Getting back together really does happen!

Yay good for you! I think depending on their behaviour during and post- breakup it's only natural to lose respect for them sooner or later. My friend has literally just been broken up with by her long-term boyfriend, and because the way he did it was so cowardly and disrespectful she has completely lost respect for him already. She actually makes me feel like a novice at all this since she's coping so well! (I've put a thread on the breaking up board if you're interested).

It's great that you're attracting interest from men already. Just be careful not to rush into anything before you're ready. There will still be guys hanging around when you are ready. Keep your guard up if you do see your ex on Wednesday. It can set you back an awfully long way if you're not prepared for it.

hpinky - your success story is so inspiring! after 2 month broken up, and 3 weeks of it NC, we went on an all day outing of brunch/movie/ice cream soda fountain/shopping/dinner at great italian restaurant. it gives me hope. i love him so much. i'm hoping he does find his way back.

keep me posted on how things are doing!

I found some stories from a while back here on ENA from past users...really liked the stories so Im putting them on this thread : )

#1: Buddy of mine dumped his girlfriend of 2+ years summer before starting medical school. Typical GIGS. She was heartbroken and moved to another city 3 hours away. After starting med school he began dating another girl. After 4 months with this new girl he realized how much he missed the ex. Called her a few weeks later. She visited a few weeks after that. They got married 2 years later and now have 2 young kids.

Both these scenarios were typical GIGS. I think a key point in both of these relationships was that they were both very good relationships, with no real major points of contention. Simply one person had to go through that phase where they question the relationship.

What's a GIGS?

Allow me to help its " the grass is greener syndrome"

I'm really not sure how to explain it i just know what it stands for

I get it! Thanks. Pretty much dumper left because s/he felt there was something better, realized there wasn't, and came back?

I hope my ex gets a severe case of the GIGS and comes back soon. THE GRASS IS GREENER WHERE YOU WATER IT!!!

My bf also just broke up with me and i like to read this thread..gives me some kind of hope,anyway,whats meant to be is going to happen

Here is a story of my sister:She got together with her bf and they were dating for 3 months,,then he broke up with her and started dating another girl,,she was devastated because she really liked him,when she got over him(3 months later) she got a message from him saying "i miss you,i want you back'".She made him fight for her,,then they got back together and were so for 2 years.When she broke up with him he cried really as a child..and now 2 years later he hasn't forgotten her yet

1. My best friends saw each other for 3 year. He broke up move to HK and she went to OZ. While in HK he started to date another girl – broke up with her and his ex came and moved in with in in HK
  2. My client was caught cheating by his GF twice. In fact she walked in when they were in bed ! They got engaged last week.
  3. My other friend constantly split up with her BF – they both dated others and now are together.
  4. Her friend has had an on off LDR with a pilot for a number of years. They got together ish in April – he got cold feet and told her he was going on holiday with an old flame. She gave him an ultimatum and they are back together.

Interestingly enough these guys are in there early 30s and perhaps over time realized it was time for a deeper commitment on both sides.Added to this, my ex knows 1,3,4.

Oh - and all my exes have come back down the line in one shape or form. The wo significant ones in the past 4 weeks once they learnt I was single again. All those years ago I would have done anything to get them back.

The rub is I'm not interested in them on that level anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

To everyone hurting, Getting back together really does happen!

Read my past posts and you will get an insight into my story and breakup. I was lost like many of you are now, experiencing a pain unlike anything I had felt before. I couldn't sleep, eat, or do anything - it was a living hell.

But with time and from advice from people on here and from books I read - I discovered how to find happiness again. You have to first get yourself back before you will ever have a chance at getting that one you lost back. You have to truly move on and concentrate on yourself (it may sound selfish) but its important to focus on you! I highly recommend that you join a gym - use it to build the better you and let off steam. No contact is the only way - in order for you to heal, move on and improve yourself. No contact is not a forever and does not mean the end...

I don't have the time to explain my whole story on here right now but felt that I should come back and share with you - as I owe alot to this site for helping me in my dark days. Yes the days back then were long and the nights longer and yes I never felt that emptiness in my gut would ever go away...and yes I was sick of hearing that time heals all wounds. But it truly does - My ex and I did indeed get back together and we are happier now then we ever were - we have been back together for over 6 months now and we are talking about kids and marriage. We were apart for about 3.5 years - but I didn't sit waiting - instead I finally got my life back - I got a new job (better one with more money) , bought a house, dated and had other relationships, joined a gym and got into awesome shape, tried new things (food, travel, etc...) I went against my little voice and tried things that scared me.... I wish you all well in finding your love again - whether it be with your ex or someone new and I thank everyone at ENA for helping me when I needed you : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna bump but also tell another story.

