Getting back together really does happen!

• 3 weeks later...

I've read so many of these stories after I had a really bad breakup and they all helped. So now I finally made an account and want to give my story and why you should always have hope in these situations no matter what people say.

My ex and I were a fresh couple barely together for a month but were always together for 3 months before that. When I first met her I knew she was a different girl I knew i wanted to be with.

It was close to the end of my junior year of college when I was planning on going home for the summer ( out of state but only by 6 hours drive time). She had told me she had feelings for a guy she knew before me and didnt want to keep on going in a relationship and keep hurting me although I did nothing wrong. Of course I was crushed by this especially since this was the first breakup that hurt me in this way because I loved this girl genuinely. I made the mistake of begging and pleading which resulted in her wanting to go NC until she was ready to talk. We were NC for about a month. During that time, I .became depressed and hit an all thine low to start my summer break. All of my friends told me to let go and move on but none of them understood how I felt inside. Even if i wanted to move on my mind knew she was the one for me.

It was about a month later she contacted me to see how I was and told me she was coming to my state with her uncle for a week and wondered ifI was able to hang out with her. I agreed and we hung out and everything felt normal because I kept my cool. Right before I left she told me how she knew I still had not moved on and said that I needed to because we could only be friends which broke my heart even more. I agreed to be friends because I still cared for her as a person.

About a week later I went down to her state to visit some friends and she again contacted me to hang out and we did. It was casual and fun and she admitted to me she wasn't truly over me and was just confused on what or who she wanted to be with,but she knew what we had was great and missed the connection we had.

Ever since then we have been talking everyday and I can tell she may want to try a relationship again in the future.

All I want to tell the doubters or the pessimists that may not have hope is to keep hope and have faith in God's great work. He does extraordinary things through our prayers. And even if people tell you to move on or forget someone, at the end of the day it is your feelings and you should follow what your heart says. Hopefully this helped someone today

i was dating this guy last april and he left me for his ex girlfriend and it's been a year and a half later and he messaged me the other day asking me to hangout so I did and I could tell he was interested in me and wanted me back but I said "well you had your chance" and I am no longer interested in him. Goes to show people do come back!

I have read most of the posts on here and they're really comforting because I'm hoping one day my most recent ex will come back to me, our relationship was amazing, we're perfect for eachother but then he went into the military and we broke up 4 months ago because long distance is tough and he's going through a lot of stress and made it clear he wanted to be alone until he comes back. We have had strict NC for about 3 months. He said he wanted to be with me when he gets back in october so I hope he hasn't changed his mind! Hoping I can one day post my reconciliation story on on here!

Hello there! Just want you to know my ex bf of 3 years also broke up with me back in June. I was so devastated back then because I fee; that we were really meant to be and I know he felt the same. We just need some time apart now as we're both in our growing phase we need to learn to love life alone. I will always have a positive mindset and strive being the better me. Let's stay strong alright!

I am currently going through the worst, most heart-wrenching breakup of my life. I hoping that maybe, somewhere, there is the hope of reconciliation. I'm working hard on the issues that drove us apart: depression, anxiety, not understanding love languages. I know this will help me no matter what relationship I'm in next. But I dream so, so much of reconciling with the man I love who loved me with all of his heart--a love I couldn't fully appreciate.

In the meantime, this thread has been helpful and comforting, though I shouldn't spend all this time reading it. I just wanted to add some stories to help those also feeling so, so low.

1) I dated the same guy for 5.5 years, from 18-24 years old. We broke up twice in that period and got back together each time. Now I can say that each reunion was a terrible, terrible idea, borne more of loneliness than anything else. But we did get back together! The eventual final breakup was hard but mutual.

2) I fell head-over-heels in love for a new guy shortly after. We spent 1 blissful year together then each moved to a different country. We tried to keep it going long distance but he broke up with me on Valentine's Day over Skype. I was furious. We spent the next several years being on-again, off-again, until we were finally in the same place and realized it just wasn't right anymore. But then it was much more mutual.

3) My two friends have been together for 9 years. He dumped her in college so he could sleep with one person. She was furious. They got back together and have been going strong ever since.

4) A good friend of mine had a wishy-washy boyfriend who couldn't say I love you, and then moved accross the country and broke up with her. She was devastated. They still continued to Skype every single day and she kept begging. Eventually he decided that yes, they should be together. They are still long-distance and it's rough, but they are together and trying to make it work.

My stories:

1 Dated a guy for about a year. He broke things of because he just didn't have those feelings for me. He recently contacted me again (15 years later!!!!) asking to take me on a date and see what happens. He says he has no recollection of breaking things of the first time, lol.

2 my child's father and I we were together for 12 years. He left me for another woman. After a lot of drama and 7 months later he asked for another chance.

3 dated a coworker for about 8 months. He broke things of. I was devastated! DEVESTATED!! For about two years. We remained close friends spending way to much time around one another. I eventually met a new guy and he was not pleased at all. Tried to sabotage and get me away from the new guy in numerous occasions.

