Cheating Girlfriend with Next Door Neighbour

sleepflower

OK, so I will explain briefly the story behind my suspicions and then where I'm at in my head a the moment. So My girlfriend of 4 years, have moved into our own house (been there for one year) we have recently had a new next door neighbour move in. One evening we were both supposed to attend a wedding for my Boss. She explained that she didn't want to go so she stayed home. I arrived home early to find that she wasn't at home. She was surprised and told me she was round with the new next door. She came back home drunk at 2am, which is really out of character. The next evening he came round with our other friend, and my girlfriend and him were texting each other in front of us all night. This same event also began to happen every time I was out. She would go round and not tell me she was doing this. I would arrive home unexpected and she would act slightly suspicious. One time she came back and started crying saying she felt out of character. She began to argue a lot with me over various subjects to which I suggested moving back to my moms for a few days to give her space. I arrive back home one morning before work to find the bedsheets in the wash whilst she had left for work. This was very out of character for her. That weekend she went up town with her friend for drinks, when back at home I found a receipt for emergency contraception and the empty box. We hadn't had sex for at least 3 weeks and that was protected. After this I confronted her with my suspicions (not the evidence of contraception) to which she laughed and told me not to be silly, she loves me. After this ordeal she told me to get to know the next doer neighbour more, so I did. He came round for drinks on evening. After a few hours I went upstairs to the computer and when I came down I caught them hugging one another. She told me that I don't trust her as he is going through a rough time with his family, and she was hugging him as a form of endearment. She spent the weekend out of the house (didn't tell me where she was going) and whilst she was out I found a pregnancy test in the bin. This had one thick line and a faint one (which could be the evap line) She has also had two periods since we last had sex. She is constantly texting him and snap chatting him. I just need some advice on what to do next. My current thought is that I don't exactly have enough stick-able evidence to accuse her of cheating, so should I wait it out for more mistakes to appear. Because it seems like she is leaving mistakes and not covering her tracks up very well, so eventually I will probably catch her with more solid evidence if it is going on. As always, there could be other reasons for this behaviour.

I am sorry and I know you are hurt and confused and really don't want to believe she is a cheater.

Time to sit down with her and have a talk face to face. Stay calm and tell her (don't ask her) that you know she has been cheating on you and that you want her to move out as soon as possible. She will deny she is cheating more than likely but stand your ground and insist she needs to go.

The house, where each of you will live and your life after this betrayal can be worked on after she is gone.

I personally know how much this hurts and what you are going through but you can no longer trust her no matter how many tears she sheds or promises she makes that she will never cheat again.

For your own sake talk to her right away.

Lost

This is the first time. Everyone who I've spoken to who knows her says that she isn't like this. But the evidence clearly says that she is.

How about her previous relationships?

In any case, you've got all the proof. And it's up to you. It seems she'd like to string you along until the other guy makes up his mind if he really wants a relationship with her.

She could be in love with him, which is why she's ok with the unprotected sex.

This is her longest relationship, only 26. That does seem like a plausible reason for her to do I guess. I will get there and it will all be resolved at one point, one way or another. It's also good to get peoples opinions on here. I need the wake up call really. I just can't believe it. But each day I'm starting to.

This is her longest relationship, only 26. That does seem like a plausible reason for her to do I guess. I will get there and it will all be resolved at one point, one way or another. It's also good to get peoples opinions on here. I need the wake up call really. I just can't believe it. But each day I'm starting to.

You need more than the wake up call. You also need to prepare to face all the financial/legal issues that could arise with a breakup if you share the house.

Archived