without you. They might come back but I think your odds decline a lot after that. Remember, the phrase outta sight outta mind. When you do engage after 4-8 weeks remember to keep it fun and light. Guard your heart. Go back in expecting the worst but with the attitude, nothing ventured nothing gained.

i dont agree that the person wont come back if you dont engage them. My ex came back twice & i didn't try to get him back after a NC period. after we broke up we pretty didnt talk for almost a year. ( i tried to talk, he didnt respond). After i had stopped trying to contact him & moved on, he reached out to me. We talked as friends but ended up not talk for 2 months. i didnt try to contact him at all. He reached out to me after 2 months and wanted to get back together. HE reached out to me after i moved on & stopped reaching out to him. if youre the one doing the NC period, I dont think you have to engage the other after the NC period. If they miss you & want to work it out, they will reach out to you. The NC period will give both of you time to work on yourself & reflect on what you want.

i dont agree that the person wont come back if you dont engage them. My ex came back twice & i didn't try to get him back after a NC period. after we broke up we pretty didnt talk for almost a year. ( i tried to talk, he didnt respond). After i had stopped trying to contact him & moved on, he reached out to me. We talked as friends but ended up not talk for 2 months. i didnt try to contact him at all. He reached out to me after 2 months and wanted to get back together. HE reached out to me after i moved on & stopped reaching out to him. if youre the one doing the NC period, I dont think you have to engage the other after the NC period. If they miss you & want to work it out, they will reach out to you. The NC period will give both of you time to work on yourself & reflect on what you want.

I agree so much on this. If they honestly loved you then they'll never forget you no matter how hard they try and they won't lose feelings that fast even if they rebounded. My ex gf left me 2 months ago and I'm on day 9 of no contact and I don't know if she'll come back but I'm trying to stay positive the best I can. Also #bumpthisthreadup

2 successful reconciliation stories:

1. My mate met his girlfriend on friendster (before facebook) when they were both 18 years old. They dated one year. It was LDR and too hard, they broke up on good term. They went NC for 4 years. Dated different people.

In 2009 (25 years old), they both relocated to Sydney for work. They both working in the same bank! They bumped into each other and started a brand new relationship. They got married 2012 (28 years old). I attended their wedding. And their son is now 3 years old.

2. Both my mates dated for 6 years and suddenly the girl couldn't tolerate my mate bad temper. At that time we were sharing the same apartment. My mate often cracked at her. No longer romantic. Pretty much complacent. I witnessed the whole thing. It was awkward as. She dumped my mate and jumped into a rebound. My mate did all the wrong stuffs such as attempting to commit suicide begging her did scrapbook all those sappy stuffs. I was with him the entire time. He drank too much and was hospitalised. But he further drove the girl away. She was so cold. They separated for total 8 months. He did proper NC for 4 months. I helped him moved out from the sharing apartment. They still saw each other at work every other day but my mate did not talk to her at all. My mate at that point also found another job so he didn't have to spend so much time at the same job with the ex. 8 months later the girl broke up with the rebound because he was completely opposite from my mate. He was a player and not the serious type.

My mate also improved himself and found himself again. He found the guy that she fell in love 6 years ago. He was a lot happier often cracked joke at work place and one thing led to another they started to go on a coffee date. Then movie the next day.

And last year they got married (it was their 10 year anniversary together). my mate told me he didn't expect them getting back together. He alrdy moved on.

I am getting thru a major break up with my ex girlfriend but thanks to the 2 boys above they gave me ample of advices and I hope I get to reconcile with my ex and I would love to marry her. I learned that NC is very important.

Classic saying. If it is meant to be, it will be. You don't need to maintain contact for them to love you. They have to come back on their free will. No manipulation. No chasing. No forcing.

The only thing you could do is to shift the focus back to yourself. Keep improving yourself. Get your mojo back. You attracted them once. You can attract them again.

It is all about timing. If she is seeing someone else, NC is a good thing it means you don't have to deal with her and the new guy. If she decides to come back, you must be able to forgive and be that charming guy and restart the relationship brand new. I am no longer obsessed with my ex. I started to spend time making myself better. I know one day she sees me she will be like wow that's my ex and he looks good. And maybe our 2 pups could change her mind. I am baby sitting the 2 pups now. I am a good dad. I am a responsible man. She is surrounded by boys who does music festival and stuff. I am the real deal. Sometimes 2 people have to break up so they learn how to appreciate each other. Good luck everyone

• Thanks 1

Well even though I only read the first and last page of this thread (it's a long thread) at least I can find some hope that things have a chance of working out for me and my boyfriend.. I won't call him ex just yet cause he claims he's still thinking. We have a counseling appointment tomorrow. I'm nervous about what he's going to say... He says he doesn't know but he has to have some idea right??

So thankful for this thread im really starting to lose hope broken up since december after 2 1/2 years together. In the last 4 or so months we've had fights, and gotten in contact for a week at a time, hooked up all the things you shouldnt do, and all my fault the last month i tried really hard and did no contact for a whole month and slowly he started reaching out. We hung out 3 times in the past week he keeps wanting to see me and the first day we saw eachother he was being so sweet, he held my hand said he needed to change some issues, and he knows he loves me and wants to be with me but is scared of messing up. He hasnt forgiven himself up for our break up yet, and i think its easier to go to someone else rather than face rebuilding our relationship. Ive been having so much fun seeing him, but last night he started saying im a friend, and i asked like where is this coming from 3 days ago was so different, and he went back and forth saying im not ready To date you yet i dont wanna ruin us, then saying i know you can find someone who treat you better. i figure alright hes got alot of stuff he needs to deal with thats fine i wanted to take it slow. The only thing that bothers me is i asked him if he wanted to date other people and he said maybe, i dont know if its him being young and wanting to explore or he just doesnt love me but just really really cares about me. So im confused wethere this is just a let see how our relationship develops kinda thing or a sorry but your just a friend for good.I dont know if i should keep hanging out with him since he seems excited to see me everyday and he seems to change his mind alot so maybe thats the mood he was just in last night, or if i should cut off contact. If he just dates fine we are both single but i dont want him to make another girl feel as special as he did me and i know im a good girlfriend but im scared he can find someone else that can make him just as happy. Sorry that ran pretty long thanks to anyone who takes the time to read it and for the sake of positivity on this thread let the record show that he has come back post break up, it takes work, its far from perfect, but he has come wanting me in his life.

Thank you to all the contributors to this thread! I read themall after my breakup last year, and learned a lot in the process.

I am happy to say that after a two months breakup, I have been back with my "ex" for almost 9 months now.

I do think we are stronger than ever, while collectively moving forward in building a stronger foundation and opening more lines of communication

My advice:

Read the hope, but do not dwell within it.

Some relationships are not meant to be, and that is ok. Accepting this allowed me to come to terms with a lot of emotions and that release, gave way to a much more positive lifestyle. Remember your old relationship can be forgiven, but not necessarily forgotten. Anything from this point forward would hopefully spring a new, healthier relationship with your ex, but to do this, you have to accept the end.

Do you.

There is no shame in counseling.

Create a new routine, preferably different than the one you had with your ex.

Do things that lead to great conversations - those might come in handy.

Hit the gym - or find a healthy balance to life. Endorphins are wonderful things.

Also, true love finds a way - as cheesy as that sounds, I believe it to be true. And for the naysayers, if it ain't true love, statistically, you will love again. Maybe differently, but there are millions of other people out there. Thousands you will be attracted and compatible with.

Best of luck - and just to contribute some more stories!

My brother and his fiance separated for two weeks, but reconciled and have been together for 6 years. They are getting married this year!

My best friend and her wife (same-sex couple) separated for about three days, but reconciled and have been together for nearly 8 years!

My boss and his gf separated after 4 years together, were apart for 5 months, and have just recently moved in back together about three months ago- he seems really happy!

It was very interesting to read through this thread. I would agree that reconciliations are quite common. They just aren't posted here as often. I think most relationships reach a point where both parties need time to evaluate. This is the case with mature couples, meaning they've been together for a year or longer.

