I am scared of myself

Angel_baby

I think a journal here would be a great idea. There's the choice here of ones people can post to, those that people read but can't post to, and totally private. I've thought about this myself.

As well as the swimming (you'd need a heated pool though) -- it has helped my pain more than you could believe. And it also reduces depression and calms anxiety.

Some places even have aquatherapy (water therapy). I wonder if your doctor could prescribe that for you, where you work with a therapist on good exercises? You've not mentioned physical therapy, only medications...and this might be a great thing to look into. A combined program of exercises in the water and just swimming to get your cardio up, which starts to get the circulation and good neurochemicals pumping. I come out of the water a different person in how balanced I feel.

Yes I think I will start a journal, might help to release some tension and stress. I do feel the need to vent out a lot but hold it in.

ToV thanks for your suggestion to bring it up to my doctor. I need to do that because I really hate all these meds. I'll ask him about it... the only pool around here is $25 a month so I will see if I can add that to our budget. I went to the doctor originally for exercises and techniques to help with the pain, not meds. I just learned how to swim last year and LOVE it. Only problem though it does tend to hurt my back some but maybe pacing myself will help with that.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honey go to a shelter tonight with your sister and son.

It wouldn't work because I know I would just come back if I were to go to a shelter and even then the pain would be to much.

I know if I can just make it through the next couple of months I can stay away for sure by moving into a apartment with my sister farther away from here.

My husband went off on me and said a bunch of hateful things. Then he shoved me to the ground. We aren't talking to each other for over a hour now and I am in tears still. He hurts me so bad.

It's so hard to keep doing this

(((hugs))) I think that a shelter would be a good idea though- I understand that it's not easy in your circumstances, but what if it's worse than 'shoving to the ground'?

Oh Angel I am so sorry. Big hug coming accross the Atlantic for you. Is there any way you can leave this situation sooner than in a couple of months? Always remember that your husbands moods and anger are about his stuff, not because of who you are.

In the meantime, looking into whether you can use the pool near you is a great idea. ToV is right, swimming is sooo relaxing - just build up gradually while your muscles get stronger. I am lucky that I can go running, and a half hour run in the hills when I'm feeling low makes the world of difference. And it calms down anxiety too.

Do you have information about a shelter near you? Could you find out more if you don't? Perhaps finding the phone number, talking to someone there - doesn't mean you need to go right now or even make a decision right now. But knowledge is power. And if you want to leave the next time your husband pushes you or assaults you, you will have the information ready to be able to make an informed decision for you and your little boy.

Baby steps, angel, baby steps - just something small each day that takes you towards where you want to be.

My husband went off on me and said a bunch of hateful things. Then he shoved me to the ground. We aren't talking to each other for over a hour now and I am in tears still. He hurts me so bad.

It's so hard to keep doing this

OMG...I am so sorry to hear this, and in your fragile state. Plus you have been sick to your stomach.

Know I'm sending you a big hug. If he gets any more violent, please reconsider a shelter.

And I NEVER escalate an argument with him. As hard as that is, never do it. It's one thing I learned in therapy while living with my abusive husband.

((HUGS))

~Allie

i just want to say that..

a strong woman is not one who has great strength and not affected by any storm. she is not one who is not afraid of anything...

a woman of great strength is one who has been through hell but yet survived.. she is human and admits her vulnerability.. though she is weak her strength is in Hope that she cannot see.. no matter what circumstances or difficulties she faces, she will brave it up for her son and walk through them.. a woman of great strength is one who faces difficulties in life yet encourages others around her..

and that... angel.. you are her...

i just want to say that..

a strong woman is not one who has great strength and not affected by any storm. she is not one who is not afraid of anything...

a woman of great strength is one who has been through hell but yet survived.. she is human and admits her vulnerability.. though she is weak her strength is in Hope that she cannot see.. no matter what circumstances or difficulties she faces, she will brave it up for her son and walk through them.. a woman of great strength is one who faces difficulties in life yet encourages others around her..

and that... angel.. you are her...

Thank you for that Wtm, that meant a lot to me.

Upset but keeping myself busy. Better then sitting alone in my thoughts

yeah, I know how the mind can become a prison of its own sometimes. On the other hand it is also the 'free-est' place that we have. Hope you feel better today. Any news about finding a lawyer?

yeah, I know how the mind can become a prison of its own sometimes. On the other hand it is also the 'free-est' place that we have. Hope you feel better today. Any news about finding a lawyer?

I am waiting for a response back from one of the sites.

I finally made a journal, decided to do one on here since I spend a lot of time here.... so we will see how that goes.

Hi Angel

I'm happy too to see that you're finding out about a lawyer. And good for you for starting a journal. It can help so much to lessen the feelings of anxiety just by writing out exactly what you're feeling and what thoughts are going through your head.

Is it getting cold in Missouri now?

Archived