Shall i send a message or just leave it?

skyblue1

Hey girls and guys,

Hope everyone is well. Sorry i bet you guys are bored of me talking about dates going wrong. Well heres another bad date.

Met this guy on facebook a month ago. We went on 3 dates which went well i think. We spoke about anything and everything. about our parents, what we want to do in life etc i was very comfortable around him. We met once a week and kissed on these 3 dates we went on plus he will compliment me i also spoke to him over the phone for an hour before meeting on our 2nd date.

I saw him a little under two weeks ago - i texted him a few days after meeting saying hey, how are you? he replied i'm good thanks - how are you? So i replied yeah i'm doing well thanks. We should meet up for a meal sometime x since then i haven't heard from him. Not sure if he wants to see me again. As i was the last person to text - would it be a good idea to email him on facebook? as i deleted his number.

x

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't contact him.

You were the last to initiate, and he hasn't responded.

Unfortunately, he sounds like he's not interested.

PLEASE don't take this personally. This JUST happened to me. Why they just don't TELL us is a mystery to me. I guess it's just easier to blow us off, huh?

My best...

~Allie

I wouldn't contact him.

You were the last to initiate, and he hasn't responded.

Unfortunately, he sounds like he's not interested.

PLEASE don't take this personally. This JUST happened to me. Why they just don't TELL us is a mystery to me. I guess it's just easier to blow us off, huh?

My best...

~Allie

I thought he was into me though he even told me i reminded him of his long term ex a few years back. I was willing to defo give this guy a chance. I even said i'm sick and tired of players on the 1st date and he still does the same thing as other guys do mess around without saying the truth. Sorry this has happened to you. I hope your not too upset x

Why they just don't TELL us is a mystery to me. I guess it's just easier to blow us off, huh?

I've heard many people say that they feel it would be presumptuous of them to tell someone they are not interested in them after only a few dates. I don't agree with that personally, but it could explain why many people simply stop communication when they lose interest.

If he was interested he would of replied back to you! Unless he is playing hard to get game!

Nah i don't think he wants to see me anymore - what can i do? nothing much - thats why i was thinking maybe i should e-mail him but thinking about it now it's a silly idea - why beg for someone to like me by trying and trying and trying. he's loss i suppose - bloody idiot

Nah i don't think he wants to see me anymore - what can i do? nothing much - thats why i was thinking maybe i should e-mail him but thinking about it now it's a silly idea - why beg for someone to like me by trying and trying and trying. he's loss i suppose - bloody idiot

SKy you're gorgeous, don't contact him at all, if he's got any sense he'll be back.

exactly.. why beg for someone who cannot see right

Dunno what people (men) what these days!

It was only three dates. You've known pairs of socks far longer. He said some nice things but you didn't know him long enough to know whether over time his actions would be consistent with his words. Often on an early date when people are nervous or excited they say things they feel at the moment, then the next day they feel differently, or meet someone else they like better. He's not an idiot - he's entitled to change his mind early on and after only three dates while it would be nice if he called, he's not obligated to - it's only three dates. I wouldn't take it personally - and I wouldn't count this as some sort of failure on either of your parts. People often discover they don't click after a few dates. No big deal.

It was only three dates. You've known pairs of socks far longer. He said some nice things but you didn't know him long enough to know whether over time his actions would be consistent with his words. Often on an early date when people are nervous or excited they say things they feel at the moment, then the next day they feel differently, or meet someone else they like better. He's not an idiot - he's entitled to change his mind early on and after only three dates while it would be nice if he called, he's not obligated to - it's only three dates. I wouldn't take it personally - and I wouldn't count this as some sort of failure on either of your parts. People often discover they don't click after a few dates. No big deal.

Time to move on then - thank you Batya33 x

Skyblue, I just wanted to make clear, despite my best intentions there were those guys who in 2 or 3 dates REALLY got under my skin and then never called. I was left baffled, too. My advice was the advice I took myself to try to get some perspective, but I can totally relate to your disappointment and frustration.

Skyblue, I just wanted to make clear, despite my best intentions there were those guys who in 2 or 3 dates REALLY got under my skin and then never called. I was left baffled, too. My advice was the advice I took myself to try to get some perspective, but I can totally relate to your disappointment and frustration.

I know your trying to give me the best advice Batya i'm just always when it ends like this. Guess we need to face the facts and live with it hate men wasting my point - Why am i always going for the wrong guys?

hi sky - i totally commiserate. we're about the same age, and i've definitely had more than my fair share of frustrating dating experiences. you get sick of it sometimes, you know?

as for this guy, i'd leave it. we don't know what happened. he could have gotten back with his ex, or met someone he was more into, etc.... hard to tell. is there anything you could have said on the date that turned him off? like if you said you wanted 8 children and he didn't want any, or something like that? in any case, ball's in his court. don't stress. not everyone is a love match.

hugs

I know your trying to give me the best advice Batya i'm just always when it ends like this. Guess we need to face the facts and live with it hate men wasting my point - Why am i always going for the wrong guys?

You didn't go for the wrong guy. it's normal early on for one or both people to decide they don't really click after all - that's called "dating." - we're not mindreaders so we can't predict in advance who we'll click with.

sky, he's clearly not the right guy' if he can do this to you. Best to have found out now rather than 3 months down the line..

On a completley inappropriate note, it he dosent wanna take you out on another date I will

Sorry

awww thanks for that i guess so but i thought he was into me guess i was wrong

hi sky - i totally commiserate. we're about the same age, and i've definitely had more than my fair share of frustrating dating experiences. you get sick of it sometimes, you know?

as for this guy, i'd leave it. we don't know what happened. he could have gotten back with his ex, or met someone he was more into, etc.... hard to tell. is there anything you could have said on the date that turned him off? like if you said you wanted 8 children and he didn't want any, or something like that? in any case, ball's in his court. don't stress. not everyone is a love match.

hugs

No i didn't mention children or anything like that. We spoke about lots of things - don't understand where it went wrong

Archived