So I was going through some of my old boxes and came accross this poem that I wrote when I was in high school (LOL, I am almost 27 now) and I thought I would share...it made me crack up remembering back...I went through a phase where I wrote poetry all the time about my heartbreaks! Well, enjoy:

"Ode to all Girls Who've Ever Been Played"

This is an ode to all girls who've been used--

Been played, taken advantage of, had feelings abused,

You're not alone, you're not the only one

There's a lot of guys out there who just wanted some fun.

You trust them and then give your heart away...

It makes it so hard to see you've been played.

The first time you saw him, a ten he did rate,

And it made your day better when he asked for a date!

He said, "How about tonight, I'll see you at seven."

And for the rest of the day you were floating in heaven.

Sure enough he came, and you felt it was fate

It was seven o'clock, he wasn't even late.

He shook hands with your dad, complimented your mother,

Then he pet the dog and joked around with your brother.

What a night it was! You wined and you dined--

The evening was so perfect you went out of your mind!

Then he dropped you off and gave you a kiss...

He left your heart in eternal bliss.

The next couple of nights, you went out again--

He made your attitude much better towards men.

He got a little action when you gave in -

And it didn't really seem like that big of a sin.

It seemed so perfect: how you two fitted

And so you figured that you were committed.

But obviously he didn't think the same --

The calls that once rang, now never came.

And then he finally stopped talking to you,

He made you confused, depressed, and blue.

And then the day came that you finally found out

What exactly it was all about -

It wasn't really you that he cared for,

Not as much as his desire to "score"

So with you he had his little fling

Now you'll move on and do your thing.

But you won't forget the pain and the hurt

That can be caused by such a flirt.

It's not fair, I think you'll agree --

That it's never fun to be the playee.

lol. Been there, done that.. I can relate. lol. I had this one guy in mind when i read that. This guy Matt i met in the mall when i was like 17 or 18. He was absoultly gorgeous. He was tall, rich, a little older, and wow, gorgeous. haha. He took me out, he knew all the bar owners so i got away without ID. he was so classy and upscale.. he even danced with me to Rat Pack.. which was amazing. Any ways, a few dates pass.. he complimented my mother as well.. and joked with my brother. (My father refused to look at any guy i was talking to in fear that he would kill him) Then one day i gave in, and next thing i know, he's accusing me of telling his friends he was bad in bed. lol. I never even knew his friends, so i knew he wanted outl. I was heartbroken for like 2 weeks.. Oh that is so funny.

Your poem covers an interesting subject, and I was very impressed that you made it rhyme so well!!!!!!

Remember that most guys aren't players though. Most seek a long term relationship. It's just a few guys who go from girl to girl to girl, screwing them all up. Remember that players are the minority, but stayers are the majority. Humans are a dimorphic species, where a few guys get to sleep with the majority of the girls.

Thats why there are such strong morals about not having sex until you are married. Its not so much a moral thing as it is a practical thing...its to protect the majority of girls from the minority of players, and also to ensure that the majority of guys (who are not players) get to sleep with a virgin.....

Anyway, good poem!!!

Thanks for your replies! I agree (Iloverain...) about most guys, you can never group all guys into one group. It is so funny because being in high school I was so dramatic. Also, I find it funny that I wrote it like that because I never even lost my virginity until my sophomore year in college, I guess in my poem (for me at least) I meant "score" as in "making out" or something. I have another poem that I am contemplating posting (another one I wrote about 10 years ago) but it is kind of a male bashing poem, and I am definitely not a male basher, again, I think it was my overly dramatic 16 year old hormones!!! It is really funny though, for entertainment purposes at least, but I don't want to offend any guys on the forum. Anyways, reminiscing on those times definitely makes me see how far I have come...

Studygirl, wow, great poem! It's a poem that entertains, informs and flows nicely! Good job. And, like you, I also write poems about heartbreak, much more than poems about the happy aspects of love. Maybe I'm too busy being happy to make time to write?

Thanks for sharing!