I want to date a white boy!(Do they like black girls?)

NotSoPlainJane

"I always found black women to be more into anything they do, seem to have alot more sense to be quite honest."

"if I was to be approached in any way by a black woman, I would be totally flattered"

In the first sentence you generalize about women's character traits based on their skin color

In the second sentence you claim you would be flattered because a woman who is Black approached you.

to me that is generalizing based on race.

I certainly didn't mean for it to sound like I was generalizing, I was just speaking from my experience with black women. The second sentence I could have worded better. I am attracted to women, black more than others, so yeah I would be psyched if I were to be approached by one.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but then there are some completely racist type statements here. wow.

I don't think having a preference is racist either...I have similar preferences...I like dating people of my own race, generally speaking. I don't think that kind of thing is racist.

But when I hear that someone gets wants to run in the other direction when they see someone of a particular race (I think I saw that somewhere on this thread) that is a bit scary to me...and that does sound like racism to me.

Also, as you stated there are some just blatantly racist statements in this thread.

I don't think having a preference is racist either...I have similar preferences...I like dating people of my own race, generally speaking. I don't think that kind of thing is racist.

But when I hear that someone gets wants to run in the other direction when they see someone of a particular race (I think I saw that somewhere on this thread) that is a bit scary to me...and that does sound like racism to me.

Also, as you stated there are some just blatantly racist statements in this thread.

why did you quote only half of mine and pretty much retype what you left out?

I think a preference based on racist reasons is racist but many people have preferences for non-racist reasons - they want someone from the same cultural background when contemplating a serious relationship/marriage even if that wouldn't matter if it was just about friendship, or who you would like to work with.

I think a preference based on racist reasons is racist but many people have preferences for non-racist reasons - they want someone from the same cultural background when contemplating a serious relationship/marriage even if that wouldn't matter if it was just about friendship, or who you would like to work with.

omg, give it a rest already. because someone chooses to date a black person or a white person or a purple person it is their preference. that has nothing to do with racism. so a gay guy is sexist i guess. pffft

To me this sounds like you're saying some people just have a preference whereas some people are racist and this leads them to have a preference. I agree 100% and Ghost69, I don't see how what you've said contradicts with Batya...I think you misinterpreted what she said. I think she agrees with you that there is nothing wrong with having a preference. She's added to that that some people are racist and this leads to a preference. There's a difference.

A black woman wanting to date awhite guy because she feels that black men are nothing but trouble is nor racist. just RETARDED

retarded because not all white men are PERFECT. there are white men who are freaks, drug abusers, womanizers, cheaters, and immature. If This poster thinks she will no longer have relationshiip problems because she is dating a white man, then she needs to see a therapist

A black woman wanting to date awhite guy because she feels that black men are nothing but trouble is nor racist. just RETARDED

retarded because not all white men are PERFECT. there are white men who are freaks, drug abusers, womanizers, cheaters, and immature. If This poster thinks she will no longer have relationshiip problems because she is dating a white man, then she needs to see a therapist

okay, CD. then you only date this type of girl then. and i say this type _______. you can't tell someone who they want to date. maybe she will have a perfect relationship with a white guy. maybe she won't. but for now her personal preference isn't black guys.

Yes, that is what I meant. Give it a rest on the personal "reactions" k? ;-)

lol @ personal. i'm good. i had to exaggerate the reaction to get the necessary reaction from the others.

okay, CD. then you only date this type of girl then. and i say this type _______. you can't tell someone who they want to date. maybe she will have a perfect relationship with a white guy. maybe she won't. but for now her personal preference isn't black guys.

lol @ personal. i'm good. i had to exaggerate the reaction to get the necessary reaction from the others.

I know I cant tell her who to date but I hope she is normal enough to know that not all white men are perfect

what she is saying is perfectly understandable. just like men from japan tend to treat women differently than men from saudi arabia, there are cultural difference between whites and blacks as well... of course the line is blurry and there are a great deal of exceptions. but i think it is probably true that black men treat women differently than white men. thats not to say that one race treats women better than others, its just a difference.

what she is saying is perfectly understandable. just like men from japan tend to treat women differently than men from saudi arabia, there are cultural difference between whites and blacks as well... of course the line is blurry and there are a great deal of exceptions. but i think it is probably true that black men treat women differently than white men. thats not to say that one race treats women better than others, its just a difference.

I known a lot of white men to be divorced so it's not all peaches and cream because a black women is dating a white man

I known a lot of white men to be divorced so it's not all peaches and cream because a black women is dating a white man

you aren't understanding. her preference has changed. she wants a white guy now. so what. she is asking if it's different. we have all answered it's not. even you are saying it's not. let's leave it at that.

As a halfsie (asian/white), i can only comment on 'my' two races and i believe that the further away the two parents' countries of origin, the better looking and smarter the kids so let's all mix it up and get good looking, smart babies. ha!

kidding. or not.

..... ive dated probably everything but black men, and that's only because there were almost no black men in my high school, college, or in my neighborhood. you usually like/date whomever it is you're surrounded by...

Are there generalizations that can be made of one race over another? Sure..but that's where culture comes into play, not necessarily race.. AND there are always exceptions.

There are definitely going to be people who are against mixing of races, so i just say avoid them. if your parents and family are the ones giving you trouble, too bad for them! they'll come around if they love you and will eventually learn to accept the person you bring home.

Im starting to see asian men date black women and i love it!

Archived