Why does tall guys like short women?

betrayedgirl

Seems kinda weird from my point of view as a guy.

It's like these bigger guys want young girls.

A guy doesn't need to be tall to be dominant.

Yeah guys won't like to admit it but tall guys in a way secretly like that whole young innocence thing. They won't admit it cause a female will be the first to run and tell her friends "ew he's a pedophile" when he isn't. I know this because I have asked quite a few men, maturely.

Yes he does. And tall

men ARE dominant. I can't see a short guy overpowering me in a sexual way. I could kick his butt, so he's has gotta be tall. Short men don't seem dominant in my eyes. What if I can't reach something up the cupboard? My boyfriend can well enough get it for me without any trouble. Makes things easier.

They turn me off and that's just how it is take it or leave it.

Tall men seem like the providers. Again back to the dominant point.

Tall men > Short men... It's just weird I can't date short guys even if I am 5'2, I like em tall. That's most likely why I have turned down some guys in the past... Too short. You may think it doesn't make sense but I am not attracted to short guys there is no point foolin myself and them when it just won't work out.

Tall guys are dominant. More than short guys sorry that's how I think.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah guys won't like to admit it but tall guys in a way secretly like that whole young innocence thing. They won't admit it cause a female will be the first to run and tell her friends "ew he's a pedophile" when he isn't. I know this because I have asked quite a few men, maturely.

They should run, cause that craps creepy.

They probably sit at hope watching Hannah Montana all day.

Tallmen ARE dominant. I can't see a short guy overpowering me in a sexual way.

Why?

I could kick his butt, so he's has gotta be tall.

Keep dreaming.

You think you could beat them up cause their short?

Short men don't seem dominant in my eyes.

They are just as dominant. And that is a fact, not an opinion.

What if I can't reach something up the cupboard? My boyfriend can well enough get it for me without any trouble. Makes things easier.

Chair's and ladders can be used to help that.

Tall men seem like the providers.

They aren't anymore than any other guys are.

It's basically an illusion.

Tall men > Short men... It's just weird I can't date short guys even if I am 5'2, I like em tall. That's most likely why I have turned down some guys in the past... Too short. You may think it doesn't make sense but I am not attracted to short guys there is no point foolin myself and them when it just won't work out.

You may think it, but it's not the truth.

And I just find it weird that short women turn down guys that are still taller than them just to date really tall guys.

They should run, cause that craps creepy.

They probably sit at hope watching Hannah Montana all day.

Why?

Keep dreaming.

You think you could beat them up cause their short?

They are just as dominant. And that is a fact, not an opinion.

Chair's and ladders can be used to help that.

They aren't anymore than any other guys are.

It's basically an illusion.

You may think it, but it's not the truth.

And I just find it weird that short women turn down guys that are still taller than them just to date really tall guys.

You have your opinions, and I have mine.

I really can't help who I am attracted to. It's not short guys. I am sorry if that bruises your ego, I am being brutally honest.

Doesn't mean they watch Hannah Montana.. It's a psychological thing for men to want to be seen and feel like the protector...

I have dated a guy that was short and this was many years ago.

Besides tall guys are at most, attracted to me. Maybe that is why I go for tall men than short guys. I also want my children to be at a good height. When I date someone I think of how it will be long-term.

Bottom line.. Tall men are drop dead sexy.. I can't change that. I can't.

the taller the yummier hahah

I'm not dreaming. Based on my experience short guys seem weak.

This is based on WHAT I HAVE SEEN and the short guys I know. They are weak when it comes to relationships and women. I don't want a weak partner. Shy is something else I can handle it but weak? No.

Another thing, why is it mostly short women who are against short men? I see this often, whereas taller women don't care. I'd date a short guy. In fact I once had a crush on a 5'1 guy. He barely came up to my breast, but he was nice.

I don't know. It's not that I hate them.. I just honestly don't find them very attractive. Lol

Maybe it's the opposites attract point. I know it's weird because I am short myself but I always see myself dating guys very tall.

I like to feel protected. I like to feel warm and cuddled in his arm.

Mostly the protected part.

I like looking up to my man.

What about medium women? I'm 5' 5"! My ex fiance was 6 feet and said I was too short! Then my latest ex (who is aboutt 5'8") said I was too tall (he liked women under 5 feet). For crying out loud. Is 5'5" too tall or short?

5'5" is the average height for women.

