Where do you cut???(a poll)

Moon Goddess

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to cut the bottom of my right leg, above the ankle. Then I found out my parents were taking me on holiday 6 months later so I had to stop and wait for the scars to fade.

The top of my right thigh and recently under my watch on my right wrist.

I wish I could do it more but the risk of someone finding out is too great.

i used to cut. i did it because i thought it was the only way i could express myself. now that i have come here and talked to people i have found SO many alternitives.

going for a walk, riding my horse, playing with the dogs, calling up my friends, and singing is also a GREAT way to express yourself.

im in a band and it helps a lot because we all right songs together so it gives you a chance to express what you are going through in life. that is what life is about, finding something your good at and using it to help you through hard stuff. i thought cutting was the answer to everything but what happens when you have kids and they ask you what those scars are from?

The last time I cut was really deeper than I wanted to cut and I was kind of freaking out at all the blood that was coming out...I haven't cut since then and don't want to anymore! I am so sick of all the weird mean nasty looks I get from people that see my scars on my wrists. I did it before to sort of "escape from reality" for a moment in time and I always got this intense adrenaline rush from cutting.

To answer the question, I have cut on my lower part of my calfs. I remember one day back when I was about 15 or 16, I broke a picture frame for the sharp pieces of glass and took the longest sharpest piece I could find, I was extremely upset and mad at myself and wanted to die at that moment in time, so I took that piece of glass and stabbed the sharp end into the lower part of my calf, over and over and cut and scraped the crap out of my leg until it was all covered in blood and I had an intense adrenaline rush, then came to reality at what I did and started crying after I got my anger out at myself. Im lucky I didn't scar from that incident. But I have 2 scars on my right wrist and 5 scars on my left wrist/lower inner arm. 3 of them are purple scars that are highly visible because I did those in January of 2006. The others are white but still easily visible and those are at least 3 years old. I tried attempting suicide by slicing along the blue veins on both of my wrists, and believe me that didn't work at all....so don't try that!! Im looking at my scars right now and if I could change what I did, I wouldn't of cut my wrists! I hate wearing t-shirts now in public where people can see my wrists. I have had these scars for at least 3 years, probably more like 5 years and they are about 2 inch long straight white scars on my wrists that people clearly can tell they are from cutting yourself. Most people automatically assume you still have serious mental problems because you have cutting scars and give you unneeded nasty, mean and/or weird looks. My deeper purple scars are shiny and are easily seen because they are dark and I am white as a ghost! It has been 5 or 6 months now and the smaller deep scars are finally slowly turning white. It just really sucks that I have to live with these physical scars all of my life now. I will always be reminded what I went through as a teenager. I want to leave it all behind, but it's hard whenver you look down at yourself and are instantly reminded of where your scars came from and everything related to that hard time in your life. SO PLEASE PEOPLE STOP CUTTING AND IF YOU HAVENT STARTED, PLEASE DON'T EVER START! IT'S NOT WORTH IT IN ANY WAY! Go exhaust yourself by exercising, swimming, biking, running, hiking, pushups, situps, weight lifting........something that won't leave scars but will still give you that "adrenaline rush." Back when I used to cut myself in my teens, I didn't care about scarring at the time because I was planning on killing myself soon anyways and I thought i wouldn't be around long enough to care about the scars. Well here I am 5 years later, ALIVE! I have realized everyone is here on this earth for a purpose and I think I have found my purpose...to help animals! I wish everyone well in quitting their cutting habits.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I wish everyone luck in getting over cutting I know it's not easy and I don't think you ever fully recover.

Shakai- I know how you feel I have trouble hiding my cuts as well and I'm always in fear of someone finding them that I end up wearing jeans most of the time even if it's really hot. it's just that until they scar they are very visible and once they do scar it's not that easy to hide anyway. So I guess my tipical wear is jeans.

Of course self harm should never ever be encouraged and of course we dont want people to start but for me this thread is more about coming to terms with what you do. And at least this way people can realise they are not alone. I also had been a cutter for almost 3 years but this kinda helped me... And its obvious that other people aren't against it so much as theyre are now 7 pages to it... What you saay blured is correct but i feel this thread does more good then harm

Of course self harm should never ever be encouraged and of course we dont want people to start but for me this thread is more about coming to terms with what you do. And at least this way people can realise they are not alone. I also had been a cutter for almost 3 years but this kinda helped me... And its obvious that other people aren't against it so much as theyre are now 7 pages to it... What you saay blured is correct but i feel this thread does more good then harm

Basically this forum may help people, but it also may make people mad that it's here. If you like it, post in it, if you don't, then don't post or read it. Everyone probably has their own unique opinion of it.

I am of the thinking that to be open with your problem is the first step to recovery, especially when you can talk to other's about it.

I've always wondered if there's other's out there like me and if so is there a regular pattern to when, where and how.

Of course it shouldn't be seen as encouragement, but then anyone encouraged to cut has deeper problems.

So many people selfharm, so many people have been killing themself, this is just so sad. What is this world coming into? i dont blame people for the way the are i blame this world, this world is just so messed up and alot of people in this world just dont care about alot of other people but themself, im not saying people dont care here, im just saying alot of people in this world dont. for all the people that dont understand why people selfharm, well open you eyes can you blame them look at this world. For all you people who do selfharm i do know what its like to do it but i know i dont know how you feel but get help and stop asap please.

i read this again today and well i cried just seeing all these people in tis world that selfharm, that have depression, and that think thats theres no easy way out but for them to kill themsself. dont kill yourself let death come to you, everyone has a right to live and a right to be happy. so everyone who wants to die or selfharm stop and please just hold on you only live once, just make the most of it.

Love yous all

Kita

• 2 weeks later...
I cut myself twice cos my ex girlfriend smoked after she promised me she would quit.(I have a major problem with g/f's who smoke). I sliced my wrist with a breadknife to make her feel the same as I did when I see her with cigsticks. (she absuses her body so I abuse mine).

I felt good doing it cos seeing her cringe on webcam as the blood came out and seeing her break down in tears when she knew she drove me to do that was exactly the reaction I wanted. I made her suffer and then dumped her foor good measure.

*applause*

• 3 months later...

Archived