I am scared of myself

Angel_baby

Angel when I have to stop my meds for some reason my doctor always prescribe a vitamin b complex to help ease the withdrawal symptoms.

I hope you are feeling better.

Love

Jeen

What are the deficiency symptoms for the B vitamins?

VitaminB1 Thiamin

Deficiency symptoms include tiredness, depression, irritability, inability to concentrate, poor memory, muscle weakness, gastrointestinal disturbances, numbness and tingling in hands and feet, reduced pain tolerance, disturbed sleep, and poor growth in children.

Vitamin B2 Riboflavin

Deficiency symptoms include sore tongue and lips, cracks in skin around nose and mouth, eye irritation, burning feet, red and greasy skin but also dryness and flaking, scrotal and vulval dermatitis

Vitamin B3 Niacin, Nicotinic Acid, Nicotinamide

Deficiency symptoms include irritability, headaches, poor memory, emotional instability, redness, scaling & pigmentation of skin in light-exposed areas, sore & fissured tongue, and diarrhoea.

Vitamin B5 Pantothenic Acid

Deficiency symptoms include tiredness, headaches, weakness, emotional swings, muscle cramps and nausea.

Vitamin B6 Pyridoxine

Deficiency symptoms include irritability, nervousness, insomnia, seborrhoeic dermatitis on face, acne-like rash on forehead, red and greasy skin but also dryness and flaking, sore tongue and prominent taste buds. Increased requirement premenstrually and for those on the contraceptive pill.

Vitamin B12 Cyanoco-balamin

Deficiency symptoms include mental confusion, tiredness, pale skin and recurrent mouth ulcers.

Biotin Vitamin H

Deficiency symptoms include scaly dermatitis, tiredness, weakness, damaged nails, and severe cradle cap in infants. Helps utilise other B vitamins. Long term antibiotic use can cause deficiency.

Inositol

Deficiency symptoms include eczema and poor hair condition. May help people suffering from problems such as bulimia, panic disorder, bipolar depression and polycyctic ovary syndrome.

The different B vitamins work together, so even if you are thinking you just need Vitamin B12 or Vitamin B6, you are probably better taking this broad-spectrum B complex. Otherwise you may create a deficiency of some of the other B vitamins by taking one in isolation.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel,

How could there be so few Drs. in your area? Or at least compassionate ones? Are you rural?

Yes somewhat. I live in a small city, about 25,000 population. There are doctors but my insurance also limits the ones I can see to about half.

And that's the thing... this doctor acted so nice but I don't think he wants to deal with my problems. He would rather keep it simple for him. My husband says he may not know what else to do and that is why he isn't doing anything... but he's a doctor and I went to him for help, that's his job! Or so I thought...

Angel,

Story about Doctors from a year ago last March, a month after my wife died. The Dr. who misdiagnosed her cancer as pnemonia, was doing a physical on my son, and asked, "have you any relatives with a history of cancer?"

After I asked him to leave the room, I confronted her..."do you have any F'ing idea who his Mother was?" ..... "Well, I'd have to get his chart."

I firmly believe that at least 30% of them are clueless about how to deal with their patients.

Our new Doc is a godsend....please keep searching.

My best,

KG

Angel,

Story about Doctors from a year ago last March, a month after my wife died. The Dr. who misdiagnosed her cancer as pnemonia, was doing a physical on my son, and asked, "have you any relatives with a history of cancer?"

After I asked him to leave the room, I confronted her..."do you have any F'ing idea who his Mother was?" ..... "Well, I'd have to get his chart."

I firmly believe that at least 30% of them are clueless about how to deal with their patients.

Our new Doc is a godsend....please keep searching.

My best,

KG

But my next appt is 3 weeks away and that is soooooo long when you feel like this. I feel so upset that I told that doctor everything and he acts like he doesn't care. I was really hoping for some help and got nothing but craziness.

And I remember you telling us that in OT, how horrible that doctor is! I would've wanted to punch her in her face.

angel, you need to find a doctor who will LISTEN to you. A good doctor will care about what you have to say. I'm very lucky with my doctor. She does EVERYTHING in her power to help me feel good (that includes trying 98675 different anti-depressants until I found one).

