protection

what type of protection do you use for sex?

At the moment, I got the Depo shot a month ago. After the 3 months is up I'll be getting Implanon, which lasts 3 years. I've never been great with remembering to take the pill so I've gone for something easier and more long term.

When I was with my ex it was just the pill, but with casual partners I always use condoms aswell.

I wish I could just get an IUD, but I get acne and an incredibly high sex drive when I'm not on the pill, which tends to lead to more casual partners. My doctor said "no way".

I find I have to wear a watch with an alarm to remember to take my pill...

its digital-nerd-tastic... but it does the job.

before that I set na alarm on my cellphone... but I dontknow HOW anyone manages to take it without a reminder!!!

but I dontknow HOW anyone manages to take it without a reminder!!!

I used to set an alarm too (7:30 AM !!!), now I just take it in the morning when I wake up, since I wake up at around the same time every day. I think +/- an hour is not so bad ... fingers crossed

Monogamous long term relationship - the copper IUD.

Love it..no hormones...no thinking about it...and have had no bad side effects from it at all. After 10 years on the pill, I think it is the best damn birth control option ever (for me personally!). Of course not for everyone!

I used to set an alarm too (7:30 AM !!!), now I just take it in the morning when I wake up, since I wake up at around the same time every day. I think +/- an hour is not so bad ... fingers crossed

its ok if you are on the combined pill, but if your on the progesterone only, it cant be outide of 3 hours of your normal time.

I almost forgot mine today, even with the alarm... good thing I looked at this thread!

Currently on Depo-Provera, but after being off it for awhile (out of relationship), I am noticing some side effects now that I've taken it again. My sex drive nosedived and I can't get wet anymore. When it wears off, I will be switching to a non-hormonal IUD.

I've reacted REALLY badly to pills in the past (nasty mood swings, perma-bleeding, etc), and with the Depo also showing side effects, I've had enough of hormones!

I also don't trust the effectiveness rates of condoms (86%), and spermicide just seems like a messy mood-killer...

Monogamous long term relationship - the copper IUD.

Love it..no hormones...no thinking about it...and have had no bad side effects from it at all. After 10 years on the pill, I think it is the best damn birth control option ever (for me personally!). Of course not for everyone!

I hear ya lady, I love the little bugger!! Just got my five-year replacement which wasn't much fun, but now it's clear sailing for another 5 years... well, unless we decide we'd like to expand the family before then of course