34 and feel like i'm too old.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ginger...you would, she's built for belly dancing!

Orlander, the shooting has finished and they are shopping it right now. Jack Seehan and George Knapp are doing the project, it's working title is Inside True Vegas. Anyone who lives in Vegas should know Jack and George. It features many of the true untold stories of Vegas.

As for the 23 year old, I dated after my divorce a variety of women some older and some younger basically from 25-47 and I enjoyed the company of all of them. Never let age keep you from giving it a try, you just never know where that spark may come from!

Good Luck,

RC

It's just that in the online world people feel free to say rude things from a position of anonymity and invulnerability. That's all it is.

And there you go. This really hits the nail on the head for your particular situation, Orlander. A friend of mine - she's about 30 - sent a "friends request" to someone who had listed some bands in their profile she also liked. I guess she either didn't note the guy's age either, or he didn't have it up, but she got the rudest reply you could ever get back. This person said she was a pervy old lady for trying to be friends with a 14 year old boy, lol, and then he also called her a "PETA-loving" C-word because she had animal rights listed in her interests.

She was completely shocked to receive such a response, and I imagine that's how you're feeling, too.

I know how you feel. I look really young too, and I am often afraid to admit my age to people. Because I will inevitably get the, "I didn't know you were old!" and then everyone will blab about my age and wonder why I am not old and decrepit.

The girl you sent the note to is a moron. She needs to learn basic arithmetic. You would have been an eleven year old father!

I personally want nothing to do with link removed. The way people talk about it is the equivalent of being back in Highschool. I'll pass!

yea i would have had to write the little * * * * back and said...wow must have been tough on your dad raisin a kid at 11...then i would have added...btw thanks for showin me how stupid lil young girls can be...lol

im 25 and it wouldnt bother me if an older guy hit on me, she should have been thrilled...what a brat.

dont let it get to ya. be glad you look so young. i can tell you got a young spirit too! lucky you! im 25 and feel old as hell!

btw 34 is not old...i dont even consider 50 old!

This person said she was a pervy old lady for trying to be friends with a 14 year old boy, lol, and then he also called her a "PETA-loving" C-word because she had animal rights listed in her interests.

I'm sure his parents would be so proud of their little darling.

• 3 weeks later...

You cannot possibly be 34 and feel old, because then that would mean that I have to be 34 and feel old. Can we help it if we look very young and hot? (I won't add "for our ages" after that).

Seriously, it really doesn't matter how old you are. I have learned this first-hand. My brother is 39 and dates a 54-year-old woman. Pretty much every single friend I have is dating someone ten years out of their age range. Just keep believing that you will meet someone, and go about your life, and things will happen for you. I will keep telling myself that if you promise to tell yourself that, also. Okay? We have a deal then!

Maybe you should tell that girl that you're going to give her a right good whoopin', just as soon as you put on your trousers and learn to work that new-fangled automobile. Because in your day, when a girl disrespected her elders, she got tarred and feathered within an inch of her life! Damn whippersnappers.

Hey O,

I know how you feel, Im 36, so the 23 yo you messaged would have told me i could be friends with her grandfather..lol! I have the salt and pepper look.

I meet too many women who are divorced with kids, or single (never married) with kids. I did this once already, and i am not willing to do it again. Please no offense to single mothers.

So i can identify with how you are feeling. But don't let it get you down, obviously she is immature for saying that.

I like Friscos theory. But i haven't come up with a solution to the flaw he mentioned.

Brando in the same boat as you except I am 39 and told I look 29...

I too meet alot of divorced or single w/kids and I have gone that route and

am also done with it...

ALot of times when I meet soemone and they are younger say 25 and they think I am late 20's or early 30's they have no problem.

When they ask and I tell them 39 the interest goes down...It sucks but what can you do...Short of moving to Europe or S. America where the women think

much different and love to be with an older guy, here they treat it like it is a bad thing...

I do not look at age of a person as how compatable you two are but most of them do...

Unless her father was eleven when she was born, I'd say the girl is quite dumb and someone you wouldn't want to waste your time with.

34 is not too old. 34 is not old PERIOD. You seem like a very attractive and good guy who has maybe just had a tough break. Someone like you will definitely find someone. No worries.

Your not old at all. I am going to be 35 In August and most people I meet think I am anywhere between 23-28 in that age group.When I say I am 34 going on 35 people almost look in shock..haha,I actually have not received the your as old as my mother/father bit yet but I am sure it will happen eventually.I think that was sort of rude of that 23 year old but I don't think she knew she was being rude.I have friends from age 24-47 and I like that. Take heart if she never knew your age,she would think your in her age group so cheer up.Your only as old as people think that you are .No really your as old as you feel and if you give off an impression of being young at heart (btw ..not imature.there is a difference) you have that youthful way about you.,I am usually truhful about my age.I am also on myspace and I list my real age there.

