Should I reach out to an old coworker

Gtakid

Hello all! This might sound cringy or dumb but here it goes...2 years ago I worked with a girl who also went to the same community college. We didn’t know each other too well but more like aquatinces. She was always really sweet and pretty. We both transferred to universities although I stayed in our hometown (Houston) and she is 8 hours away...so I didn’t think about asking her out back then. Now we are both going to finish college next semester and she posted on fb that the is moving back home. I still would really like to ask her out or at least get to know her better when she comes back home but I don’t know if it will work. We have been friends on Facebook since we worked together and I decided to message her awhile back to catch up with but I kept it very short. She has always been single so far as I know. Should I ask to meet up when she comes back home or visits for the holidays? It’s driving me crazy.

Wise, old people who have been questioned about what they did right in life always say they were glad they took the risks they did, even if it didn't pan out. Living in a safe bubble is a boring and lonely life. Unless a person possesses red flags, which she doesn't, it's a good risk for your heart. I wouldn't ask her on a romantic date since you haven't physically seen her in a while. I'd just say: That's great you're moving back to xxx. I'd like to treat you to lunch, when you get settled, to catch up.

You will be able to see by her words and actions if she reciprocates the interest.

i definitely think you should reach out!

i had the exact same thing happen to me; an old coworker of mine from 2 years ago found me on facebook and we got to catching up, eventually we went on a date together and that was in June and since then things have been going really well! im glad he reached out and im sure she'd be glad you reached out as well :)

Good luck!

Archived