What do u notice first?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot of times it depends on the person. Every guy I've ever had an interest in, was different.

I love confidence, I like guys that are not timid, are approchable, someone that I know I can just open up to from the beginning. Someone who laughs alot, smiles, just looks friendly.

Physical part, I like manly guys if that makes sense, athletic, that look good without trying. I love forearms, hands, a smile and nice teeth. Every guy I've ever been with had something different attractive about them.

Well, the first thing I look (and jsut about all of look) for is whether she (or he) would overall be considered to be attractive. The first test whether we admit it or not is whether she is attractive enough to be seen with by our friends and/or family. There is a level of attractiveness below which we do not go, and each of us has our own level.

Once she is above that level for me, I look at her eyes and also tend to pick women with fair coloring.

The first thing I usually notice is the general way someone carries themselves. If they're walking with their head held high, or if are they hunched over. I can feel their confidence.

I tend to sense "auras" from people and can make (usually) very accruate first impressions after seeing them for a few seconds. This might sound strange- but I can always sense if a man respects women in general or not.

The next thing I notice is usually they way they dress, and the eyes.

BellaDonna

I always study the features of a man's face and hair before anything else. Face/ smile, are his teeth straight and white, and whether or not he has good hair.

The way a man walks is also something I notice right away. There is just something about how a man carries himself that can either be incredibly sexy, or very unattractive. It's one of those 'hard to explain' things I suppose.

How guys carry themselves is also a pretty big thing for me. You can see a lot about a person by their walk (confidence, aggressiveness, etc.).

I think overall presentation is very important- More important than whether or not they have attractive physical features. If they look like they put no effort into themselves (those who wear whatever's lying on the floor), that's a huge turn off. Cleanliness is very important. And also a friendly smile.

I'd say the absolute first thing I look at on a girl is her face and her general build. Especially her eyes and smile and not too much make-up. I like a happy looking girl and also for her not to be too tall or short or fat or skinny. But after that there are lots of other things I look out for, after that though that tells me whether I think she is really pretty and whether I could get along with her.

It's difficult to answer because I don't know what makes me find a girl attractive there is nothing neccesarily in common with girls I've liked. Perhaps a general thing such as I really do like sweet and cute girls. And also if I get the impression (wrong end of the stick) that a girl likes me then my opinion of her tends to go way up. Even to the point that when it dawned on me a girl was just using me to make her ex jealous (which he wasn't, why would he be?) I suddenly realised I'd never really fancied her, either in looks or personality.

I like thr mysterious guy. Looks aren't important though I do judge a guy off of his clothes. You can usually tell a lot about someone through their clothes, Music interests and such. But yes, a mysterious guy with a good dress sense would have me lookin twice!

Facial features - their eyes and smile mostly, a smile instantly makes someone more approachable, but it has to be that genuine, real smile - the one you can see in the eyes and that "glow" and appear to have a friendly, positive attitude from what I can tell.

I like an athletic build, lean but fit, I'll notice this in their arms, chest/back, legs..just the general look. Someone with healthy "glowing" skin, whatever their colour. And someone who presents a confidence and no matter what their height "walks tall".

All in all, it tends to be an overall presense someone has, and the way they are all put together, rather than a specific thing.

I also am of course interested in someone who maintains eye contact with me, and sends positive body language to me. Someone approachable, whom makes me feel comfortable, who gives off a positive aura/vibe.

Before i got with my boyfriend i used to look for people who appeared "a challange". It seems harsh, but i dont mean it that way, i just didnt like things simple i guess, so i liked/found people attractive who came accross a challange.

But with my boyfriend, i was attracted to him because he was so unpredictable, he was a friend before hand you see, and i guess it spanned of from there.

If you mean generally (for physical aspects) id have to say a person who loved to smile (not false either) and eyes (have to have a connection).

kell.

Their face, followed by their body style. This is the thing you see as a whole because you have peripheral vision. You immediately, right then and there make the decision as to whether or not they're good enough for you. As Beec put it - you decide whether or not they would be accepted with your friends and family.

Mainly, I seek out blue eyed, fair skin women. I previously would not date a woman unless she had these features, but I have learned that the ideal sometimes isn't always . . . the ideal.

I notice the way they posturize themselves first (like how they carry themselves as someone mentioned)... see how cute the girl's smile is and her eyes....the eyes are such a big thing for me, cuz I really believe you can see into their true feelings thru them...

this also sends out that vibe (aura as someone else mentioned) and I feel that I can get a sense of the person just be seeing how they handle themselves....it's freaky, but i'm always right with character....

so yeah, for me, it's the smile and the eyes that grab my attention first

The guys I notice first are hardly ever the ones I fall for in the end.

Whom I notice first: For me, face is the most important factor. I love a good looking face. After that comes body, and after that comes how they carry themselves. I definitely have to second the opinion that the way a man walks is very important. If he has this over-confident manly walk, it turns me off because he obviously thinks he's God's gift to women. If he slouches, it's a turn off also.