Holy thread necro, Batman!

I'm not really tall (6'1") but I do kind of like the shorter ones. They're so cute.

The only rule I have in regards to height is they can't be bigger than me, as that just kind of weirds me out for some reason.

Not necessarily a tall guy thing. Just a guy thing for those that find young / innocent attractive.

And tall men ARE dominant. I can't see a short guy overpowering me in a sexual way. I could kick his butt, so he's has gotta be tall. Short men don't seem dominant in my eyes.

Er, what ?..this argument makes no sense. There are plenty of beta tall guys out there who wouldn't protect you when the moment arrives, or who aren't nearly as dominant as shorter fellows. Their height has absolutely no effect on how courageous they are, or them knowing what they want, and going for it. Dominance is about how you are as a person, not how tall you are. Also, plenty of tall guys are lanky, shorter guys can be as strong, and even stronger. All depends, again.

Tall men seem like the providers. Again back to the dominant point.

Probably stems from your insecurities that you need someone to make you feel better about yourself, and to make you feel like you need that kind of protection. Taller doesn't mean better provider or protector. Its all in your head. How safe you feel has all to do with how a person is. Guarenteed, the right kind of guy will try to protect their girl at all cost, regardless of height.

No.

The only valid point you have given is that it is your preference. That is absolutely fine, if you like tall guys, go get 'em. I have no issues with girls who like tall men, but these points don't make a lot of sense.

Nearly all of my guy friends (and I have had a LOT of them) also tend to have feelings for me as well.. to my dismay. Arguments over who claimed me first has even broken up friendships.

I however am 5'9". This has nothing to do with being short vs. tall.

When I walk into a concert or something like that people stare at me. I think I am more likely to intimidate guys in the way that they think they have less of a chance with me than if I was short. It perhaps takes a little bit more courage to approach not because tall women are more masculine but more "model type" vs. cute type. Completely a stereotype but this is the only benefit I see.. that guys need a bit more confidence to go after me.

It perhaps takes a little bit more courage to approach not because tall women are more masculine but more "model type" vs. cute type. Completely a stereotype but this is the only benefit I see.. that guys need a bit more confidence to go after me.

I'll buy the "cute" vs. "hot" argument, even though they aren't mutually exclusive at all . . . for me anyway. I had pondered that before when I was in my phase of being primarily attracted to short women, and came to the conclusion it was probably a confidence thing.

However, I'm sort of out of that phase now, and I don't think I feel any more confident.

I'll buy the "cute" vs. "hot" argument, even though they aren't mutually exclusive at all . . . for me anyway. I had pondered that before when I was in my phase of being primarily attracted to short women, and came to the conclusion it was probably a confidence thing.

However, I'm sort of out of that phase now, and I don't think I feel any more confident.

I'm not talking about cute vs. hot. I mean model type literally. Models are tall.. when guys see a short girl they don't think "she looks like a model" which is an intimidation factor. They might think.. she is cute.

I also know plenty of guys specifically looking for taller women. Many of them are tall as well but some not. You are going to find people who prefer everything under the sun. I can't speak for everybody but from my experience, being tall has done nothing to stop guys from trying to be with me.

You have your opinions, and I have mine.

I really can't help who I am attracted to. It's not short guys. I am sorry if that bruises your ego, I am being brutally honest.

I know your being honest.

It's the same old, same old.

I want to be protected............by a can of mase and a stun gun......that is better protection.

Maybe that is why I go for tall men than short guys. I also want my children to be at a good height. When I date someone I think of how it will be long-term.

When I hear this, it makes me think that you are worried you'll have inferior children.

Short = bad right?

I'm not dreaming. Based on my experience short guys seem weak.

This is based on WHAT I HAVE SEEN and the short guys I know. They are weak when it comes to relationships and women. I don't want a weak partner. Shy is something else I can handle it but weak? No.

How are they weak?

I know your being honest.

It's the same old, same old.

I want to be protected............by a can of mase and a stun gun......that is better protection.

When I hear this, it makes me think that you are worried you'll have inferior children.

Short = bad right?

How are they weak?

I do think a number of short women have self esteem issues regarding their height which is why they harp on short women being sexier or better in bed. It is like trying to create propagranda to promote themselves.

For example: on girl's night my female friends would wear heels. If I do as well they get jealous and sometimes even angry because I am already tall. Why? Because girls do compete for attention. If I stand out above the crowd it is just natural to notice even if they aren't attracted.

