Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Finding me...

I know! I’m actually surprised this idea of potentially being stood up due to miscommunication on a first meet hasn’t happened sooner.

As he sat down at the table, he explained to me that just before he left his house to meet me, a friend showed up on his doorstep & asked to stay the night as they got into an argument with their wife. While he was waiting to meet me, at the bar, he texted this friend to say, “I think I’m coming home soon. I think I’m being stood up”.

We had planned on meeting at 8:00 pm. When 8:30 rolled around we texted each other to ask if the other was coming. Well, I texted him, but he messaged me on the dating app. And at first we thought we were at different restaurant locations. Lol. But then I saw his cute face lean in as I was sitting at the table, & all was well.

But man, I felt so bad when he told me that he messaged his friend about possibly being stood up (I felt so bad I wanted to reach out and give him a quick hug!). And then it occurred to me that we were both in the same boat, wondering what the heck was going on. Lol.

At the end of the meet, he must’ve said at least a few times, “Thank you for not standing me up”. I think it was a nervous response. We established as soon as we sat down earlier in the evening that neither of us would do that - stand someone up. No way.

He was so friggin’ cute. Ugh...

A real enjoyable evening.
    Last edited by milly007; 02-14-2020 at 01:57 AM.

As I was on my way home from work today, I stopped at a store to buy new sunglasses.

As I was crouching down to pick up a pair, I saw from my peripheral vision a man standing a few feet away. Then I hear, “Excuse me, Miss?”. I thought he was talking to someone else. “Hello?”, he said. I look up and he proceeds to ask how I’m doing. I’m feeling a bit confused, wondering if he’s going to ask me for directions or something. “I’m good. How are you?”, as I stand up. “What are you up to to this afternoon?”, he asks. “Hmmm, just running some errands & heading home soon”. And then he says, “But what about our date. I’m kinda in the mood for some bubble tea”. I say, “We had a date? Why wasn’t I made aware of this?”. He replies, “That’s okay, you must’ve forgotten. I forgive you. So, shall we go?”. I say, “I appreciate the offer, but no thank you”. He then says, “But now I’m heartbroken. How am I going to recover?”. I said, “I have a good feeling you’re going to be just fine”. He then says, “No seriously, my heart”, in a silly way. And as I pick up my glasses to pay, I smile & say, “Are you dramatic?”. He holds up his fingers and says, “a lil bit”.

what is a bubble tea? the one that has those dark blue things in it

Originally Posted by milly007
    As I was on my way home from work today, I stopped at a store to buy new sunglasses.

As I was crouching down to pick up a pair, I saw from my peripheral vision a man standing a few feet away. Then I hear, “Excuse me, Miss?”. I thought he was talking to someone else. “Hello?”, he said. I look up and he proceeds to ask how I’m doing. I’m feeling a bit confused, wondering if he’s going to ask me for directions or something. “I’m good. How are you?”, as I stand up. “What are you up to to this afternoon?”, he asks. “Hmmm, just running some errands & heading home soon”. And then he says, “But what about our date. I’m kinda in the mood for some bubble tea”. I say, “We had a date? Why wasn’t I made aware of this?”. He replies, “That’s okay, you must’ve forgotten. I forgive you. So, shall we go?”. I say, “I appreciate the offer, but no thank you”. He then says, “But now I’m heartbroken. How am I going to recover?”. I said, “I have a good feeling you’re going to be just fine”. He then says, “No seriously, my heart”, in a silly way. And as I pick up my glasses to pay, I smile & say, “Are you dramatic?”. He holds up his fingers and says, “a lil bit”.
    Nice one! That man has moxie!

Platinum Member
    LOL that's funny about the man who flirted with you!

Originally Posted by Spawn
    what is a bubble tea? the one that has those dark blue things in it
    I believe so, Spawn:

[Register to see the link]

I've never had it before.

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Nice one! That man has moxie!
    Seriously! I wonder how often he does this. My take is, probably pretty often. And he didn't even seem nervous. I couldn't do what he did, so kudos to him.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    LOL that's funny about the man who flirted with you!
    It was an interesting and humorous experience, for sure. At one point, he was even trying to help me pick out sunglasses. "You should try these. They make a statement". Lol

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by milly007
    It was an interesting and humorous experience, for sure. At one point, he was even trying to help me pick out sunglasses. "You should try these. They make a statement". Lol
    Yes. I hope you kept your purse/valuables very close to your body. You never know. Sorry to be so cynical just what I've seen occur unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes. I hope you kept your purse/valuables very close to your body. You never know. Sorry to be so cynical just what I've seen occur unfortunately.
    I hear you. I'm cautious about these things. I wear a cross-body bag in a specific way to avoid this. I strap it diagonally across my body with the purse in front.

Mr. Bubble Tea was nowhere near it. Don't worry, Bat! :) But like I said, I hear you.

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice