THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

I just want to add that NC works. It works for healing and can go a long way in getting your ex back.

I NC'ed for a year by the time my ex called back and tried to creep her way back into my life.

I have seen some cases with NC for 2 weeks.. and it works..

Most of all it gives you time to re-evaluate yourself!

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dqueen,

This is probably the most sought after question of all after a breakup besides, how do I get them back.

I wish you the best!!

-SuperDave71

Thank you SuperDave!

Well, wouldn't you know it...my ex contacted me today.

I am continuing NC!!!

well i did nearly 6 weeks.....

It worked.. he came back............................ URRGH!

Day 3......

LOL, are you my twin??? He came back after 6 weeks for me too. I didn't respond to his email and don't intend to.

But I'm wondering now if *I* have to start the NC countdown all over again or if he does.

LOL, are you my twin??? He came back after 6 weeks for me too. I didn't respond to his email and don't intend to.

But I'm wondering now if *I* have to start the NC countdown all over again or if he does.

he does.. you've been strong, and it was his decision to send the email..

Sitting at work and really feel like breaking down again! I want to text him and call him so bad.. am I that weak?... Please everyone...Help me! I need to be strong... If he doesn't want me then there's nothing I can do.. Keep telling myself that I'm better than this... Better than him... but today its just been so hard...

6 weeks and 3 days of NC and still going strong!

Ahahaha I laugh at myself now. I came on here and jumped right into the "Getting Back Together" section and now there's no looking back. I'm happy and satisfied with my life. I don't need a man to make me feel complete, although it would certainly be nice to have one. I shall be continuing NC.

Well here is my quick story he broke up with me because he thinks he loves someone else 9-30....with my last ex i know i did all the wrong things in trying to get him back beg pleaded was really annoying so I decided to try the opposite this time

Oct 1 he came to my house to pick up his stuff hugged me and told me he wasn't trying to ruin my life but that this wasn't fair to me if he was in love with someone else.

So I'm taking this challenge....I will not contact him...the funny thing is I even told myself yesturday to go at least 1 month...then in one month I'd try to extend it if i was still really in love with him like I am right now, and haven't heard from him.

Yesturday 0ct 2 day 1. I didnt text him I actually tried to leave my phone off as much as possible so i couldn't contact him. I didn't my friends made me go out and play poker with them so that I wouldn't be at home dwelling about it. So today Oct 3 day 2...well I'm still really upset, hurt, confused...I let him in I told him I couldn't be hurt again and he promised he wouldn't hurt me blah blah blah...there always is someone else that is better than me in my life its starting to seem like. But something tells me he will be back...or thats what i'm hoping...maybe in 30 days i wont feel the same. If you love something set it free if it comes back its meant to be right?

well today is day 3...it just started for me. I'm in a local riding forum because I have motorcycle and so does he...this morning I was checking up on things local events ect. Well on that forum you can see what everyone is doing...by clicking the whose online button. There were about 5 people on including me and him. I clicked the online button and guess what I see....The ex is checking up on me...viewing what I am doing. WHY???? he isn't talking to me hasn't said a word since he left with his things...so Y? Why does he care what I'm doing what I did?

Ok...I got a text message from him at 3 pm....where did you apply for your new job at? I didnt' respond....4:30 I get another text...Ok can we not just be friends? I will not bother you if not and i understand if you can't I'm sure this is not a good time for you but I need to know and I"m not trying to play any stupid mind games with you either.

I told him when he broke up with me I couldn't be his friend...What does he want???????????????????????? I didn't text him back

I'm new here, but I've been reading all these posts and it helped me to not contact her. It's been 5 weeks and I have my good days and bad days. The first 4 weeks went by fairly good, but this past week I went out on a date and that was a big mistake, I tried to find my ex in this new girl. So this week I cried a lot. Our breakup was not nice, many factors played a role, mostly external, we had our problems but I dont think they were reason enough for breaking up. We were together for a year and a half, she means the world to me. I know I can live without her, I just don't want to and I keep holding on to this tiny hope. I think she got overwhelmed with life and couldn't handle the relationship. I think i didn't explain myself clearly but I'm such a big mess right now.

Tony

day 6 and i feel quite good actually and i am now remembering all the bad things about him that made me unhappy instead of all the mushy nice things he used to say to me

keep up the good work everyone....i think this really could work for us and believe me, 6 days ago i did not think i would be saying that!

make sure you have lots of friends around and lots of distractions to stop your mind wandering back to the ex and remember they are your ex for a very good reason.

there is nothing wrong with being alone as long as your not lonely xxx

Hi, I'm new to this site, nice to get support for what we're all going through. We broke up because he couldn't move forward (engagement, marriage) a little over a week ago, talked 3 times since then, mostly me calling him. We've known each other for 2 years and the 1st year we were on and off again, the last year steady. I was always the one to contact him after we've broken up and we would get back together. This time I told him not to contact me unless he's ready to make the commitment to get married, he's said he loves me but can't let me go or get married.

This is the challenge I need, I don't want to go back to what we had and I want to accept the challenge of NC.

Thanks for your support

Im in the challenge.

Just ended an email conversation with D whom I just stopped dating. He says he didtnt feel enough for me, but I was the one who twice brougt it up and decided on the break up. To save myself from hurting. First time he came back, but soon started to show disinterest again. This time I didnt try to convince him. Instead Ive said that I dont regret leaving him, I would not have been happy with him that way, all though I really really liked him. Ive sent a couple of letters now telling how how fantastic he his, but Im convinced we must not date anymore. He is all along saying it would be terrible loosing me as a friend, and I agreed. Until now, I sent him an email, saying (translation):

"thanks, I appreciate knowing more about how you think and reason about this. You dont have to excuse your self for not feeling enough for me. All though it is sad and hurtful, I am convinced we are both better off now, free to seize all the opportunities that are out there for us.

When it comes to friendship it is another kind of commitment, but still an investment in a relation and a person. I am sorry to say I dont want ta make that investment in you right now. Thank you so much for all the happy and lovely moments and memories, I will allways remember them. You are a fantastic person. Love/Flying"

Now Ive erased his numbers on my cellphone. Msn et c. Ive also redirected his emails to another email address, so I wont see them ( if he would write)

Why am I doing this? Im in love with him. Hes not in love with me. I need to save myself. Off course I am also stupid enough to hope for him to come back. But realistically that would be stupid.

Well. So Im in the challenge. a month from now.