My parents dated for awhile. A few months. My mom was moving to another country though and they broke up. My dad was sad when she did but was able to move on. They wrote letters to each other as friends while she was gone. They both got significant others eventually, and the letters stopped. 3 years later my mom's sister was getting married and returned home. My dad was at a peace rally and my mom randomly saw him there. They started to spend time with each other, my dad knew that she was the one. They had dated others and after 3 years they knew that no one else was right for them. My dad soon proposed to my mom and moved with her. They've been married for 35 years now.

It's funny. When I tell them about my current situation my mom tells me that she would not recommend getting back with my ex if she came back but my dad tells me that it's absolutely worth a shot.

My ex and I ended on amicable terms. No cheating, no fighting. While my parents had this wonderful story to tell, her parents unfortunately divorced. This of course was, in some ways, something that she thought about before breaking up with me. She was scared, we love each other so much, but she doesn't want to end up marrying me without knowing what else could be out there. We are truly products of our family lives.

I do believe it to be possible to be with her again someday and I hope one day I can tell that story to you all.

Great story! Glad to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am starting a possible separation/divorce and things seem super gloomy right now. Experiencing the same emotions you started out with. Reading this post does not give me hope to fix things with my wife but rather motivates me to do things for myself and to make me happy. If that involves my wife in the future- so be it. However, you seem to have done a great job with focusing on you and that sounds like exactly what I need to do! Thank you!

your story- the short description- has inspired me. i won`t give up. i will give her time she need since she asks for it,, i will wait, hope and live on that hope, deep down and i am not wrong,, i have those strong feelings.. she is the one. going NC is just to prepare my self to fight for love, in a peaceful way of course, if nothing happens,, i wont by the end blame my self why i never tried. trying always get us to where we want even if we try once..thanks and best of luck

I have a story too... I heard about it on TV recently. The 2 singers of the German Hip Hop Band Freundeskreis met in 1999, got married soon after that. Had 2 children in 2001 and 2003. For whatever reason, they seperated and got divorced in 2007. And now, beginning of 2011 they are officially back together!!

I'll write about my cousin and his wife.

My cousins wife had the grass is greener crap. My cousin was getting jealous of her going out frequently with all these single party-girls, he would fight with her about it. He himself would just stay home and play videogames. His wife says its because he didnt want to go out, so she partied, and the fight over jealousy got her to leave. I dont think so, she had the grass is greener, plus active friends who partied. Actually, its both things when I think deeper into it. He was her first sexual partner. So, they broke up after an argument about her going out, she said, "you know what, its over... i dont want to be in a relationship anymore, goodbye."

Anyways, she went and slept with a few dudes. And she went as far as to promote clubs with her friends, so she was partying hard. She even slept with my cousins friend who he invited to his house once.

HE went out a bit, and got with his wife's ex-roommate and friend (oooo juicy!). And he stopped playing videogames. Note he did chase for a while, I dont know for how long, but eventually he gave up hope and stopped chasing her, probably around the time he met her roommate.

Like 7 or 8 months later christmas comes around. He sends her a text saying, "Merry Christmas". She texted him that shes feeling horrible and that hes the only one that reached out to her, that all the guys used her, and now during a holiday, she has no one. So, he takes her back and breaks up with the other girl (who he says to this day cant stop thinking about since she was sexually better).

Now they are married. Personally, I dont think this was a good story, no matter how she wants to spin things, she was pushed to settle because she was out "there" and realized guys do sleep with you and keep you as an object. That is her reality, the one she thinks is out there in only 8 months of searching. Its not that she couldnt find better, its just that she found waaaay worse.

They are happy together though. He doesnt play that much videogames, and she doesnt party. I do notice she has a significant edge in domination in the relationship, and I think its because my cousin knows she left, thats written in history, and he does realize she is capable of doing it again.

Thanks for sharing. It's kind of a depressing story, but it was important for me to remember it's not all about riding off into the sunset when people get back together. It goes to show you really have to work on yourself before you can be in a good relationship. :star:

your story- the short description- has inspired me. i won`t give up. i will give her time she need since she asks for it,, i will wait, hope and live on that hope, deep down and i am not wrong,, i have those strong feelings.. she is the one. going NC is just to prepare my self to fight for love, in a peaceful way of course, if nothing happens,, i wont by the end blame my self why i never tried. trying always get us to where we want even if we try once..thanks and best of luck

best of luck to you too man!!