I have posted a few time after going through hell with my bf for 3yrs we broke up a few days ago. He gave me no reasons told me he was over it and that he didnt love me and hasnt for a long time. He was very distant when i asked why he jus dismissed me.

So i thought i had better not make a fool of myself and went on my merry way. Needless to say it feels like i have been crying for three days i have forgotten what food is and when sleep does finally come i dream of him.

Anyway he rang me yesterday on a private number and said that he is sorry and the reason he broke up with me was because he could never marry me anyway (he is muslim and i am christian) and he was making up excuses to make me let go.

This hurt me even more because he dragged me along for so long so i politely excused myself from the conversation and am hoping he doesnt cause any trouble for me. Im finding it so hard after 3yrs of being togther every day to nothing.

I kno i am better off without him, he cheated on me, he called me names and he was abusive. But i got so used to hanging out for any scrap of affection i became more attatched.

How do i stop crying and move on with life and forget about him?

The only thing that is going to make the pain go away is time. Its a slow process but in that time you need to learn from you past mistakes and experiences and apply them to future relationships. Beaware of situations you are getting in so you dont get into another situation like this where you are involved with an abusive person.

I was with my ex for three years too. He cheated on me and that was the end of it. Although now I find myself one year later still thinking about him, still loving him...I now know that we are better off without each other.

I agree with Daywalker in that it will take time for your pain to subside. You will do a lot of soul seraching and my best advice to you is to start a new life. I know it's easier said than done, but slowly you will be reminded of things that you prioritized before hooking up with your ex. Live life for YOU...not him anymore. Concentrate on yourself and improving yourself. Working out at the gym did wonders for me.

Take Care.

How do you get over him? Keep repeating the following over and over to yourself until you can't bear the thought of him anymore:

"I kno i am better off without him, he cheated on me, he called me names and he was abusive. But i got so used to hanging out for any scrap of affection i became more attatched"

Well ya! He was abusive for starters. Get used to the fact that you won't be hurt anymore! As for religious differences, it IS kind of a stark difference, Christian versus Muslim. Especially if one is particularly devout; I know many Christians who refuse to date someone unless they're as devout as they. That could have posed problems down the road, serious ones. All in all, he treated you like crap, and you don't deserve that. Try not to mourn...i know it hurts either way, but you really are better off.

Thankyou to everyone for their posts. I know in my head that i am better off, i did everything for him and treated him better than he ever deserved but in my heart all i want to do is cling to one more moment. But i have been strong and not contacted him. He keeps trying to contact me, ive told him many times to leave me alone but he has a case of the 'i dont want you and dont want anybody else to have you'. Its so hard but im trynig to pull myself together. I know that nobody deserves to be abused let alone me. Time is ultimately my friend.