• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you said your mom was a teacher I was under the impression that she taught other kids at school.

What do you think about talking with the neighbor you mentioned. Are you unhappy at home? Would you like to get some help for that? Is your stepdad abusing you?

When you said your mom was a teacher I was under the impression that she taught other kids at school.

What do you think about talking with the neighbor you mentioned. Are you unhappy at home? Would you like to get some help for that? Is your stepdad abusing you?

ya when i said that i ment she is MY teacher... sry.

i guess i can talk to her... she knows me better than my mom does thats 4 sure. im kinda unhappy just about everywhere, is there help for that?

If you stepfather is abusing you and you tell your neighbor and she reports it, you may end up being placed in a foster home. Some are good, some are not so good, but it might be better than being beaten at home, and it could help you get some counseling for the cuttin and drug abuse.

Well first of all it's not "gay", the idea behind it is to give you a safe place to live where abuse is the not the solution to everything. Obviously you are not responding too well to the environment you are in, because you are coping by abusing alcohol and drugs and cutting yourself, so maybe a change of pace is the very thing you need.

Secondly, the foster parents don't try to take the place of your mom and dad. Yes, they are responsible legally for your welfare and so have to set up rules for you to follow for your own safety, but they are not your parents.

How old is this boyfriend and would his parents let you live with him? Do you really think that's a good idea? How long have you been with him anyway?

Wouldn't your parents just take you back if you ran away?

ok i dont want ppl that i dont know setting up "rules" for me. that just doesnt work. that would b like you telling me if i drink the rest of this beer u will ground me... its dumb and pointless...

Josh is 17 and his Aunt has already said i could. y wouldnt it b a good idea? weve bn 2getha like 3 or 4 mnths i think.

and i dnt think my parents would care. ive slept over there for like 2 weeks b4

k i dont want ppl that i dont know setting up "rules" for me. that just doesnt work. that would b like you telling me if i drink the rest of this beer u will ground me... its dumb and pointless...

It's not dumb or pointless. Someone has to set up rules for you to help keep you safe. At age 13, you are still too young to decide for yourself what's safe and a smart choice and what's not. You are, for all intense purposes still a child and as a minor an adult needs to be legally and morally responsible for setting rules and making sure that you follow them, and it's also a way of showing that they care about you and what happens to you. Frankly your behaviour shows me that you are screaming out for someone to notice you and show that they care. You obviously aren't using drugs and cutting yourself because you feel good about yourself and your situation, am I right?

Josh is 17 and his Aunt has already said i could. y wouldnt it b a good idea? weve bn 2getha like 3 or 4 mnths i think.

Because you are 13 and a minor, and Josh is 17, and in the state of Texas (I believe that's where you said you were from) any relations between you two is statutory rape. If you run away and live with Josh and his aunt without your parent's consent, Josh & his aunt could be arrested for aiding and abetting to the deliquincy of a minor, or worse,

kidnapping charges if they don't send you home. They could go to jail.

You wouldn't want Josh to go to jail because of you, would you? Or his aunt?

Who would be there to support you if that happened?

It's important to keep yourself safe but also stay within the limits of the law. You are not an adult, so someone is responsible for you whether you want that or not, and wouldn't you rather feel safe and comfortable in your home than afraid that you will be abused?

k i dont want ppl that i dont know setting up "rules" for me. that just doesnt work. that would b like you telling me if i drink the rest of this beer u will ground me... its dumb and pointless...

It's not dumb or pointless. Someone has to set up rules for you to help keep you safe. At age 13, you are still too young to decide for yourself what's safe and a smart choice and what's not. You are, for all intense purposes still a child and as a minor an adult needs to be legally and morally responsible for setting rules and making sure that you follow them, and it's also a way of showing that they care about you and what happens to you. Frankly your behaviour shows me that you are screaming out for someone to notice you and show that they care. You obviously aren't using drugs and cutting yourself because you feel good about yourself and your situation, am I right?

