LDR boyfriend of 2 years made sexual comments to girls he talks to online?

Sparrow1995

Hi there,

My BF (M21) and I (F21) have been together for 2 years. We are in a long distance relationship; he lives in Lebanon and I live in the U.K. We have met each other twice irl, but skype for hours practically every day.

This past summer, I have been working for 8-9+ hours per day as an assistant researcher in a lab (we both go to college). While I was gone, my BF (who doesn't work) started talking to a girl online we can call D. He played World of Warcraft (the same exact game my BF and I met on) with her every day for hours that I was gone, and the two seemed to have gotten quite close, as most of their conversations were very sexual in nature. I found out directly from the girl herself that he constantly made comments such as "get on your knees" and "give lap" to this girl. He constantly helped her with questing, and even gifted her numerous small things in the game (of which he very rarely does with me). On another silly game, my BF built a strip club and started dancing on top of her to signify sexual actions. He also made numerous "jokes" about marriage to this girl by constantly asking her to "marry him."

I came home from work, and started playing WOW with him while we were skyping. The girl was with my BF, and as soon as I ported to him, he fled and closed the game. He merely told me that this girl was annoying him immensely and that he didn't wish to talk to her again. He was silent on the skype call.

I talked to the girl and she mentioned him making sexual comments.

I asked my BF about her; he merely told me that she was a friend and that he always played with her and another guy named Nathan.

I asked this girl; she said she didn't know who Nathan was and that my BF and her played the game completely alone always.

I confronted my boyfriend again after talking to her a few days later.

My boyfriend got defensive and closed Skype.

I found out that he completely lied about this girl --literally about everything for 2 weeks.

I found out that there were 2 other girls he talked to before hand, albeit "only for a day or two."

His excuse was that he wanted to "troll" these girls by making them uncomfortable and seeing how they would react. He told me he was bored and just wanted some fun.

His intentions, according to him, weren't bad, so it can't be considered emotional cheating.

He lied to me about everything and tried his best to keep them hidden from me. I found out; now what do I do?

Would anyone consider this "cheating," seeing that he acted in a highly inappropriate way that he knew I would not be ok with with girls on the game that we met??

Some notes:

I caught him once before talking to a girl on skype completely naked. He said his friend set him up as a joke.

Furthermore, he is a womanizer IRL, and has slept with over 100 women in his lifetime, according to him.

I am really in love with this guy; he means a lot to me, and he does go out of his way to make a lot of time to me.

I would cut your losses and move on.... The distance and lack of physical contact paired with his weird virtual sex fantasies leave little room for much other option. Ohhh and the part where he is a "womanizer" and has more bodies than a morgue. Eeek. Find somebody local. Too many red flags and really nothing to hang in there for....

Hi, I understand you love him, but let me tell you something you already know it's not going to work out I am sorry. If it is just the beginning and you are already getting these red flags get out! I'm telling you from my experience. That womanizer men are the worst kind to deal with. You want to be with someone who doesn't give these red flags not because he hides it will but because he has nothing to hide!

Gross, forget this clown. I agree with DanZee that meeting twice in person in 2 years is not dating. Now you're seeing the inherent risk in such a scenario; it's largely a fantasy for many people, your boyfriend included.

He is nowhere near mature or committed enough to be in a relationship, let alone one that is as long-distance as yours. He gets his rocks off on bizarre online fantasies and nude Skype chats with other girls.

You need to drop him. It doesn't matter if it's technically cheating or not; he is disrespectful and cares more about rubbing one out with randoms on the internet than connecting with you.

Archived