This might be why more short girls are concerned about short guys.

Hah a case of mase and a hand gun. Very funny.

No, I just want children at a good height. Nothing to do with feeling inferior..

I dont think there is anything wrong with being short, if you are a woman. But a man...

Im not sure about that!

Tall guys are what i naturally go for. Even if they aren't physically attractive.. i just have the hots for em.

I understand why men will like short women.However I think tall women have it all. Generally speaking,tall women can be model beautiful while short women cant;tall women usually are more "noticeable";tall women can demonstrate clothes better.... Other things,like being cute or easy to bang whatsoever,hardly have anything to do with height.I have to admit tall women usually cant be "petit" though.LOL but I still wouldnt wannt be 5'3 or something. Of course being ridiculously tall is a bit turn off.

I don't think guys choose a girl over another because one is short one is tall.That sounds absurd.Beautiful is beautiful.No matter tall or short.

No, I just want children at a good height. Nothing to do with feeling inferior..

So your saying going for a tall guy is to have a good height for your children?So that means short isnt a good height.And that's not feeling inferior?

I dont think there is anything wrong with being short, if you are a woman. But a man...

Im not sure about that!

Tall guys are what i naturally go for. Even if they aren't physically attractive.. i just have the hots for em.

So there is something wrong with being a short man?

That is messed up, and i'm not even that short at 5'7.

nothing is wrong with you being short.. you're just not typically what I go for.

Is that a problem?

I look at tall guys first. I just don't find short guys attractive as much as i do with tall guys..

If a tall guy was standing on the train and there was a guy that wasn't so tall i'd go for the tall guy only because it is what i prefer.. have you not heard of preferences?

seriously i think some people live in a rock..

I mean its great if i meet a guy thats short and we have a connection but i am not attracted to them therefore i dont see myself dating them.

They don't have all the things i look and want in a partner. You can come up with all sorts of arguments, you wont change my view.

I'm sorry if my opinion hurts your ego in some way. There are plenty of girls out there that will date you. 5'7 is too short in my opinion. I like tall guys. abnormally tall, the better.

They are generally what I feel as the protector. Anything shorter, not so much. My ex is a perfect example. He is very tall. Maybe i feel this way because my father was pretty tall.. 6'5 and my mother is 5'3..

all her brothers are 6'4 and higher.

Doesn't mean anything... it's PREFERENCE. lol

I understand why men will like short women.However I think tall women have it all. Generally speaking,tall women can be model beautiful while short women cant;tall women usually are more "noticeable";tall women can demonstrate clothes better.... Other things,like being cute or easy to bang whatsoever,hardly have anything to do with height.I have to admit tall women usually cant be "petit" though.LOL but I still wouldnt wannt be 5'3 or something. Of course being ridiculously tall is a bit turn off.

I don't think guys choose a girl over another because one is short one is tall.That sounds absurd.Beautiful is beautiful.No matter tall or short.

I have to disagree. My best friend is 6'0. She dislikes her height. The only good thing she admitted about being 6'0 with a modelesque stature is well..

she can be a model very easily. But when it comes to dating she explained how hard it was. Not only that but it's hard to fit into clothes at certain stores lol.

I think everything looks better on petite women.

As a woman of average height (5'5), I can say that I'm so glad not to be a part of the height wars. My partner is 5'8, but I'd happily go a little taller or a little shorter than that. I have no issues with needing to be protected either I live in a safe neighborhood.

I have to disagree. My best friend is 6'0. She dislikes her height. The only good thing she admitted about being 6'0 with a modelesque stature is well..

she can be a model very easily. But when it comes to dating she explained how hard it was. Not only that but it's hard to fit into clothes at certain stores lol.

I think everything looks better on petite women.

Haha sorry but if everything looked better on women with short legs models would be short.

Your friend is taller than the average guy so that would make things harder. But just because one girl you know is tall and has trouble dating doesn't mean other tall women have trouble. As tall as she is that would be like comparing her dating success to the dating of a woman 4'10". The height might be a factor at those extremes but even then SO MUCH depends on everything else.

My cousin is 6'1" and even in heels guys drool over her. I remember once we went out together both in heels and people were stopping us on the street to just say how fabulous our height was.

I have literally had nine guys "courting" me at once of all different heights (from probably 5'7"-6'5"). So I really don't think height is the big factor.

Archived