Tubes tied after pregnancy

muffin cakes

I had been thinking that I might like to, but now I know that I don't want to. My boyfrined doesn't want any more childern. (This will be our 2nd) I know that if I did it I would be really regret it.

I not against using birth control after this one is born for sure. I don't want another baby anytime soon after this one. I guess I feel that I am pretty young to make a prement decision like that when I'm not really sure. (I'll be 27 on my birthday.)

Though tubal ligation is technically "reversible", you should not get it if you think you might need to get it reversed! Since you are still quite young, and not sure whether or not you still want children - it is also possible that you and your boyfriend could part ways, and your new SO and you would want children together - I don't think the ligation would be right for you.

I would recommend waiting until you are sure, and taking a long-term form of birth control until then, such as an implant or copper IUD.

If you're not ready to permanently do something about preventing pregnancy why not go with an IUD or something along those lines. My aunt had her tubes tied, no more children, my mom had hers tied, no more children. It's a permanent form of birth control and the odds of becoming pregnant after are rare. Try something that's effective but not permanent since you're 2nd guessing you really aren't ready to close that part of yourself off entirely.

If you arent sure dont do it! Its your body! There are other methods of birth control to prevent a pregnancy. Tubal ligation should be looked at as a permanant thing. How will you feel in five more years? Who knows. If you hold off on it and decide later that you dont want kids,, it can be done later too...

Lots of women do this and regret it later. I had it done, but then I have three babies. Also I had problems and it wasnt recommended that I have more. I can relate to how you feel though, because I dont think I wanted to have it done either. Im just making peace with the fact that I have three and there will never be another. its hard.

If your boyfriend doesn't want anymore children then he can take his own actions and get a vasectomy.

My thoughts exactly. If he feels very strongly about this and thinks birth control is not enough, then HE can take the next step and get the surgery, but you should not be pressured to have surgery yourself if you do not want to.

BellaDonna

I agree with everyone else.

Tubal Ligation should not be considered reversable-- because it is not always possible due to scarring- so you should consider it permanant.

If your boyfriend is certain that he does not want children he can get his vasectomy, but it isn't for certain that you will be with him always and you may change your mind down the road.... 27 is very young to consider having tubes tied... and unless you already had 8 kids and were certain that financially, physically and emotionally you are just done.... not worth it.

I hesitate to call tubal ligation reversible. (I have a strong medical family background, so hear me out). While tubal ligations CAN be reversed, the scar tissue that forms during surgery can make it impossible for you to conceive ever again. And many surgeons are no longer performing this type of surgery for patients (if they ever did) because it's an incredibly tedious surgery to perform and is not always successful in producing children.

Another thing to consider: you can take birth control until YOU decide that you don't want any more kids. If you're not sure, don't do anything permanent, especially for someone that you're not married to. (sorry, but if a guy wanted me to not have any more kids, he better be in it for the long haul).

I agree with some of the above posters! If he doesn't want children HE should get 'snipped'. The recovery time is much less for him anyway. As far as you getting your tubes tied..it's a pretty big decision so make sure if you do go ahead with it, you've thought long and hard about it and not had any pressure put on you. Good luck.

I

Lots of women do this and regret it later. I had it done, but then I have three babies. Also I had problems and it wasnt recommended that I have more. I can relate to how you feel though, because I dont think I wanted to have it done either. Im just making peace with the fact that I have three and there will never be another. its hard.

I'm confused. Didn't you just give birth to a beautiful baby girl?

Huh. I didn't know you could do it right after. Learn something new every day.

Hey, Hope, I can't watch House without thinking about you now!

LOL.

If she had a c- section they can do a tubal ligation at the same time, a 2-fer-1.

LOL, I'm not that rude to my patients, but sometimes I wish I could be that honest with my feelings!

yes, had a CSection, third one... when he had me open he performed it.

having just had it done this is what he did: Sniped close to an inch out of each tube.......... Used a laser thing on them.......... Tied them........ Then closed me up again....... Sent the tubes off to the lab and Im not sure why they did that (if someone knows fill me in cause I have been wondering and forgot to ask him)

The reason I had to do it, or felt that I had to is that with each CSection the risks to me go higher. There's more scar tissue, and with three of them now I probally couldnt deliver naturally if I tried. Just too thick for that. For each time that the doc goes in there to take a baby out he has to cut through layer upon layer, and even that has its own risks. He said my risk of bleeding too much goes up, and risk that it wont heal correctly.

Okay thats graphic, and its why I had to have myself 'fixed'. There will be no more babies delivered by me. Such is life..... the door has closed on that chapter. I suppose it is okay. I have three beautiful babies... two boys and a girl now...ages spanning 9 years of my life.. I probally couldnt handle more anyway, sometimes things happen for the best =-)