How important is sex to you

Oh my gosh!!! This story shock the Heck out of me.This story is very seriuos and sad.How important is sex to you?

Woman died of allergy on sperm

Actually, they both, the woman and her husband knew about the allergy on some substances contained in the husband’s sperm, though they often neglected using condom. According to the doctors, they did their best to rescue the patient’s life, though without success. Allergy on sperm is very seldom, though it causes serious troubles. The troubles of the couple started a year ago, just after they married. The woman suffered from asthma and felt badly after sex, though sexual appealing turned out to be more powerful than her illness.

link removed

Is this just a case of being over-horny or just that they cared so much for each other that they shared the risk.

They are some couple (gay and straight) where only one of the people is HIV positive while the other isn't. Yet they still have sex knowing that the condom "could" break at any time.

I have heard of alergies to sperm but never death from it. And the allergy would be only to "HIS" particular chemistry and not all sperm. eeeeek!!

I've also heard of womens body rejecting particular sperm, meaning.... they can't get pregnant from "that" particular guy....but anyone else can impregnate them. Part of natures "natural selection" process.

I think it would be heart-breaking. Talk about a shot to the ego... eeeek!!!

Well sex is important, but, I would at the same time consider my partner's life, my life and our life together even more so and would use a condom knowing that it would at least help to REDUCE the risks of death from it! I would not abstain from it, but I sure would not neglect to take appropriate measures.

that link is suspect to me. if i see it written up in a medical journal, I'd be more likely to believe it.

A quick search on pubmed (keywords: anaphylaxis semen) gives 25 results.

How's this for a recommendation though:

JAMA. 1984 May 25;251(20)

Successful long-term immunotherapy for human seminal plasma anaphylaxis.

"Anaphylactic sensitivity to her husband's seminal fluid occurred in a 46-year-old woman ... the patient was immunized to fraction 3 in a classic desensitization protocol...

Regular and frequent sexual activity is required to maintain her tolerant state."

hahaha brilliant