Where do you cut???(a poll)

Moon Goddess

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I started, I cut my wrists. Now, I cut my all along my shins, upper thighs and upper shoulders. The reason I cut my upper shoulders and thighs is so that people don't see those cuts. I recently started cutting my shins, and when I started, I went crazy and cut them all up. When I wore knee knockers, I told everyone I cut myself on briars. It worked for the most part. I now know I have to be careful how much I cut, otherwise it'll look suspiscious, and I've already been busted for cutting once.

When I used to cut I would do my wrists and arm area... though since I rarely did it I would try to use the same area on my wrist so I would only have one scar.

My friend has scars all up and down her arms and legs and I did not want to be like it. It is SO noticeable.

My husband has helped me quit... though I did do it once a couple of months ago even though i had his support.

• 9 months later...

I think everyone has something in common... we are all trying to hide the scars... In my case my scars aren't very noticeable except for my ankles. I haven't cut for almost 3 months now and little by little I am getting over the urges to. I "stopped" a year ago cuz my bff made me promise but I broke that promise late october and the guilt I felt just crushed me inside and now I TRY to keep it as much as possible but I've learned that the less I cut the less I need it. So in the I think it was good.

• 1 month later...

i used to cut my legs, my calf area. when i was 15. I liked making them all parallel and varying lengths, so really it just looked like art instead of manic mutilation. I made 32 cuts on my left leg, each cut about 1/4 inch apart. i thought it was beautiful. I made one or two long cuts on my upper thigh by my hip. I didnt like those as much because the skin and flesh was softer and harder to dig into..

in any event my brother saw a few cuts on my ankle area and told me if i ever did it again he would tell dad. Well, that was the end of my cutting days. I love my brother.

And now i sleep instead of cut.

i used to cut my legs, my calf area. when i was 15. I liked making them all parallel and varying lengths, so really it just looked like art instead of manic mutilation. I made 32 cuts on my left leg, each cut about 1/4 inch apart. i thought it was beautiful. I made one or two long cuts on my upper thigh by my hip. I didnt like those as much because the skin and flesh was softer and harder to dig into..

in any event my brother saw a few cuts on my ankle area and told me if i ever did it again he would tell dad. Well, that was the end of my cutting days. I love my brother.

And now i sleep instead of cut.

Thats great equastriandynamo!

Was the cutting for emotional reasons?

Well done for overcoming it!

Yeah, seriously well done for beating it!

Did u miss it at first? Was it hard to stop? Do you ever slip-up?

girl friend x

no, my dad was a very scary man, i wouldnt risk crossing him. he found my little suicide poems earlier that year i think and confronted me in a 'not so nice, i dont give a crap what you feel dont let me catch you again' manner... so then i stopped doing the poems and started cutting. well then my brother threatened to expose me.. so no.. it was not hard to stop when faced with the threat of him telling dad.

i think last year i thought about doing a little cut, just for the hell of it.. but i dont really have the desire to. i find it pretty pointless now.

yes i am a horsey person

I dont think what my dad did was 'help' the problem wasnt solved if anything it got worse.. its just the outlet then changed.

Now i sleep my problems away. Or i just shut down and not talk for a few days.. and i picked up a bit of 'not eating' in the past 6 months... but i don't know. maybe nothing replaced it? thats a scary thought.

Maybe i am just harboring depression now.. wait.. wait no...

maybe thats where my detachment comes from...

like i used to cut to deal with emotional pain, now i just separate myself from it.

thats an idea. who knows really..

Why not talk about them though? Or keep a journal or something. I don't like 2 think of someone as nice of you hiding so much of yourself from other people.

Besides, if you try to repress/detach yourself from emotional pain, it is still there, bubbling below the surface... looking for a way out... it just mounts up.

girl friend

Archived