I’ve just started dating after a LTR. I’ve been broken up for 8 months but my heart is still a little bruised. I think I’m ready. I’ve known this guy for about 10 years and have seen him at bike rally’s and other biker related functions. We always dance, flirt and have a great time.

When he saw I was single he asked me out. We don’t live in the same city but not that far apart and as we are both retired, traveling is never a problem. So I go to meet him for dinner and he asked me to spend the weekend. I go, we have an amazing connection, he has flowers and we dance in the kitchen, relaxing around the house, a great make out session, but I decline to spend the night. It was tempting but I don’t want this to be about the sex.

We plan on meeting at a rally in a couple of weeks and I decline staying in his room, opting to get my own hotel down the road from his. We plan on riding together at the rally.

I wrote a cute little blog on Facebook a couple of days after our first official date, and he calls and sounds a little freaked out that even though I didn’t mention him by name, I recounted our “date.” He is concerned that I think we are now exclusive boyfriend/girlfriend. I assure him, that I was only writing an entertaining blog about my adventures in dating and I never thought there was a commitment by anyone. I told him I would take the blog down if he was uncomfortable. He assured me he just wanted clarification of my expectations.

So all that was last Wednesday. I haven’t heard a word from him for 5 days. I don’t know if I should cancel my reservations for the rally, text him, call him or what to do. HELP! I really like this guy but I think I have scared him off! What should I do?

Well, he may be giving you a dose of your own medicine. You made it clear that that you didn't want to take the relationship further (as in having sex), but he felt you were writing like you were a couple. So since you've made it clear that you're just friends, he's treating you as such. So you should text him and ask if everything is on for the weekend. You shouldn't expect him to have to contact you first all the time since you're only friends.

She made out with him, but didn't want to sleep with him yet. I don't think that's a dose of medicine. OP I think he's just not on the same page as you and probably wanted sex. He saw your blog and wanted to make sure you were not getting too invested. I wouldn't feel bad about blogging; now you know where you stand. Contact him if you want but I don't think you'll get anything more than physical from him.

The rally is not until a couple of weeks later? Then you need not change plans yet. You should ask if you're still on for that, but don't ask yet. He needs more time. Imo he overreacted, but he is who he is. I would have low expectations from now on. Let him come to you. If you don't hear from him in another week or two, and you still have not lost interest in him, then you can ask him if you're still ggoing to the rally together.

Great news...he did finally text and we are meeting at the rally tomorrow! Seriously, I REALLY like this guy and I’m so ready for a new relationship. I’m trying to keep my expectations manageable but I think this is something good, not just a hit and run. We have so many of the same interests and I’m finally looking forward not back. It’s a super nice feeling!

Archived