In my case, I usuaully become infatuated with a certain pretty boy that I just described for a short while while unknowingly becoming closer to a guy friend of mine. I then fall for my guy friend because of his sweet personality and lose all interest in the former pretty boy.

And of course, if I suspect a guy likes me, he is suddenly more attractive. I hate chasing after someone who I have no chance with, after all!

Face - not too big not like a shrunken head. And how she walks, what her laughs like it basically all tells me if she's a laid-back type of girl which I like. Open body language of course, no one looks good crossing there arms, or hands in pockets, looking at the ground. Appears confident/happy.

I notice her hair, some girls look great with curls some don't. I don't prefer curls on girls that are blonde or brown haired. Brunettes can look really good with curls though.

And I notice if she's in shape and that's pretty much it.

Physically: um... ah.... nothing. Honest. If I'm just getting to know a person I take a mental snapshot of the whole picture just so I can recognize the person. Then its all about who the person is. Once she entrances me with her personality, then she'll be beautiful to me and I'll notice how beautiful all her features are. Though I will say the sweetest thing in the world is a girl smiling.

Personality: kind heart, compassionate, sensitive, intelligent, knows who she is and proud of it, open minded

Physically: um... ah.... nothing. Honest. If I'm just getting to know a person I take a mental snapshot of the whole picture just so I can recognize the person. Then its all about who the person is. Once she entrances me with her personality, then she'll be beautiful to me and I'll notice how beautiful all her features are. Though I will say the sweetest thing in the world is a girl smiling.

Ha! I'm sure a girl with a DD rack would just fade into the background...

skyteph,

u gotta realize that there are guys of a different breed..

one's that actually care for the person that they are with..

and I can say that shysoul is one of these guys, and I'd like to think that I am a genuine guy as well..

I think that this whole objectification of women is extremely overrated, and at the least demeaning....u can honestly feel great about yourself when a guy has just stared you down and noticed how he can balance a bottle of bear on your chest??

I love the fact that women can attract men with qualities other than sex...

it makee you feel so much more worthwhile and so much more individual..

i dunno how to explain it completely, but there is a gratification knowing that you click with an individual on another level (spiritually, emotionally) without having to involve sex... it's that much more beautiful that way

I notice the way they carry themselves as well, it's interesting so many people mention that. I notice confidence/quirkiness in a guy first, maybe there's something interesting about him that will stand out to me. Then I'll be intrigued.

Sometimes I'll be attracted to his overall appearance as well, and it's usually just an overall thing, I don't really notice hair over eyes or something like that, unless it's something really striking. I dated a guy who was not very attractive though, and I was a bit embarrassed to show friends/family, so now I try to find guys around my same level of attractiveness, just instinctively...

Jordan, I believe the question asked 'what do you notice first?', and clearly if a chick with breast the size of watermellons walked past, you'd notice them before say, her eyes (which look like pin pricks compared

So you're a genuine guy, that doesn't mean you can't appreciate a womans body or the hard work she puts in to get a good figure. Hell, being complimented by a guy over something physical, rocks! Boosts our self esteem and what not.

And for the whole 'I'm a nice guy' thing I keep reading about, yes women like nice guys but not ones who /call/ themselves nice. At very least in high school being called 'nice' by a girl is like the social kiss of death, let alone calling /yourself/ it. You may as well cut off your testies and hand deliver them to the girl.

Jordan, I believe the question asked 'what do you notice first?', and clearly if a chick with breast the size of watermellons walked past, you'd notice them before say, her eyes (which look like pin pricks compared ).

So you're a genuine guy, that doesn't mean you can't appreciate a womans body or the hard work she puts in to get a good figure. Hell, being complimented by a guy over something physical, rocks! Boosts our self esteem and what not.

And for the whole 'I'm a nice guy' thing I keep reading about, yes women like nice guys but not ones who /call/ themselves nice. At very least in high school being called 'nice' by a girl is like the social kiss of death, let alone calling /yourself/ it. You may as well cut off your testies and hand deliver them to the girl.

LOL. Those last 3 sentences are great...
Ha! I'm sure a girl with a DD rack would just fade into the background...

She would. She has to be at least an E before I would notice her.

I did say I would give a brief superficial glance, but thats not cause I'm checking her out or noticing any certain physical features. It's cause you generally see people first and can't help but notice. Once that is out of the way, I don't think about it and focus entirely on the person.

Being complimented on looks is nice, I get it. But every guy does it.If you did have that DD set of breasts, don't you think it would get tiring hearing guys look at them or compliment them? So when you hear about your nice eyes, it means more. It also means they are taking the time to look into your eyes, which can be pretty romantic and sweet right there. But if you really want to make a girl swoon, compliment something that can't be seen. Engage their hearts and minds. That's what really captures a girls heart.

I agree, real nice guys don't need to draw attention to the fact that they are nice guys. They just go out and do nice things and be a gentleman. When people say it on here its because they are venting. Or in my case its trying to make the frustrated nice guys feel better.