4 dated a guy over a Summer. We were not sleeping together yet but he told me if I didn't start he was going to lose interest. I stopped speaking to him. A couple of months later he called claiming to still have feelings.

5 dated a guy for two years. He refused to commit. I broke things off but less then a year later he wanted to try again.

6 dated a guy when I was about 19. Till this day if I run into him he ask for another go.

7 dated a guy for a year. He broke things off of some other girl. Ran into him a year later and he practically crashed his car when he saw me and yelled out his window if I still felt the same could we try again.

All these cases I lost interest so the answer was NO! I almost feel like the queen of the guy wanting back now that I think of it.

• Like 1

Great news guys! So from before, I had explained how my ex broke up with me for another guy she had feelings for. Well after the whole summer she saw that he really didnt care much for her even when he said he did and she knew it. She had come to me to tell me that she really did have feelings for me and even dropped the L word almost a week later. I could tell she really meant eveything she explained to me about her coming back and wanting to take her back. I can tell she had really thought about our breakup during the summer. I gave her a second chance and she really has changed. She is just so much more engaged into what I talk about and do and I am so glad it all worked out!

• Like 1
thats wonderful news mystery!! thanks for posting an update. Just a little unsolicited advice though. Take it slow and treat this like a new relationship. A complete do over! Its the advice I constantly hear. Good luck!!! I am smiling and so excited for you

Thanks Jusstme, I am taking the relationship and slowly as I can although we have so much in common and know virtually everything about each other. But I am trying to treat it like a new relationship. And she knows where I stand in all of this. If you are waiting for your ex, I hope they do come back to you!

The ex gf tried to come back in a few months ago. Told her about my soon to be fiancé and told her that if something were to happen to us I would possibly consider it, but it would be nigh on impossible now. I've moved to Kentucky, bought me a place up there, and am happy. She still comes around but she don't bring it up, now she's just become my friend and I'm good with that

The ex gf tried to come back in a few months ago. Told her about my soon to be fiancé and told her that if something were to happen to us I would possibly consider it, but it would be nigh on impossible now. I've moved to Kentucky, bought me a place up there, and am happy. She still comes around but she don't bring it up, now she's just become my friend and I'm good with that

after how long broken up? details...

Bump!!

My ex and I have been broke up with little contact for about 4 months now. She never initiates but waves when she sees me and usually responds if I text her but she can go 3 weeks without us speaking. I was the dumpee an She immediately started searching for a new relationship. After our BU about 1-2 months in she found a sweet guy that "treats her like gold" which is what she wanted. In all these stories I have noticed its way more common for guys to come back after being the dumper and jumping into new relationships. Is there any stores of ex girlfriends returning?

And not to take this off topic I have a story of a manager of mine she recently told me. I don't know all the details but she dated her bf for 4 years they broke up for a full year where he hated her. I know she didn't date during that period but they somehow got back together and have been married for 15 years with a daughter. They are one of the happiness couples I've seen.

First: I can't stand this thread. F'ing hate this thread!!!

Second: Women dumpers pretty much never come back. Once a women is done with you she is done, never to give it another chance.

Women seem to really think and wait before they break up and are very sure of their decision.

When a women breaks up with you pretty much forget about them and write them off.

Second: Women dumpers pretty much never come back. Once a women is done with you she is done, never to give it another chance.

Women seem to really think and wait before they break up and are very sure of their decision.

When a women breaks up with you pretty much forget about them and write them off.

Not true all the time. My ex came back to me 3 months later after dumping me. She came back and said how she makde a mistake and truly did want to be with me and we have been going strong since.

well dont read it then ... an angry man portraying himself as a first class misogynist is not going to help anyone least of all yourself . This thread is to tell stories of success , to let people have that hope if they want it and if you dont like it you should stay away and allow people to share and help each other .

Thanks pippy! I've red this whole thread over a couple of weeks and I have got to say. Reconciliation happens a lot more then not. It seems there are key criteria:

1. Breakup was sudden and hastily done

2. NC or very LC was done

3. Reconciliation happens after 6 months to a year later give or take

4. Both parties started to improve themselves through therapy, working out, job change things of that sort

5. There was still a lot of feelings for one another

6. Very little mean or hateful words or actions were exchanged between the two.

Thanks pippy! I've red this whole thread over a couple of weeks and I have got to say. Reconciliation happens a lot more then not. It seems there are key criteria:

1. Breakup was sudden and hastily done

2. NC or very LC was done

3. Reconciliation happens after 6 months to a year later give or take

4. Both parties started to improve themselves through therapy, working out, job change things of that sort

5. There was still a lot of feelings for one another

6. Very little mean or hateful words or actions were exchanged between the two.

It does happen ..it didnt happen for me ..it didnt happen for many .. it happened for some and they split again .... but what matters is that while accepting and dealing with the horrible heartbreak peeps have a thread to come to, to read of hope and success ...