Are these unwritten rules of dating or is it just my rules?

moneymkt

1. Never text or call a woman on a fri or saturday night unless you are telling her you are on your way to see her

2. Don't send messages to woman on a dating site on a friday or saturday night

Would you agree that it's a bad look for a man to send a message to a woman on a friday or saturday night?

I meant more for the online dating piece, there isn't a rule.

As for someone you know, it depends entirely on the type of relationship you have with that person. Is this someone you know, someone you're seeing casually, someone you just met and went on one date with?

Someone who are trying to get to know that you met online. Other than texting or calling to say you are on your way, I see no reason to contact her on a fri or sat night

Friday and Saturday are just days of the week...Seems like a silly rule to me. Some people also work weekends. I just don't understand your point at all, sorry.

Most women won't respond to a text or call on a fri or sat night because she wants to make it seem like she has a life.

Most women won't respond to a text or call on a fri or sat night because she wants to make it seem like she has a life.

I'm sorry but no, just no. Don't group women into one group, that's a major turn off. And what is this even based off of?!? DECENT people will respectfully respond no matter what day it is.

It depends on the times, current culture, and the person.

In years past (I am old, lol) it was up to the man to contact the woman by Wednesday if they wanted a date for the weekend. Otherwise, the woman felt like a second, or even last choice for the date.

If you called on that night expecting to make plans (and perhaps this has not changed) it was a booty call.

Now, people work all different hours. And there are so many more ways to communicate.

If you are looking for a first date, then calling enough ahead of time is helpful so that your date can fit into her schedule. But as you get to know someone, you might find someone that likes to be spontaneous.

I suppose that if you called someone on the day of, and it is a first date, then a woman might want to say they are busy (or they might BE busy, last minute). It might also make you look a little desperate.

If you feel most comfortable using those as guidelines, then use them. You will likely find women that like those rules, and some that don't. The main thing is finding someone that is compatible with you.

If you read through NorthDallas40's journal, you will find that he is very organized in how he approaches dates with a new person. I think the main thing is to make the other person feel comfortable, special, and to be thoughtful and respectful.

Archived