THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

I never called her back on day 10 of NC. It was a trap, she was calling about a jacket she left behind that she NEVER wore in the 4 years she had it. I found out because, first she called my best friends wife(they were best friends), then she called my roomate.... * * * was that...well now I am on day 17 NC..... Hard today because I just got a HUGE job that I always thought would make us both happy...(I got a gig doing the voice of one of the main characters in a cartoon) weird how crappy somethings get, all the positives that come out at the same time....

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 3 for me..and GAR im very stable in my consicious mind but my god I hate my sub-consicious!!!. I had a nightmare last night that my SISTER was hiding from me that my ex was cheating on me with some guy shes friends with. However this guy fancies my ex's best friend and was in a relationship. In this nightmare I saw them all over each other in a club or something. Then all of a sudden we were going to Amsterdam, my ex, this guy and a few of her friends. One of her friends was smuggling drugs and my ex was helping her. At the same time she was all over this guy. I think it was basically my worst nightmare to date!!!...But alas ive woke up back into reality.

Day 27 today. It's weird there are days where I feel great and then memories of all the great times creep up on me and I get dperessed. Although, I have not even gotten close to contacting her. I have even abstained to contact her for my personal belongings...but I will inevitably have to get some of my fall/winter clothes back. I was hoping she would just pack and send them to me.

It takes all I can do to keep busy after work. I have a twelve year old who keeps me a little occupied. (Why just a little? Because she's at that age when she has a phone permanently attached to her ear!!) I'm taking it one day at a time. Just when I think I'm better, I'll see something, hear something, etc. and I realize I am not as "better" as I think I am.

I AM the little engine that could. Go me!!

Well, I'm back. Can't write now; I'm at work ... but I wanted to get started on NC ASAP. So I'm here. 'Cause I know it works.

Perhaps it won't be so painful this time around, because I didn't lose myself again. I tried to be optimistic, but I'd say I took very good care of myself, all things considered. But he just doesn't love me back. And that's just the way it is. So this is where I want to be.

-Rosie

So I am on day 27 NC... Kinda wanted to call today... I thought she called a couple days ago, since i got a few calls in a row from a blocked number, so stupidly I blocked mine and called hers back a few hours later... Just hung up after about 5 seconds because it was stupid, I wasn't gonna talk to her if she picked up... She changed her ringer song to a depressing song which made me worry about her a little... Beautiful Disaster by Jon McLaughlin.. Its probebly nothing, but I still get bothered..

Here's my thoughts in another post

It's been 1 month and 2 days now since the breakup...I broke NC once...so it's technically err...*counts on fingers*...3 weeks of NC. I feel...HURT! The sting isn't as bad as it was the day of the breakup but I'm still struggling, still crying and still cursing fate for letting things happen the way it did. I hate this. As much as I still love him, I really hope I can do NC forever.

Its been ten weeks now

I still think of her a quite a bit. Too many fanatasys...what would happen if this happened etc. No contact from my ex at all! But I am meeting new people all the time and life is good! Every day which goes past I feel lonley but I get stronger!

Day 19. I'm seeing my former stepdaughter today. No need to see or contact the ex over this, but just through conversation with the stepdaughter I will find out information about the ex's life. I love spending time with her, but wish I could do it without finding out ANYTHING about the ex.

Also, I always find myself telling the stepdaughter about my life. I don't want to do that as I'm sure she tells the ex what we've talked about. I don't want to know what is happening in the ex's life and I don't want her to know anything about my life either.

Day 2

Can't stop checking her Facebook, which is good in a way, because her new boy is in town and she says she is feeling "confused" on her profile.. Looks like no contact is having an effect already and it's making me feel better.. I don't know how to read into it though, I know its about me, but I don't want any more false hope...

I don't contact her at all, but if she initiates contact I go along with it. She called over to drop some of my stuff off and I asked her what she was doing with her new guy this week, to which she replied "I don't know".. I was going out with some of our mutual friends and she looked a bit upset about staying inside..

If she initiates contact, shall I ask her why she's confused?

Hey there Kat Mommy,

Welcome to the challenge. It is somewhat normal for a man or a woman to fall sleep after sex. Now granted they do it allll the time, one could

take it a bit personal.

I did find an interesting article on the subject that you might find helpful.

link removed

See if this helps!

-SuperDave71

Day 2

Can't stop checking her Facebook, which is good in a way, because her new boy is in town and she says she is feeling "confused" on her profile.. Looks like no contact is having an effect already and it's making me feel better.. I don't know how to read into it though, I know its about me, but I don't want any more false hope...

I don't contact her at all, but if she initiates contact I go along with it. She called over to drop some of my stuff off and I asked her what she was doing with her new guy this week, to which she replied "I don't know".. I was going out with some of our mutual friends and she looked a bit upset about staying inside..

If she initiates contact, shall I ask her why she's confused?

Please read this... I think it will help you.