Barely broken up and live together EX BF keeps telling me to be a Stripper

fieldparty

Dated for 7 years, lived together for 5.

I wanted marriage. He wanted everything 100% perfect in order to propose [me skinnier, more athletic and more of a partier], and now finally we are freshly broken up.

Cracks started to form when he would go gambling and then go see one special Stripper.

He is a bad liar and I figured things out after quizzing him over year long period.

For the last 3 months I have had my web business fall into the doldrums. This happens around Summertime, so I know things will pick up in a few weeks.

And since I handed over so much income to him, I don't have a lot saved up to move away for a few more months.

He owns this house, he has a solid 165k a year job.

I am fully entrenched here with a lot of belongings and several pets.

I have no family. All my friends are far afield and simply couldn't take me and my beloved pets in temporarily.

So any suggestions to immediately move wouldn't work here.

My issue is how he won't cut me any slack until my business picks up. Need advice of how to handle his demands that I bring in money stripping.

We have been broken up for about 2 weeks now.

He keeps screeching at me to make money to pay his mortgage. Again, he has no student debt, no credit card debt, just his mortgage.

I take care of my food costs, etc. Plus I was paying for all his food until 2 weeks ago.

So I am just basically existing here until I put up some money to move. And since I only moved to this very overpriced city for him, I will be moving far way.

My bone to pick and what is driving me batty is he keeps snidely asking/telling me to go strip and make money.

What makes it even grosser is that I figured out that he was most probably getting "extras" or going very far after hours with the one dedicated stripper. He would come back to the house smelling of cheap perfume and covered with bits of glitter.

He even threw it in my face when we were breaking up how he loved her tiny petite 100 pound body with firm implants, but hey some guys might go for my big chest and fleshy curves. Lunatic!

So he is fine with his ex gf getting mauled by strange men in order to pay his mortgage. Seriously.

And since I am not a wild female this is even more disturbing.

The weirdo acts very polite and nice 90% of the time but then suddenly tells me I need to pay 1900 dollars a month to him until I move.

He keeps saying I'm overreacting and that he is giving me a practical tip.

How to handle this suggestion/demand? Am I overreacting ? J/K Of course I know I'm not overreacting, I think I just want to see righteous indignation from other people reading this.

No, you are not overreacting but you don't need to let him know that. He only does this to get a rise out of you and it's working.

Don't give him the satisfaction of seeing you get upset over it. You are only rewarding him.

You were both in a relationship together and you'll both have to navigate the ending of it.

I would firmly tell him your terms . . that you need time and consider the subject closed and not debatable.

If he goes off with rude demands . . do not react or respond.

Here's an analogy that helped me: Think of your struggle with him as a tug of war. You are both tugging on opposite ends of the rope to see who wins.

What would happen if you dropped the rope and refused to engage in the struggle? He's fall on his a**

Detach and don't engage him.

Work on a plan to get yourself free of this.

He's basically telling you to get out. Since he owns the house, you were a guest there, and you can tell a guest to get out at any time. And you should get out immediately.

In 7 years, you should have built up some savings. Since you don't, you need to get a job, at least temporarily. You could find your possessions put out on the curb one day. He could even take out a restraining order on you or send you an eviction notice at any time.

You should be reading Craigslist right now looking for a roommate situation. With school about to start soon, there should be plenty of apartments available right now. In a few weeks, it will be a lot tougher. This way, someone else already has gotten a lease and done all the tough work. You'll just have to pay some rent and move in.

Unfortunately, this man owes you nothing, and you have no stake in his house or his life.

Of course you're not over-reacting. This guy is off his rocker suggesting you strip, though I suspect that's mainly to piss you off rather than a sincere job recommendation. I question the character of any grown man who wants their girlfriend to be more athletic and more of "party girl" before he marries her - is the dude 18?

In any case, he has no respect for you, and clearly wants you out. I would not take the bait when he starts in about stripping. But you do need a firm plan of action to get out of his house, and soon. Can you pick up a temp job to at least earn enough to pay a deposit on a new place?

As another posted pointed out, you unfortunately have no stake in his house and he is within his rights to kick you out. I know it feels unfair since you were invested and helped contribute, but in theory, you need to leave. Most compassionate people would at least give you a little time to find a new place and try to co-exist peacefully, but given the history with Mr. I Want A Skinny Partier, you're not going to find compassion there.

May I ask, why did you stay with this guy? He sounds like a t*t-head.

You are broken up. Yes he is being a grade A ahole and also totally passive aggressive with you. He wants you out of his house like yesterday but instead of sitting down with you and working out a realistic move out plan, he is simply goading you to get out by being nasty with you. Unfortunately, you are not in a position to sit there and keep waiting. You don't know how much worse he might get. Find a way to get out even if you have to borrow money to do it. The sooner the better because his crazy behavior is going to affect you and start getting in the way of your business as well.

Archived