Shall i send a message or just leave it?

skyblue1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky, from now on hold off on 'he's really into me" until you've been dating steadily and exclusively for at least 3-4 months. On a third date the mindset should be, at the most "I think he might be interested in another date with me" - you leapt to a conclusion that just because you had 3 nice evenings and he seemed to find you attractive and interesting, that that meant he was so into you that "of course" there would be another date.

I am not saying to be negative at all, just to be realistic about the time it takes for people to be really into each other where things are on the path to being serious, as opposed to conversations on serious topics that are not yet backed up with actions. As I mentioned he probably was being totally honest - felt like that at the time when he said it - but you two don't know each other well at all so those feelings don't yet have a grounding in reality, on either side.

SKy you're gorgeous, don't contact him at all, if he's got any sense he'll be back.

SKY-> I agree, you are a gorgeous girl and if you were in the United States, I'd take you out in a heartbeat.

His loss. If he ever gets his head out of his butt and contacts you, then for his sake I hope it's not too late. Otherwise, it is his loss!

he was engaged to this girl - he lives at home with parents so i doubt it

How long ago did he break up with her?

I was engaged not too long ago, and if he tells you about this early on (ie 3-4 dates) he is clearly not over her. I am still not totally over my ex-fiance so I bring her up from time to time.

He sounds a bit unstable relationship wise if he brought her up. Id take it day by day. You are beautiful. Go to a coffee shop, randomly flirt with a few guys. Bring your spirits back up.

SKY-> I agree, you are a gorgeous girl and if you were in the United States, I'd take you out in a heartbeat.

His loss. If he ever gets his head out of his butt and contacts you, then for his sake I hope it's not too late. Otherwise, it is his loss!

Awww thank you i'd let you take me out well i have another date lined up tomorrow with another guy.

I wish he does contact me. Shame he doesn't want to see me anymore. xxx

How long ago did he break up with her?

I was engaged not too long ago, and if he tells you about this early on (ie 3-4 dates) he is clearly not over her. I am still not totally over my ex-fiance so I bring her up from time to time.

He sounds a bit unstable relationship wise if he brought her up. Id take it day by day. You are beautiful. Go to a coffee shop, randomly flirt with a few guys. Bring your spirits back up.

Thank you hmm he actually told me this on the first date which was strange. It was two years ago but his had a relationship before that. Don't get it! Must be me ](*,)

Thank you hmm he actually told me this on the first date which was strange. It was two years ago but his had a relationship before that. Don't get it! Must be me ](*,)

If he mentioned that on the 1st date, it is still bothering him. Why get involved with someone if they are still not over their ex?

Some girls I've taken out several times don't know I was engaged. It is not their business. If things got more serious, I'd casually mention it/bring it up if it came up.

If he mentioned that on the 1st date, it is still bothering him. Why get involved with someone if they are still not over their ex?

Some girls I've taken out several times don't know I was engaged. It is not their business. If things got more serious, I'd casually mention it/bring it up if it came up.

I see what you mean. I didn't feel anything of it when he said it. When we were having our phone convo he was like you remind me of my ex the one i got engaged to - Did to get over another date not working now.

I see what you mean. I didn't feel anything of it when he said it. When we were having our phone convo he was like you remind me of my ex the one i got engaged to - Did to get over another date not working now.

Id NEVER say that to a girl, especially on a 1st date like that.

Sounds like a looser/not over her. Move on.

Don't take it personally. He could be expecting for you o chase after him !

There is this idiot called Doc Love and he is brainwashing all men into thinking women should chase them. And waiting over 1 week to call is another of his silly games. Dump this guy !

Well i sent him the last text - so i am kinda chasing him. Don't you think?

looks like it.

now if a guy doesn't call you right away, does that make you like him more?

Yeah it does want me want him more. He knows that i like him though - i even said see you soon then before i jumped out of his car and he say we will talk No talking so far

hey - i totally understand that you feel hurt and disappointed. especially when he sounds like he is interested, and next thing, he goes *poof*. give yourself a day or two to feel bad, and then just forget him. a guy who goes *poof* on you just isn't worth worrying over. you have better things you can be thinking about.

like everyone else has said - dont take this too hard. i know how it feels though, it's annoying when you think they like you and suddenly it all goes cold. there could be all sorts of reasons though and it may not be related to you or how much he liked you...

personally, i dont play it very cool when i like someone... so i would probably have sent another email or sms. might work or might not but nothing is lost at the end of it. however, don't listen to me - i crash and burn in dramatic style

just to add another confidence boost - i would have called back

good luck with your new date!!

I don't play it cool either, I just assume that those early dates are one hit wonders and I make the most of each date without the expectation that there will be another date because I haven't gotten to know the person over a period of time and have no idea if the nice things he says will be consistent with his actions, personality, character, over time.

I don't play it cool either, I just assume that those early dates are one hit wonders and I make the most of each date without the expectation that there will be another date because I haven't gotten to know the person over a period of time and have no idea if the nice things he says will be consistent with his actions, personality, character, over time.

Exactly. I dont call that playing it cool that is just being realistic about a first date or two.

It is nice to be flattered on those early dates but until you really know the guy you don't konw for sure if he really "means" it or just blowing smoke up your skirt.

Exactly. I dont call that playing it cool that is just being realistic about a first date or two.

It is nice to be flattered on those early dates but until you really know the guy you don't konw for sure if he really "means" it or just blowing smoke up your skirt.

Or if he means it at the moment but since it is not in the context of knowing you as a person, or knowing anything much about the two of you as a couple, what he feels then could be different from what he feels tomorrow. Far less risk of that kind of changing feelings after several months of dating, when what you say to each other is based on actual knowledge of each other.

Nah i don't think he wants to see me anymore - what can i do? nothing much - thats why i was thinking maybe i should e-mail him but thinking about it now it's a silly idea - why beg for someone to like me by trying and trying and trying. he's loss i suppose - bloody idiot

don't contact him. he's not interested. regardless of why, he's just not. i've gone out on 3 - 4 dates, really liked the guy but didn't feel what i wanted and broke it off....depending on the guy...sometimes i tell, sometimes i don't.

I did a naughty thing last night i went against my word and texted him and you never guess what???? He didn't reply i am feeling so low right. I've had enough of this shi*. All i want to know is what the hell is going on

It's simple. Silence after an early date = not enough interest in another date, for whatever reason. He may not even have a real reason, might just be a sense of "no future" - and if it is something he feels would upset you, he's probably not going to feel comfortable telling you. Dating is much easier when you accept the silence=disinterest and when you realize that so-called closure is what you give yourself.

Good luck.

It's simple. Silence after an early date = not enough interest in another date, for whatever reason. He may not even have a real reason, might just be a sense of "no future" - and if it is something he feels would upset you, he's probably not going to feel comfortable telling you. Dating is much easier when you accept the silence=disinterest and when you realize that so-called closure is what you give yourself.

Good luck.

I'm finding it hard to accept this though it always ends like this silence and i hate it. HOw can i come to terms with this Batya33? feel like going mad

Archived