Should I apologize to my friends girl friend?

Islandgirl25

I have this male friend who started seeing this girl two years ago as a friends with benefits. So all he really wanted to do with her was hook up, because at that time he was messaging another girl who he really liked and hoped he could have a real relationship with when she came back home. She lived in another country. So his friend with benefits actually initiated this no strings attached realtioship with him, atleast that’s what he told me, that it was her idea. I told him usually girls start those types of relationships as a way of trying to form or force a real relationship from the guy they fancy. But he didn’t listen to me and said no she is not that type of girl, she is cool, she knows this is just for fun. But she didn’t know about the girl he was messaging on the side, and while all this was going on she was getting close to me and his other friends. Like going out of her way to be extra nice to us, because of my friend. And I kept telling my friend, this girl really likes you, you need to to stop your and decide what you want! You can’t play people like this. So his dream girl eventually comes home and ghosts him, so he decides hey I have this other girl who really likes me I guess I will just settle for her. My friend is actually starting to sound like a ...anyways this girl finds out about the other girl and becames crazy! But she forgives him because he says sorry and he knows he was a and they make their relationship official...And then I start to notice my friend becoming distant from me and I ask him why? And he says it’s because his girl friend can’t trust me, because I knew about the other girl and I insisted on becoming friends with her, even though I knew what was going on between him and the other girl. I never insisted on being her friend, I was being nice because she was always around and she was always messaging me about my friend! And she said I used her...but honestly I feel used by the both of them. He said I was the only other person who knew about the other girl, which is not true, all his friends knew but she is okay with them. It’s just me and she wants me to apologize to her and then only can we be cool and hang out again. What do you guys think? I know what my friend did wasn’t cool and I was put in the middle of it, but why is she still fighting about someone ‘the Other girl’ if she is not even in our lives anymore?

I agree that you've become the scapegoat in this. She's angry and can't acknowledge why or she'd have to leave the guy, so you have to take the fall.

My question, why you and no one else?

You have nothing to apologize for.

She needs to be reminded that she agreed to be a booty call to begin with.

Who he dated on the side is not any of her business and taking it out on you is just nonsense.

I wish I had a good answer for you.

I'd leave her out of the equation and talk with your friend.

He's not much of a friend if he would allow this to happen.

Stay out of his business and let him deal with his own nonsense. Do you have a crush on him? Why are you orbiting him and giving him "advice"?

I start to notice my friend becoming distant from me and I ask him why? I was put in the middle of it. she is not even in our lives anymore?

You have no reason to apologize.

She volunteered to be his FWB, no-strings-attached booty call. She's just pissed off now because she realizes that, duh, emotional strings were attached for her. But not for him. Her ego is bruised that he liked someone else that whole time and only turned to her because she hung on and made herself an easy option.

I would stay away from the both of them. Neither of them sounds like a true friend, and their relationship isn't going to last anyway. Not your problem.

Whenever you see someone behaving in a shady or disloyal way toward anyone else, there's your big neon sign that he or she also owns the capacity to be disloyal to you. So the moral of this story is to distance yourself from such a 'friend' rather than stick around to involve yourself in their drama, because that never ends well. Have you noticed?

I'd skip the apology and skip these people. I'd be civil whenever our paths cross in public, but beyond that, what's in this for you beyond a need to watch your own back all of the time?

Thank you guys, I appreciate all your responses :) And @Wiseman2 I wasn't trying to involve myself in his business, he would always message me or call me to talk about the girl he was really in love with, and he is the one who introduced and made his friends with benefits part of our social circle. And we have been friends for 10 years now, so if he is going to act strange and distant, I'm going to call him out and ask him why. We have been through a lot together as friends, that I can't go into detail here, so it did hurt my feelings when he was distancing himself from me. But I've decided I don't want to be friends with him anymore, cause everything he has done is shady and to throw me under the bus like that was not cool. He has been selfish and he is being selfish right now, he wants to be friends again but he wants me to apologize to his girl friend for knowing about his side chick (who he loved, but ghosted him) and becoming friendly with her. What am I supposed to do if he made her part of our lives, act cold and unwelcoming? I'm not going to apologize as most of you have said I shouldn't. Thank you :) I just wanted some clarity.

Archived