I want to date a white boy!(Do they like black girls?)

NotSoPlainJane

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have desperate white guys who cant get white women out there and will settle for a black woman like my father did, so I'm sure there is a white guy out there for you.

What??!? Did I read that right? That's just so, so wrong. You need therapy, my friend.

Lately, I have been very attracted to white boys. I have never dated one before, and there's one I like in particular, but I don't know how to go about it. I've always dated black or brown men, who have complete different personalities from white men- in my experience.

My last boyfriend, who was the first man I ever loved, dumped me in December, close to my birthday. Everytime I see a black man, I want to run the other way because they remind me of how cruel theycan be. Now, I find myself looking at men who are completey opposite looking- white men.

Thing is, I know the "rules" when it comes to dealing with black guys, but white guys personalities are soooo different. How do I go about approaching one? Any advice would be appreciated.

I would love to date a black woman. Around here, its primarily white, unless college is in. Then theres a really nice mix. I always found black women to be more into anything they do, seem to have alot more sense to be quite honest. I don't see the question in how to approach a white guy tho, if I was to be approached in any way by a black woman, I would be totally flattered Thats just my take on it. I would just go about it how you would normally. Hope this helped.

I would love to date a black woman. Around here, its primarily white, unless college is in. Then theres a really nice mix. I always found black women to be more into anything they do, seem to have alot more sense to be quite honest. I don't see the question in how to approach a white guy tho, if I was to be approached in any way by a black woman, I would be totally flattered Thats just my take on it. I would just go about it how you would normally. Hope this helped.

This thread has been helpful in seeing that racist attitudes are alive and well. Eye opener!

OP, all you need to know is whether a man likes you for you or not, and will treat you right. Going about finding that out doesn't require you to take his skin color into consideration.

I like the idea suggested to hold off on a dating a bit to heal. Practice turning away from the rotten apples at the early stages, when you are not preoccupied with thinking of him as a man to date first..but as a person.

Learning to communicate and get to know people who happen to be men is often easier when there isn't the pressure of the possibility of sex or that whole jungle of dating to try to navigate through.

I, too, find a lot of these posts somewhat sad. How easy life would be if looking at someone's skin revealed their character - see how silly it is?

I'm not one to normally chime into delicate topics like this, but this is actually quite the generalization...

thats just in my experiences around them, seriously, all of them that I have ever known have had a real good head on their shoulders and knew exactly what they wanted out of life, always had a plan. I still don't see what the problem with what i said was, maybe I should have just stayed away from this one.

What??!? Did I read that right? That's just so, so wrong. You need therapy, my friend.

No, I know my family history, I know my dad. He could only get girls to like him enough to have sex with him if he spent money on them directly or indirectly and they just used him. In terms of getting a decent white girl, he was unable to do so because they all liked other guys, not him. He was short, and didn't come accross as masculine, he was a nice guy so to speak. He had a girl in Italy that lost interest with him. He really had nobody and was starting to get older.

His parents and family have always hated my mom's marriage to him because mom is black. I doubt that he would have gone through so much trouble to go against his own family to marry a black woman if he has ample choices of white women. He didn't choose to marry a black woman over a white woman, he choose to marry a black woman as opposed to remaining single for the rest of his life as he saw he was going nowhere with other women.

If my dad thought that way, and he was white in a prejudiced society where it would be taboo to marry interracially, then I wouldn't be surprized if other people may be thinking, due to their limited options in the white gene pool, they may just try their luck elsewhere, especially at an race type that would likely look up to them. In that sense those people would think they are settling since things aren't working out with the ideal girl of their preference, but that may not have been their first option.

IN a sense it's a good thing. Sometimes what people initially prefer as a racial type to marry, may change through life experiences. My dad made the right decision. If he married one of them white trash women, they would have dumped him the minute the money stopped coming in, divorced him and sued him for all he had. My mom on the other hand, stayed with him, think or thin, despite his cheating on her and taking a stripper to Miami and lying to her, she still stook it up all these years and never cheated on him. He's lucky and think he got the better end of the stick in this marriage.

Anyway, I made a generilsation based on my dad. I'm mixed race and wouldn't care about dating any race of women. I think black woman have a nicer soul than other races do in my experience. In fact, I had a black gf encounter, my first kiss was with a Black girl, and would definitely date black women myself because I feel a nice sisterly connection with them most of the time and usually don't feel on the edge.

But I'm a mixed person, I cant speak for white people. I know my dad's white and how he likely thought, so that's why I shared that here.

Reality check PlainJane: Men are men, they may differ in skin/eye/hair color but they still employ the same mentality. A black man broke your heart, so can a white man. I'm not saying you can't date a white man. There are a lot of white men who are attracted to black women. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't generalize men based on race.

You are being discriminatory against women who are not black when you say that blck women have a "nicer soul". That's extremely racist to say.

That "sisterly connection" that you speak of is just sick.

I'm just talking about my experiences. Most positive dating experiences have come from Black women. I'm pretty much no holds barred when it comes to race, but seem to have an easier time with Black women.

This is also to defend any argument that I think anyone is settling from dating a black women that I don't personally hold that position.

Lately, I have been very attracted to white boys. I have never dated one before, and there's one I like in particular, but I don't know how to go about it. I've always dated black or brown men, who have complete different personalities from white men- in my experience.

My last boyfriend, who was the first man I ever loved, dumped me in December, close to my birthday. Everytime I see a black man, I want to run the other way because they remind me of how cruel theycan be. Now, I find myself looking at men who are completey opposite looking- white men.

Thing is, I know the "rules" when it comes to dealing with black guys, but white guys personalities are soooo different. How do I go about approaching one? Any advice would be appreciated.

All White men are perfect, they don't cheat on their wives and never get divorced. So I would stay away from Black men, they are trouble

If she had a bad expereince with a white guy it would be the same, that is just how people are.. Like if she were on a plane crash and survived, she would prabably dislike flying from that day on.. But that dosnt make flying dangerous. I am white myself, and if she disliked going out with white guys I would not care at all.. I do not see how it is offensive.

It's offensive because her post is saying ALL WHITE MEN ARE PERFECT!!!!. That White men don't have relationships problems, just black men

how was what I said racist?

"I always found black women to be more into anything they do, seem to have alot more sense to be quite honest."

"if I was to be approached in any way by a black woman, I would be totally flattered"

In the first sentence you generalize about women's character traits based on their skin color

In the second sentence you claim you would be flattered because a woman who is Black approached you.

to me that is generalizing based on race.

I'm a black woman myself and I can see where the offense is coming from. The OP worded the message to where it sounded prejudice by saying "when i see a black man i would run the other way" or whatever was said. It sounded as if the OP is generalizing the black culture with one bad experience.....Alex Kidd and Kat mommy and the others who see this as sounding a bit racist, I see your concern. I know the OP meant well, but it's just worded bad, in my opinion.

Archived