Girlfriend wants to get pregnant!

glegend

Right now, it sounds like you are WAY more interested in your truck than a kid. And you know what? That's fine! I think it's very cute. I think YOU are cute in that one of your longest posts has been about all the great things you did to your truck. I think it's very appropriate that, as a 17-year-old, that is the one sentence in my post you chose to respond to. I love trucks too. Just don't make a baby. What will you do if the baby pukes in your truck?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. And although I know your parents got by on only a small income, you probably have no idea how hard it was for them.

To tell you the truth back then when I was a baby or even when I was 7 and my sister was a baby, it was easier for my parents to start a family as opposed to now. How you may ask, the answer is simple they had more dispossable income. My mom worked so did my dad, only difference is that my dad had an accounting job and he would do side jobs after work and weekends every now and then to make a some extra ca$h (which there is nothing wrong with that, is there?)

Right now, it sounds like you are WAY more interested in your truck than a kid.

Well my truck is like my "baby". It was left to me by my grandfather so it has its own sentimental value to me. So thats why Im interested in it so much besides my girlfriend. Cause its the only thing I have to remember him by.

Your 17..

This debate has gone on long enough.

Obviously you are going to do what you want to do and you have it all figured out.

Is there anything more we can help you with?

Well I guess I got everything figured out now. So atm there is nothing more you can help me out with. Thanks alot for the help everyone, who contributed there time with this thread. Well actually there is one more question does anyone what I am going to do?

Well I guess I got everything figured out now. So atm there is nothing more you can help me out with. Thanks alot for the help everyone, who contributed there time with this thread. Well actually there is one more question does anyone what I am going to do?

Yes- what are you going to do?

Just gonna marry my girl, do that automotive apprenticeship (im going to quit Best Buy) and then after she is out of college then start a family

That sounds like a great plan. Stay in touch with us and let us know how you are doing. Good luck with everything.

Just gonna marry my girl, do that automotive apprenticeship (im going to quit Best Buy) and then after she is out of college then start a family.

glegend,

I am very glad to hear this. I think you have weighed your options carefully and come up with a plan that is best for both you and your gf. I really believe you will be most happy with this plan.

Have you talked to your gf about it? What does she say?

Have you talked to your gf about it? What does she say?

Ohh yeah I spoke to my girlfriend about this. So we went for a long drive, and I just asked her to marry me. I told her I love her to death I want to be with her, and start a family but lets take it step by step and do things the right way. She was just shocked, like she couldnt speak but yeah so she agrees with me and see it that we can start a family after college and my apprenticeship.

Thank You Thank You. Its not really official, I havn't given her a ring yet Ive only asked her an she accepted

congrats!

and IMO, an engagment is real when you ask a person to marry you and they say yes. a ring is just a piece of metal and stone. it is a material thing. the whole "engagement ring" is just something that jewlers say to stay in business.

Sorry for taking a while to respond my appoloies. To tell you the truth I think she will be fine for at least a few months. Im kind of worried because in 2 Saturdays my family is invited to one of my moms uncles surprise 65th birthday party, my girlfriend is coming with me, but all my little cousins that are aged from 1-5 are going to be there so Im kind of worried she may start up again.

Sorry for taking a while to respond my appoloies. To tell you the truth I think she will be fine for at least a few months. Im kind of worried because in 2 Saturdays my family is invited to one of my moms uncles surprise 65th birthday party, my girlfriend is coming with me, but all my little cousins that are aged from 1-5 are going to be there so Im kind of worried she may start up again.

She may,

And if she does, remind her what you've already talked about. Another thing you can do is suggest she volunteer at a day care or post ads to babysit so that she can get in some time with kids and enjoy herself, but not have to take on the role of parent.

You are thinking on the right path, glegend. Don't let your gf sway that logical thinking- you know what is best for you both in this situation, and she's just thinking on a whim and on her teenage hormones.

She may,

And if she does, remind her what you've already talked about. Another thing you can do is suggest she volunteer at a day care or post ads to babysit so that she can get in some time with kids and enjoy herself, but not have to take on the role of parent.

You are thinking on the right path, glegend. Don't let your gf sway that logical thinking- you know what is best for you both in this situation, and she's just thinking on a whim and on her teenage hormones.

She might but like you said just remind her what we've already talked about. Maybe it would be a good idea to get her to volunteer at a daycare centere or even babysit. As for being on the right path, well I need to be right cause I dont want to really do anything that can basically * * * * up my future. My apologies for swearing.