Brain Tumor

I agree, just don't really know how to shove this avoidant side of myself away.

I think you do, seek mental help immediately. When our problems get so big they overwhelm us it becomes nearly impossible to get out from under the heap on our own. There is no shame in asking for help. Now is the best time to begin the healing process.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in mind that a pituatary tumor affects hormones, and hormones affect your mental health and thinking, and make you depressed or emotional. A LOT of your problems may be solved by fixing the pituatary tumor. It may actually help your PCOS problems, or eliminate them.

Right! That is sort of a good thing to remember. I know I am "out of my mind". I am pushing so hard against the side effects but they're taking over.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. It just makes me sick to think that your country pays all these taxes and you guys still have to pay to get proper health care. I did see Sicko too, and it made me so sad and I wish there was something that could be done because it's just not right. So glad I live in Canada. Move up here! You'd get it all for free.

If there was any time to be strong and fight this, and do whatever you can for you, it's now! You have to look out for and help yourself get through this. Maybe seek counseling too, to help you get the strength and motivation you need.

While they can't refuse service to those with emergencies. Follow up care that she would need (MRI's, etc) would be through a different place, usually a private center that can choose whether to treat or not without insurance.

You'd be surprised, at least I was shocked. Many of the night ER admissions are patients with non-emergencies. Yea, it really annoys the physician, but health is more important. No one can be turned away from the ER. It's the terminology that's important, as to why she chose to go the ER route.

You'd be surprised, at least I was shocked. Many of the night ER admissions are patients with non-emergencies. Yea, it really annoys the physician, but health is more important. No one can be turned away from the ER. It's the terminology that's important, as to why she chose to go the ER route.

They will more than likely refer her to another though for this, they can give her primary care but she can't just go in there for an MRI.

I know how the whole ER thing is with alot of people going for non emergencies, Believe me, i've spent many of nights there for many different reasons but if you go in there for just an MRI they are going to refer you elsewhere or tell you to see your regular doctor.

I know how the whole ER thing is with alot of people going for non emergencies, Believe me, i've spent many of nights there for many different reasons but if you go in there for just an MRI they are going to refer you elsewhere or tell you to see your regular doctor.

If she says she has double vision or some focal changes (whatever her symptoms are, I am not sure), they will do the MRI. It's a liability issue for them.

If she says she has double vision or some focal changes (whatever her symptoms are, I am not sure), they will do the MRI. It's a liability issue for them.

Yes, they will do an MRI (More than likely just a CT Scan..) but will send her elsewhere if they find something (Such as the Pituitary problem she is already having) hence she will just be forking out extra money for the ER visit, the physician she saw, and the MRI costs (Which usually cost more if done through the ER just because it's done on an "emergency" basis..) all for the diagnosis she already has.

I know, I went in one time for migraines and loss of vision, they did a CT scan and found what they thought was bleeding on the brain so I was transferred elsewhere so not only was I paying for one MRI and visit I was paying triple what I would have paid had I just gone to my regular doctor for an MRI.

Yes, they will do an MRI (More than likely just a CT Scan..) but will send her elsewhere if they find something (Such as the Pituitary problem she is already having) hence she will just be forking out extra money for the ER visit, the physician she saw, and the MRI costs (Which usually cost more if done through the ER just because it's done on an "emergency" basis..) all for the diagnosis she already has.

I said this based on the fact I thought she did not have health insurance. Knowing now she does have health insurance, she cannot go the ER for free.

However, that is not the experience I have had in the ER's I have worked in in 2 separate very large states, but that's a whole other topic not related to this post.

You're right but nothing I am doing really makes sense anymore, to be truthful. More than an MRI or medications, I need a psychiatrist.

I have been suicidal, so in my mind I think "how can I force myself to do the legwork required to save a life I had contemplated taking for years now?" And "how can I worry about some benign tumor when I am rapidly moving towards cervical cancer". I feel overwhelmed and that = total shutdown.