Because you are 13 and a minor, and Josh is 17, and in the state of Texas (I believe that's where you said you were from) any relations between you two is statutory rape. If you run away and live with Josh and his aunt without your parent's consent, Josh & his aunt could be arrested for aiding and abetting to the deliquincy of a minor, or worse,

kidnapping charges if they don't send you home. They could go to jail.

You wouldn't want Josh to go to jail because of you, would you? Or his aunt?

Who would be there to support you if that happened?

It's important to keep yourself safe but also stay within the limits of the law. You are not an adult, so someone is responsible for you whether you want that or not, and wouldn't you rather feel safe and comfortable in your home than afraid that you will be abused?

ok u have a point... so i can just ask my mom if i can move out n she can sign papers and "disown" me then i can move n there n i would have her apporval n the cops cnt do nething. and i would feel tottally safe with josh he would nvr let nething happen to me.

OK, so that is one idea,

but what happens if things don't work out between you and Josh? You are 13, he is 17, been together just a few months, both very young to be so seriously involved. What happens if you get tired of him in 6 months or a year, or he gets tired of you? You break up... then where do you go? Do you really think it's a good idea to move in with him?

Do you think your mother will sign you away? Even if she did, if Josh & you are having sex and anyone reports it, he can be arrested and go to jail. Are you having sex with him? Do you think if you live there you won't until you are age 17, the legal age of consent?

Do you have any siblings? Where are they?

OK, so that is one idea,

but what happens if things don't work out between you and Josh? You are 13, he is 17, been together just a few months, both very young to be so seriously involved. What happens if you get tired of him in 6 months or a year, or he gets tired of you? You break up... then where do you go? Do you really think it's a good idea to move in with him?

Do you think your mother will sign you away? Even if she did, if Josh & you are having sex and anyone reports it, he can be arrested and go to jail. Are you having sex with him? Do you think if you live there you won't until you are age 17, the legal age of consent?

Do you have any siblings? Where are they?

ok so ill figure that out when it happens. i lots of friends i can stay with. and no1 is evil enough to report it his aunt dnt care if we have sex and its none of ur bizzness if we r..... no offence. and with my mom knowing that im liven with him they cnt arrest him. and ya we prolly will have sex if i move in with him and i have a lot of siblings all but one is at home my bro is in college

ok so ill figure that out when it happens. i lots of friends i can stay with. and no1 is evil enough to report it his aunt dnt care if we have sex and its none of ur bizzness if we r..... no offence. and with my mom knowing that im liven with him they cnt arrest him. and ya we prolly will have sex if i move in with him and i have a lot of siblings all but one is at home my bro is in college

Ok so obviously the foster home idea isn't something you are even willing to consider. I am not saying that someone 'evil' will report you and Josh for having sex, but if someone is concerned about you, like someone at school or another family memberof yours , a neighbor of Josh's, someone else in his family, than he could get arrested. It wouldn't matter if your mom signed over custody to his aunt, you are still a minor under the age of consent, and he is 17-- the legal age of consent. This means that if you have sex and someone reports it, he could go to jail. Even if you are living with him. You don't have to tell me if you are or not, I am not your concern.

I just want you to be safe.

Are you close with any of your siblings? What are their ages? Are you all being abused?

Listen to Hope on the under-age sex issue. She is quite correct. It is not just a question of you being safe but keeping Josh safe and out of jail. Be very careful in that regard.

Remember that Hope, and all of us, are trying very hard to help you. You are in a bad situation and have many problems. We are very sympathetic and would like to help you. Asking questions of you is part of that process. It's not that Hope is being nosy - she needs information to be able to do the best job she can.

Of course you have the right to your opinion, but you also have an obligation to respect authority figures, and that means your step dad too. He does NOT have the right to hit you, no matter what you say to him, you should know that.

Do YOU have any family that you could stay with, like an aunt, grandmother, someone who would let you stay there so you could feel safe?