My story is not a success story...yet. I just have a strong feeling things will take a turn. It's just a matter of when. I was dating a 37 year old man for about a year. I'm 31 no children and never married. Needless to say, I'm ready for that step in life. After college and a failed relationship, I met him. From the very beginning I thought, this was it. He's the one. I was very straightforward about where I was in my life. He has custody of his children from a previous relationshipp. We were a family and I was pretty much a step mother. I didn't realize that he may not want to grow the family. I became insecure about the future of the relationship and doubted him. This eventually took a toll on him. We had a series of problems and then out of no where, he decides to end things saying he doesn't want more children, but more importantly he didn't feel we would ever resolve our problems...my negative mindset. He gave up on me. I calmly packed my things and moved out. I tried to reach out a couple times, he responded saying he's been thinking about me a lot. After that, complete silence. He never responded to me ever again. I have furniture stored in my parents house that belongs to the landlord of the furnished apartment we rented. He never responded about picking that up. We broke up a month ago but I stopped trying to contact him 2 weeks ago. I just need to give him space. There are times I think he has made up his mind and will never go back on that, but I have faith he will turn this around. I've also gone on his Facebook page and he has been posting photos of flowers he sent me, quotes, and songs. I try not to look too much into it, but he knows I'm looking at it and I believe he is trying to get a reaction. I have always been the one to go running back to fix any problems we've had in the past. This is the first time I've completely let go of the rope. If he changes his mind, he has to show me he wants this for the roght reasons.

I am trying to respect his decision and I am giving him space. At the same time, I'm slowly starting to work on myself. Exercising and I've even started counseling. I found myself in church, haven't been there in about 20 years. I am going to come out of this a better person...with or without him. I'm practicing patience. I don't want to bother him again. I'm just going to wait until he comes back around. I have faith that if he loves me and has faith in us as he tried to instill in me for months, he will contact me. He's quite stubborn and that makes me doubtful I'd hear from him again, but I'm hopeful.

Hopefully, I will be back to update my story. Wishing all those who are in a similar situation lots of luck. Sit tight and have faith.

I broke up with my GF for the first time years ago and I told her to go date other people and that I love her but am not in love with her ect. We stayed in contact for months and still saw each other, until one day she said we couldn't see each other anymore and that she was cutting me off and seeing another guy. All of a sudden my heart stopped and I realized what I was losing. I did a 180 and tried so hard to get her back for weeks. Then one day, I was at my wits end, sitting on a bench and I get a call, she says she will give it another try based on what I promised. We meet up and it was honestly the happiest day of my life. I finally found out what love was.

Only problem was I made a bunch of empty promises and never actually fixed myself and after a year of love and happiness came about a year of the same bs little fights and stupid antics by me. She broke it off with me not to long ago and said basically the same thing I said to her the first time. Now I'm feeling the exact same way where I left off years ago. Except this time I'm actually improving myself and taking the time and effort to try to get her back in my arms.

Moral of the story: It is very possible to get you're ex back and when you do, make sure you have fixed the issues that caused the breakup and remember how you felt the first time. The saying is very true "You don't know what you got till its gone".

A friend of mine just got back together with his ex, they were apart for 2 years. But they were best friends before the relationship had ended, they didn't stop being friends. They kept on talking for the entire 2 years. My friend suddenly started to hang out with other girls and his ex seemed to react to this. So you see, sometimes even when you stay best of friends something can happen

Greetings

N3crontyr

Hi everyone! This is my first post here

I have been eyeing this thread as a non-member for a while now but only decided to join today.

I am just over one month into the most painful breakup I've ever been through. He promised me all throughout our 2-year relationship marriage, kids, and a beautiful future together and told me never to worry about him leaving me, because he wouldn't. Everyone thought we were made for eachother and were definitely going to get married. We were long distance too. The thing he loved the most about me was my smile and my happy energy, but then I went into a slump (family issues) for a bit and I would always vent to him. It got to a point where every time we would skype or call each other, I was talking about my problems and crying. I sometimes even blamed him because he did not know how to comfort me through the hard times. This went on for about 2 weeks, and then he told me he's had enough of my being too emotional and arguing over trivial things and said we need time apart (he said at least a year - but TBH I think this is his nice way of running away for GOOD). He also said that he can't talk about marriage with me anymore because he has too much on his plate concerning graduating/future jobs/internships etc. He also told me he started to believe that me picking little fights with him and being negative is actually part of my personality that is beginning to show as we are getting to know each other more and more.

I had made set plans to move to his country this year to work, but he told me don't bother moving there for him because he is not going to be there for me. I was absolutely crushed, because I had sacrificed so much to move there with him.

Anyways, that same day he deactivated his facebook and deleted all our photos that were on any type of social network. By his actions, we are definitely over, but I think he was too scared to tell me 'I am breaking up with you' directly. I did the begging thing for a week, but it made him angrier and he eventually told me to BACK OFF in a pretty mean way So I did and we are now in complete NC since that happened over a month ago.

