Why does tall guys like short women?

betrayedgirl

I'm 6 feet even.

Ideally, I'd like to date a man who is 6'3"+, but that rarely happens as I hardly MEET 6'3"+ men. And those 6'3" men find I am too tall for their taste. Many I've encountered are attracted to petite women as it makes them feel like the protector, so they say. Short guys(5'6" and below) seem to love me. It makes me feel like such an amazon.

Interesting.. I'm only 5'9", but I often have tall guys tell me they search for women my height and taller. Or they will say "if only I could find a nice tall woman who..."

I have dated guys all the way from 5'7" to 6'5" so I can't comment really XD

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess guys like to be taller than their women? I don't know but it seems to me that it's more attractive to be taller than the girl you're with. seems like it's a "protector" sort of thing.

I'm 5'7'' and so is my boyfriend. I like being the same height as him. I think it makes it easier to kiss.

I'm 5'8''. And a chick. And I want to be the little protected one too! I would need someone at least 6'2'' to get that, and every time I see one, their hip is attached to the head of a girl I could squish with my elbow.

It's depressing.

I see a definite mix. You have to remember most women are short so the odds will be that most guys are dating short girls. Not because that is what is "better".. it is just more average and hence more likely.

I see a definite mix. You have to remember most women are short so the odds will be that most guys are dating short girls. Not because that is what is "better".. it is just more average and hence more likely.

This is true. What I noticed about tall guys is that they actually dont care about height that much. The ones that do have a preference, usually like taller women better. I've never encountered a tall guy that seeks short girls on purpose. It just happens because there are more short girls around.

This is true. What I noticed about tall guys is that they actually dont care about height that much. The ones that do have a preference, usually like taller women better. I've never encountered a tall guy that seeks short girls on purpose. It just happens because there are more short girls around.

And it can be even more unlikely if in your demographic there are very few tall people period.

i'm 5'3" and my boyfriend is 6'5" and we have no problem with kissing or sex, everything goes naturally, at first i thought it owuld be difficult to do some positions or even kiss standing up, but no problem at all, even 69 position works very well, thought that would be difficult as well, but i guess if you love each other height is not important

i'm 5'3" and my boyfriend is 6'5" and we have no problem with kissing or sex, everything goes naturally, at first i thought it owuld be difficult to do some positions or even kiss standing up, but no problem at all, even 69 position works very well, thought that would be difficult as well, but i guess if you love each other height is not important

My ex was fairly taller than me too and we didn't have any problem. It felt awesome for me actually. Tall men rock.

Hah, I don't know that "tall guys" are specifically attracted to "shorter girls", but guys aren't quite as picky about height and if a girl's giving them attention, they'll pursue it no matter if she's short or tall.

It's us short guys that get the shaft, though. I'm, like, 5'2", 5'3", and I can't catch a girl's attention for the life of me. I wouldn't even mind dating a girl taller than myself (nearly every girl I meet is AT LEAST my height, most typically an inch or two taller).

Hah, I don't know that "tall guys" are specifically attracted to "shorter girls", but guys aren't quite as picky about height and if a girl's giving them attention, they'll pursue it no matter if she's short or tall.

It's us short guys that get the shaft, though. I'm, like, 5'2", 5'3", and I can't catch a girl's attention for the life of me. I wouldn't even mind dating a girl taller than myself (nearly every girl I meet is AT LEAST my height, most typically an inch or two taller).

You just have to be confident and play up your strengths. Shooting for the girls who are on the shorter end may help as well.

You just have to be confident and play up your strengths. Shooting for the girls who are on the shorter end may help as well.

Your positive attitude is well-intentioned, but I have to agree with him, being a short guy is one of the worst fates in the dating world. It's akin to being an obese woman, except you can't do anything about it.

Yes, there are a few girls out there who will look past something like that, but they are few and far between.

ok im 5'2 and a half lol.. but sturdy.. i like tall guys because they have that teddy bear thing going, you feel protected... i am generally very self sufficient particulalry for my size lol but im mena lets admit it, its always nice to have someone around who doesnt have to pull out the chair and stand on it , or climb on the counter, to change a dang light bulb... but in the same .. i dated a guy who was about 57 or so,, it was nice too, differnt because i didnt have to stand on tiptoes and crane my neck up to kiss him lol... size may make me look first, but personality always wins over size...

I'm 5'8''. And a chick. And I want to be the little protected one too! I would need someone at least 6'2'' to get that, and every time I see one, their hip is attached to the head of a girl I could squish with my elbow.

It's depressing.

lol lovelace and us 5'2 ones keep seeing those tall guys with girls with legs to THERE ... lol

perception

• 3 months later...

I'm a girl and 5'2". Currently I'm dating a guy who is 6'. He told me that the shortest girl he's ever dated is 5' and the tallest is 5'8". I don't think height is a major factor for him when looking for a potential girlfriend, it just how you connect to the person on many different levels. I do believe in the opposites attract hypothesis since I'm literally short, light skin, and curvy while he is tall, dark, and muscular looking. Even though our height difference is 10", it works out between us because I'm mostly in heels (4"). When I'm wearing flats, I stand up to his shoulders so we don't really look that odd when we're together.

As a matter of fact, I do prefer tall guys for some reasons, probably because I feel safer with them; however, my ex is actually 5'3". I was attracted to him due to his sense of humor and his personality; hence to all the short guys out there, there are ways you can get around the height issues. Although I have to admit that tall guys have a clear advantage when it comes to fashion since anything they put on looks good on them, keep in mind you still need to have a somewhat decent looking body.

I have to disagree that tall girls get more attention when they enter a room, as I believe guys naturally gravitate to hot girls with a pretty face, proportional figure, and an aura of charisma, regardless of her height. I also have to admit that short girls tend to have a wider spectrum of options when it comes to guys and guys do tend to approach them more than they would to a taller girl.

Im 6'. Out of the 5 girls I have kinda dated, 2 were around 4'11, 2 around 5'3, and 1 around 5'6 or so. Yeah.. I like short girls lol. The taller one was a random occurrence. Why? I dunno.. like someone here said, I guess its the feeling of wanting to protect them? Its kinda weird. Picking them up is fun too.

Short women have short stubby legs and in general look kind of miggety. Tall Women have long, gracious legs, well proportioned features and usually look model like if they have attractive faces. Short women, no matter how attractive, never look model like.

Short women: Like a cute little animal or something...

Tall women: Goddess.

Short women have short stubby legs and in general look kind of miggety. Tall Women have long, gracious legs, well proportioned features and usually look model like if they have attractive faces. Short women, no matter how attractive, never look model like.

Short women: Like a cute little animal or something...

Tall women: Goddess.

Nice stereotype lol... Some short women have the same shape as a taller woman, just smaller lol. Kinda like your.... nvm lol j/k.

• 11 months later...

This ones simple. Because a short womans hands are smaller and it makes a taller guys penis seem bigger then it actually is especially since its eye level with her face. also 6 inches can seem big to a shorter woman, so since taller guys have smaller erections it makes them feel better to bang short woman

This ones simple. Because a short womans hands are smaller and it makes a taller guys penis seem bigger then it actually is especially since its eye level with her face. also 6 inches can seem big to a shorter woman, so since taller guys have smaller erections it makes them feel better to bang short woman

Wouldn't that go for every chick with small hands? LOL

Archived