I'm 22 and I wouldn't go out with a 26 year old because she was 26. True story. 34-23 is too much of a gap man.. seriously. BUT if i were you ... omg don't let one knock back phase you. Hell when i'm 34.. and i can see an opportunity to shag a 23 year old i'll friggin well take any chance i can get.

GO FOR IT MATE.

who cares what a snotty little brat says, ITS AN AWESME SCENARIO.

Mind you... if a 34 year old was trying to take away some girl i wanted, i'd pray for his death each morning.

I'm 22 and I wouldn't go out with a 26 year old because she was 26. True story. 34-23 is too much of a gap man.. seriously. BUT if i were you ... omg don't let one knock back phase you. Hell when i'm 34.. and i can see an opportunity to shag a 23 year old i'll friggin well take any chance i can get.

GO FOR IT MATE.

who cares what a snotty little brat says, ITS AN AWESME SCENARIO.

Mind you... if a 34 year old was trying to take away some girl i wanted, i'd pray for his death each morning.

wow. harsh!

a 23 year old college student and a 34 year old real estate lawyer, yes, they probably live in 2 different worlds, thereforeeee, there would be a big gap.

However, a 23 year old and a 34 year old that work in a similar field, or even in the same office, they have a lot in common, and they would probably be a good match.

And to wish a guy death just because he has a crush on a girl you have a crush on??? don't you think that's a tad extreme.....?

Yeah, just a bit extreme Annie.

Well, I haven't really thought about that email though it has prompted me to give up on online dating for the time being. Just not into it.

However, this weekend is my third date with a 25 year old woman I met recently. I had seen her many times before and always thought she was way too young (around 17 years old), but I started talking to her, just to chat and found out that she is incredibly intelligent and is about to go to law school.

I doubt anything will come out of this, but she is fun to talk to and I really dont notice the age difference at all.

The whole age difference thing just hasnt bothered me at all lately.

Orlander

Good on you, Orlander. Enjoy your date.

And no, don't let the age differences bother you. Sometimes, sometimes, age is just a number and nothing more.

I could very easily have fallen last year head over heels with a man 15 years my senior. I was 34, he was 49.

And even years ago, when I very first met him, and I was 29 and he was 44, I was nuts over him.

But right now, I am involved with a 45 year old, and I am 35. Doesn't seem like much, I don't guess -- but don't give up on the idea of finding that special someone. My Canadian never thought he would find anyone either. He didn't find me until he was 44.

my last couple of relationships (before the awesome relationship i have now) were age gap relationships (one i was 19-21 and he was 30-34, the other i was 21-24 and he was 35-38) and i have to say that in both of the relationships it was personality differences more than age that was the downfall.

although in my last relationship he broke up with me because he thought i was missing out on chances to do things that people my own age were doing. for example, he didn't like to do much, just sit around and watch t.v. and focus on his business but i liked to go out and see bands play and drink and go hiking and stuff.

i think it's stupid to write someone off purely for age-related reasons, but it does pose a greater challenge to make it work -- i was often bored with his fixedness and lack of energy, and he was often bored with my naive outlook on life. it takes a lot of work, but it is possible, i think -- even at a difference greater than eleven years.

I agree with MBA1 on this one.

I think people with age differences that are over 30 are in a different class than those in their teens and 20s. As one might insist they are mature and worldly in their early 20s, they haven't gained life experiences--That only comes with time. How many of us that are 30 and above can say we knew as much then as we know now? Your prime years for growth are between 20 and 30.

I hate to say this, but most of the time when an older guy is looking at someone in their early 20s or younger, he wants someone kinda naive and not completely his equal. And maybe those in their 30s and above that are still looking at younger partners may not be ready to let go of their "party" days. I mean, you have to admit that being in your 20s held a lot less responsibilities than your 30s. And it's definitely not fair to rob someone in their 20s of that experience.

Myspace is kinda known to be a dating/meeting place for younger people.

So, I wouldn't take offense to her comment because you aren't over the hill and you are attractive!

I'm back in college for post-graduate work, and there are a lot of younger students in my classes. I get comments all the time around school such as "Are you a teacher?" and "Are you taking these courses for fun?" Sometimes it annoys me, but I realize that maybe they haven't learned much about life yet! They will learn!!

• 1 month later...

I'm 40 and I had a lot of positive attention from on line dating (was active for about a year or so and a few months here and there during a 4 year period in my mid-late 30s) - most of the men I dated were right around my age but I dated one man who was 4 years younger and a few who were a few years older. There were hundreds of men to choose from in my age group. Myspace is probably not the appropriate place for you because that seems very young (my teenage nieces are on it, etc).

ohhh i feel better so thanks for the intial post i am in my early 30's and felt like i was the last one alive to find someone or would find someone ever - i feel old but look around 25 i guess but i want to date someone closer to my age maybe up to 35 for me - all this makes me feel a bit better maybe i am not so old hey?

I too resigned myself to a life on my own but now i will see what i can do. Fingers crosed