I am not going to go into it anymore as it takes away from the purpose of this thread, however, I just want to tell you how much this thread has helped me heal and move on from this pain. Ofcourse, I have a long way to go, but I was in a MUCH worse place before I started reading the posts on this thread. It does not give me false hope but rather it makes me look forward to healing and gives me comfort knowing everything will eventually work out, whether it be with my ex or with someone better (although I am pretty certain my ex is never coming back).

And anyone out there who is going through a massive heartbreak, know that there are many of us in the same boat. We will all get through this together! Sometimes it helps just to know that people are going through the same thing and understand how we feel.

A friend at work told me that he was dating a woman for a year, but in that year they were barely together due to military deployments. First she was gone for 6 months, then they were together for 2 months, and then he was gone for 6 months. He said that during that time, they did a lot of horrible things to each other, which I'm guessing included cheating and lying. He said they ended up breaking up, but he said they never questioned that they loved each other. He said it was the most difficult 6 months for the both of them... after 6 months, they got back together, and he said it was difficult at first to fully forgive each other... but they did it!!! and now they are married and so happy

Exes do come back. All my exes have come back to me. The ones who left and the ones I've left as well. I understand you guys are going through a very hard time. You can't stop thinking about how they aren't by you anymore and you're scared. Know that it gets easier each day so long as you try to help yourself. This is a time for you to reinvent yourself. Work on the things that you truly need to work on. Get into fitness, create some art, finish something you been wanting to finish. And if you need to, give yourself a 5 minute pity party and cry. But after that, allow yourself to sort your feelings and know that you're capable of anything. Try really hard to go NC. And wait a few weeks till you've cool down a bit. Here's some stories of friends and my own:

1. A friend from high school had been dating her college sweet heart for a few years. They broke up because she was ready to commit to getting married but he was afraid. She let him go. She was very sad during this time but kept her faith alive by thinking if it was meant to be, it will happen. About 6 months go by and he realizes how much he missed her and how different his life had become with her absence. During this time he did some soul searching and everything pointed him to her. They got back together and got married last year and are as happy as can be!

2. There was this girl in high school who had the biggest crush on this football player and he knew it along with everyone else at schools. She's a very beautiful and attractive girl but never really ended up dating anyone. She knew in her heart that he was he one. He couldn't date her because he was focusing strictly on football because he wanted to get a scholarship and then eventually some day play pro. Well fast forward some years, they ended up dating in college and after college they got married and he is now a pro football player. All their dreams came true. She had been in love with him for many years and it finally happened. I've never seen a couple more cuter and happy. They been happily married 3 years now.

3. I dated a guy freshman year of college for 2 and a half years. We had a messy breakup, it was so bad I couldn't even justify how bad it was. I did everything bad you could possibly do. Begging and pleading and crying. I even embarrassingly called him a bunch. Yuck! I'm ashamed of this. Trust me. I did it for 2 weeks. Then I gave up and moved on with my life. I cut all contact and just went out and rock climbed. I even dated this guy I knew for about 3 months. Nothing serious. Then I ended things with him because it wasn't going anywhere. I enjoyed my youth being free as can be. And then suddenly on the 8th month of no contact with the ex, he reaches out and asks me if I wanted to grab coffee. I still loved him but was comfortable with how my life was going. We went for coffee and the entire time he was smiling so hard. I'll never forget the big smile he had. He told me I looked great and that he was happy to see me so happy. At some point I think he mentioned some sad song he listened to a lot that reminded him of me. We got back together that day and took a mini road trip and caught up. It was cute because you could tell there was a lot of feelings there still. We stayed together for another year and I ended things with him because eventually we were in a LDR. It was hard on us. We switched off to being just friends and it's worked out very well. We love and respect each other and who knows what the future holds.

4. My current ex and were best friends for a few years and had even been roommates for awhile. When we graduated from college we had to move back home. We couldn't stand the idea of not being with one another as much so we started dating. It was very cute how it all built up. We had this foundation of friendship and understood one another very well. We been together as a couple for 2 years and a week ago things ended. I am incredibly devestated because it came out of nowhere for me. I was horrified. For the longest time I've known in my heart that he's the one. When you know, you just kind of know. We been broken up a week now and have kept LC. I know I should have gone NC but I had the urge to express my feelings and I even asked him not to totally burn all bridges of us ever getting back together. He told me that he isn't trying to completely burn that bridge. He ended things because he has felt a lack of connection. I completely understand his point and understand on my part why that may be. I have some issues to sort out on my end during this time. But from here on out,