Nothing makes sense. I always let things go until it all comes crashing down. I just have to find motivation. The blockage is me. I don't ask for help and I don't help myself.

ISH.......

Sweetie - I am terribly sorry to hear this devastating, worrisome news. Not only about the possible tumor but that you don't have the desire to live or fight for your life in general!

My question to you is..... is this an issue that you absolutely cannot get the MRI done or is it moreso that you refuse to do the legwork needed?

Sometimes fear paralyzes us. Sometimes depression takes away any desire to live. I beg you.... beg you beg you. Do something! You are just a baby.... 22! Please please please do something! You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful soul. Now is the time to act. (Don't wait! Do this especially before your job ends.)

ISH.......

Sweetie - I am terribly sorry to hear this devastating, worrisome news. Not only about the possible tumor but that you don't have the desire to live or fight for your life in general!

My question to you is..... is this an issue that you absolutely cannot get the MRI done or is it moreso that you refuse to do the legwork needed?

Sometimes fear paralyzes us. Sometimes depression takes away any desire to live. I beg you.... beg you beg you. Do something! You are just a baby.... 22! Please please please do something! You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful soul. Now is the time to act. (Don't wait! Do this especially before your job ends.)

Thank you so much. It's mostly a general lack of interest... probably a result of the health issue itself!

Tomorrow I will do some calling; I feel more confident about getting the MRI now. I have the next few days off and I will make the most of them to see about what I can do before the year is up.

My headaches are getting worse and worse... I can hardly stay awake for 8 hours, and my vision is a total blur. It's getting wayy too unbearable!

How are you doing honey???

I'm doing alright, still trying to figure everything out. Today was one of the first days in nearly half the year I didn't have a headache!

Yay. lol

It's tough to get everything straight because my mother controls the information about the insurance and she is apathetic. I am trying to discuss options with her and she's just like... "WELL I don't know!"

I'm doing alright, still trying to figure everything out. Today was one of the first days in nearly half the year I didn't have a headache!

Yay. lol

It's tough to get everything straight because my mother controls the information about the insurance and she is apathetic. I am trying to discuss options with her and she's just like... "WELL I don't know!"

Do you have your insurance card with you, where you have policy numbers and a phone number to call? If so, why don't you try calling the insurance company yourself to verify benefits and such.

When I was in college, I had insurance through my father, but whenever I had to use his insurance (asthma-related hospital stays and such), the bills would come or requests would come for insurance verifications, and I would call the insurance company myself, because my dad HATED handling stuff like that, and if it was something to do with me, he'd rather I go and call and deal with it.

aww

Ugh, and I know what you mean--the PCOS is the biggest pain in the asssss. do you take glucophage or anything? (glucophage made me SO sick)

QUOTE]

I do take glucophage- they want to up that dosage so I am going for a fasting bloodwork some time soon. (More $$$$.)

It used to make me sick too. Not so much now.

Do you ever get that fuzzy, pop rocks sound in your head when your blood sugar is low? It's so crazy to explain to people, but I get this sound like pop rocks going off in my head. lol!

Actually, YES...but I never attributed it to anything in particular. I thought it was just one of those things... next time I get it, I'll take note.

How are you doing?

Again, I thank all of you for your concern and support. I have never felt so loved ever!!!!

Hi there I just wanted to come here and offer you some more love!

I can empathise with you here - if you ever need to chat about how you feel, then I'm here for you. Abou this time last year I found out I had a growth on my pit gland, too. And now, not even 12 months on since I started taking medication, things have improved A LOT for me. I know it probably is annoying for me to say not to give up, because where I live I didn't have the same financial stress of healthcare, but I am hoping so much you can get some help to get MRI scans and tests done, because there is a lot of support for pit/endocrine issues.

I hope its ok to post a link here, if not then I apologise, and mods please feel free to remove it:

link removed

Its a UK based website, but there forum has members from all over the world, and many US posters, who might have some advice on healthcare help

Archived