Maybe you have a friend that could give you a referral to someone different?

Hey this is great news Really glad to hear you're doing better. Remind yourself how strong you are that you hung in there and that you are now feeling better. And I think jittery and shaky is something you are more familiar with than the numbness, so you can think of ways to help with how you are feeling now.

You're right that 3 weeks is a long time to wait for a psychiatrist's appointment. If you can't get one sooner, just take it one day at a time. So focus on what you need to do today, to look after yourself and your little boy. Worry about tomorrow when it comes (easier said than done, I know).

Do something nice for yourself today as a reward for making it through the last few awful days. It can be something really small, like 10 minutes to relax with a cup of tea where you tell yourself that this is 10 minutes for you and you only.

Big hug!

Angel, Im sorry to see you in so much pain. I wish the best for you and your son. I know its hard to live like this everyday but think of the joys you will have once you get away from your husband. Will it solve everything no but it will make such a differance that you can feel enough relief to deal with the rest.

Please dont be scared or feel guilt to ask your sister for help. She would probably love to know how you really feel. Im 31 and talk to my 17 year old niece about alot of things and it helps me to see another persons side of view. She is your family, she will be there for you just like you are there for her.

What keeps me together are my 2 boys, they keep me grounded, I think I couldnt imagine a day without them, and when the bad thoughts creep in, I get mad. I say NO I WILL NOT BRING MYSELF DOWN TO THAT LEVEL, MY CHILDREN NEED ME.

But I'll be fine

You know. This is going down for me as "Most Over-rated Sentence of the Year."

How are the feelings of fear about hurting yourself, and the suicidal impulses? Would you say they are under control now, stabilized enough that it's not something you/we/I have to worry about?

Even if the anxiety and depression continue?

You know. This is going down for me as "Most Over-rated Sentences of the Year."

How are the feelings of fear about hurting yourself, and the suicidal impulses? Would you say they are under control now, stabilized enough that it's not something you/we/I have to worry about?

Even if the anxiety and depression continue?

Honestly, I think about it everyday recently but I doubt I'll act on it. So it's really just the anxiety and the depression that is eating at me.

Honestly, I think about it everyday recently but I doubt I'll act on it. So it's really just the anxiety and the depression that is eating at me.

Do you write in a journal Angel? I know it's only a small thing, but maybe until you can see your psychiatrist, writing down the thoughts that are causing you anxiety and depression may help to ease them a bit. If you write down the thoughts that are the loudest, and repeat that sentence over a few times (in writing), it really can help.

Are there places you can take your son for a walk outside too? Some time outside, for a quick half hour walk can help reduce the anxiety and depression.

Big hug

Thank you for the suggestions Yodabell. I do try to go for a walk around a couple of blocks at least once a week. Hard with my arthritis and a 2 year old but I try.

I can't write with my hands the way they are but I could type a journal... maybe I could create one on here...

*hugs*

Oh, I know how difficult arthritis can make everything else going on. My mum has arthritis, and always has had. Now that I'm older I can understand that this would have been a big part of why she would get so frustrated with us so quickly - that it was more to do with how she was feeling than that we were bad kids.

My mum found swimming helped keep her mobile but was less painful than other types of exercise. I know this might be difficult with your son, but perhaps if there is a pool near to you, you could arrange a time each week where your sister may be able to look after your little boy and you have 20-30minutes for a swim.

Starting a journal on here sounds like a great idea!

x

I think a journal here would be a great idea. There's the choice here of ones people can post to, those that people read but can't post to, and totally private. I've thought about this myself.

As well as the swimming (you'd need a heated pool though) -- it has helped my pain more than you could believe. And it also reduces depression and calms anxiety.

Some places even have aquatherapy (water therapy). I wonder if your doctor could prescribe that for you, where you work with a therapist on good exercises? You've not mentioned physical therapy, only medications...and this might be a great thing to look into. A combined program of exercises in the water and just swimming to get your cardio up, which starts to get the circulation and good neurochemicals pumping. I come out of the water a different person in how balanced I feel.

Archived