I'm going NC. I do want to get back together with him. And if that were to happen, I'd want to take it slow, talk it out, and get to rebuild that love and connection without the past issues, etc. It would be a new relationship. I want to do this in a totally mature way and truly hope we can work it out and that he gives us another chance. I freaked out cause I had thought he'd never give us a chance and he said that he can see how some things he said may have sound scary and that he is not diminishing me from his mind. I know he loves and cares for me. He just needs space to think and heal and move on from this past relationship. Wish me luck. I'll be back to post if things end up working out

This thread has helped me through my first few darkest days. I realized that two people need to fall apart in order to grow back stronger. Each of you have different situations and at the end of the day no partner is the same as the other. It's up to you to truly take a look at you and your partner and study up on what went wrong. Try not to take all the blame, unless you cheated. Well then that sucks. Be forgiving towards your ex, don't harass them or blame them for hurting you. Right now, they may already feel bad that they put you in this position and they are also feeling whatever the reason was that they left in the first place. As tough as it is now, work on yourself. Get a therapist, they are truly helpful in so many ways. Reach out to friends who will help guide you through this. Right now I have a friend who is going through the same thing and we have been there for one another through this. I know I'm just in the beginning of my NC but I already feel stronger because I was able to list out things I want to tackle and better myself. Allow your ex to want to come back to a better version of you, not the old version. There's always something to work on. Being more patient, kinder, fair in argument, and the way you express anger. These are a few examples! I've also been binge watching shows on Netflix and writing my thoughts out in my notepad so to avoid sending all of it through text or email to my ex. This is a crucial time to give them some space if you truly respect them and love them. You want to stand by their sides even if it's something as heartbreaking as this. Sometimes our partners can get cold feet, scared, afraid, and/or confuse about what's going on. Let them breathe! Allow them this time to focus on themselves to see what they truly want. It doesn't mean they care about you less. It'll also show them how much you care and respect them if you're able to be civil during this hard time.

Much love and prayers to you all. Thank you for sharing love stories that fill my heart with hope. I truly wish you all the best. If anyone wants to talk, hit me up.

Awesome post, Raindrop22!!

I don't have any get back together stories, however I CAN confirm that in my experience, ALL of my exs (aside from my most recent one which I posted about on here a few days ago) have come back.

I suppose the reason why it never worked with any of my exs is because I previously had that 'an ex is an ex for a reason' mindset. However that mindset of mine is now changing, after my most recent ex dumped me.

Anyways,

My first boyfriend in high school I dated for 1 month only. About 3 or so weeks into our relationship, I decided to (stupidly) lose my V's to him (we lost it to eachother). We did it once. After that, he acted extremely distant and strange for about a week before dumping me saying he wasn't ready for a relationship. I was hurt because I gave away my V's so easily, but the actual heartbreak wasn't that bad, and I felt that he used me and I decided I never wanted to even remember him. I deleted him from everything. Complete NC. It took a while, but 2 years later he facebook messaged me and asked me how I was doing and that he would like to see me sometime. I replied to him politely but never got back to him regarding that meet up. We haven't spoken since, and we still aren't friends on facebook but he is following my updates lol. Honestly, I still don't know why I even dated him.

My second boyfriend I was with for 2 years but we only met twice because of the distance. The distance made me lose interest in him. He was also REALLY freakishly clingy which grossed me out. I ended things as nice as I could but he wouldn't let go. I was not that emotionally invested in the guy. I cried once after the breakup and moved on really quick. Cut of all contact. He was really against the breakup though, and wouldn't let me go. A week later, I went to a club with my friends and met a guy and we swapped numbers. We met on two more occasions and went to second base, but then I felt really bad because it is totally unlike me hook up with 'randoms'. My ex was still BLOWING up my phone. I told him I met a new guy but my ex thinks I CHEATED on him! What!? Then he went crazy and called me all these names and was really verbally abusive. So I blocked him on everything there is. He became stalkerish, and would make fake accounts and add me and pretend to be someone else. About 4 months later, I met my most recent ex (who I was with for 2.5 years) and even then my crazy ex-ex was still trying to contact me. EW. He kept trying to contact me for 2 years after our breakup before giving up (through email, but I'd read them and delete them without replying). It even got to a point where he threatened to upload my old nudes online etc if I didn't reply to him, and other instances where I said I would tell the police if he didn't leave me alone.

Anyways, there were no happy endings there, but the point of the stories was that EXES DO COME BACK (most of the time).