Why does tall guys like short women?

betrayedgirl

I'd have to agree with Suzy that the tall women are the real head turners. It's rare that you'll see a petite woman walk into a room and have everyone stop what they're doing and look. It seems to usually be the attractive tall women who get that. Plenty of guys love tall women too. I don't know any who have trouble in the dating department.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to disagree. My best friend is 6'0. She dislikes her height. The only good thing she admitted about being 6'0 with a modelesque stature is well..

she can be a model very easily. But when it comes to dating she explained how hard it was. Not only that but it's hard to fit into clothes at certain stores lol.

I think everything looks better on petite women.

If everything looks better on petit women,designers will know.And models will be petit.I know some tall girls dislike being tall.Just like some short girls wish they were tall.But it doesnt mean short girls are better.And IMO I prefer to be tall.And dont tell me a short girl looking at her legs thinking"Im so happy my legs arent that long..." I dont believe it.lol

And when I see a good looking woman walk into a room, i notice. And it doesn't matter what her height is.

But when you see a bunch of women walking into a room together..probably your eyes lay on the tall,noticeable one.

I'd have to agree with Suzy that the tall women are the real head turners. It's rare that you'll see a petite woman walk into a room and have everyone stop what they're doing and look. It seems to usually be the attractive tall women who get that. Plenty of guys love tall women too. I don't know any who have trouble in the dating department.

I have never seen this. I have yet to see what you just said...

I have seen guys turn around and stop what they are doing with petite woman before...

I have seen guys turn around and stop what they are doing with petite woman before...

Maybe you just don't notice because you are short?

I'm tall so I can vouch this does happen. Even at concerts the guys on the stage tend to look right at me probably in part because I literally "stand out" lol.

But when you see a bunch of women walking into a room together..probably your eyes lay on the tall,noticeable one.

It's usually whoever is the one that I think is the hottest.

She could be of any size, if I think she's hot.

Height doesn't matter, unless she's a midget, or 7 foot tall.

I guess it's your word against mine. All I can say is my tall friends and relatives have always outshone the shorter ones (including myself).

Maybe you just don't notice because you are short?

I'm tall so I can vouch this does happen. Even at concerts the guys on the stage tend to look right at me probably in part because I literally "stand out" lol.

It is easier to pick the taller chicks from that standpoint, since your easier to see when looking down from a stage.

Definitely not. Guys notice the most attractive girl and height typically has little to do with that for us. There are a few guys who like tall girls for their height, but they are in the minority.

Welcome to the club of unmarketablity.

I'm short, and your tall.

Isn't life grand?

No offence to anyone, but I think some of the tall guys that go after shorter/smaller women have some fetish issues.

It's very weird IMO.

Do they really need a tiny woman to make them feel like a man?

I'm 5'7 and I don't need any woman to be a certain size to make me feel like a man.

I agree with this...huge height differences just seem a bit...disturbing. And even though I think its stupid, okay, I can understand why guys usually prefer a girl to be one or two inches shorter, but those major differences in height are a little weird, yes.

I have a friend who is asian and very petite, and she is constantly grossed out how so many men assume she is submissive both because of her height and race. She is far from submissive and can rip your head of 10x worse than any tall person can.

I am 5ft3 (well actually 5ft2,5) and i envy tall women, they are much more proportioned than me. All my clothes need to be tailormade, and i can hardly buy anything from a store. I need steps in my house to reach the highest shelves and i get frequently squashed in crowds during rush hour.

Ideally my guy would be anything between 5ft3 to 6ft. That doesn't mean that i would discard men that are either shorter or taller than that.

Johnny15 mentioned that in Europe shorter men are maybe more accepted, and i think that could be true (look at the french president). I see a lot of couples around me where the men are shorter than the women.

As height is the only thing about your body you can't surgically change, i don't think it is fair to judge someone on it. Most tall guys i know are actually big pushovers, so the idea that a tall man can protect me has become a myth to me.

I have a friend who is asian and very petite, and she is constantly grossed out how so many men assume she is submissive both because of her height and race. She is far from submissive and can rip your head of 10x worse than any tall person can.

May I have her number?

I'm 5'2 and tend to date taller guys. I've dated a few shorter guys, but mostly 6' or above. I think guys think petite girls are cute, they can pick them up and toss them around like nothing if they wanted to, but they also feel like the protector (a natural role). I also think it's the really tall girls and the really petite girls that guys notice most. The average size girls, I would guess, don't get noticed as much. I know that I get noticed quite often when I walk into a room, so it doesn't only happen to tall girls.

I agree with this...huge height differences just seem a bit...disturbing. And even though I think its stupid, okay, I can understand why guys usually prefer a girl to be one or two inches shorter, but those major differences in height are a little weird, yes.

Yep.

It make the females look even smaller.

Maybe they want them because their hands make their junk look bigger?

The Asian fetish is also weird.

Some guys just think that a smaller girl is easier to control.

That or it makes them feel more like a man.

• 2 months later...

I think I get what shes getting at... i mean we short people get picked on alot.. including me even though im skinny .. but anyways she wants her kid to feel good about themselves.. and from experiences I've quit alot of sports just because off my lack of insecurity and i cant help that

I think we might also be breading ourselves into men being taller and women being shorter. Statistically tall men and short women are more likely to bread…

I prefer a woman to be of a similar height to myself. Any shorter than 7 inches less than me would be an issue. A few inches taller, no problem. I like to look my partner in the eyes when we’re standing and holding each other.

Having someone a similar height makes me feel “closer” to her. Although my current partner is 6 inches shorter than me and it’s fine.

I'm the average height of 5'3'' and my boyfriends have been on the short side and on the tall side.

I see advantages in all heights of men as long as they aren't extreme. Men closer to average and a bit shorter than average feels more intimate to me. While men on the taller side feel more protecting, although it's a pain to kiss them sometimes.

I honestly don't care much about height. I've said "I'll never date any taller than my ex" (who was 6 foot) at the time. But, I met a guy who was 6'3'' and it didn't matter because I liked him.

I'm 6 feet even.

Ideally, I'd like to date a man who is 6'3"+, but that rarely happens as I hardly MEET 6'3"+ men. And those 6'3" men find I am too tall for their taste. Many I've encountered are attracted to petite women as it makes them feel like the protector, so they say. Short guys(5'6" and below) seem to love me. It makes me feel like such an amazon.

Archived