hello everyone,

as some of u can probably appreciate, I hate being single. I go for a walk to shops, couples everywhere! holding hands, making out, with children (I don't want kids or anything)

I feel like I'm have my face rubbed in it because Im single. All the guys Im attracted to are spoken for, it's just annoying and I hate being single and I hate it when my friends start saying saying about being dumped and they'll never date again at least they have HAD bf/gf whatever!!

how do u cope?

LA

When I was single, I liked being single. I was good at it. The ONLY person I ever had to consider was myself, and outside of my employer (I like getting paid on a regular basis), the ONLY person I had to answer to was myself. This is a luxury you will not have when in a relationship, and you sure will never have this luxury after you get married.

There are things you can do and experiences you can have only when you are single. I learned to do basic maintenance on my car (there was no man around to take care of it for me, and I got tired of repair shops trying to screw me over because I was female and they'd assume I had no clue), I learned to do simple repairs around my apartment (I have no patience waiting for maintenance), I got to experience the luxury of traveling by myself (no negotiating about where to go, when to go, what to see when you're there and how long to stay), I learned how to get through times of lonliness, tight finances, various life crises and how to get most of my needs met by myself (and with a little help from friends), and am a stonger person because of it.

Learning how to be good at being single generally results in you having more to offer to potential partners in future relationships. When you know you can be, and are comfortable being self-sufficient, you are more likely to build a strong, healthy relationship when you choose to get into one because you know you don't NEED to have someone else around.

In some ways at some times, I do miss being single....but I sure don't miss any aspects of dating...that was one part of being single that pretty much always sucked.

Oh, and as for all those couples you see....remember that things aren't always as they appear on the surface. They could very well be unhappy but just aren't going to show it in public. They could be looking at you on your own and be jealous that you don't have to put up with some significant other's crap.

One other thought I had about being single:

It's in everyone's best interest to learn how to be good at being single. No relationship lasts forever. Even in those couples where people get married and last "til death do us part", there is one left behind as a widow or widower.

It may not be your personally preferred lifestyle, but it is one each of us will have to face in our lifetime.

She's what if both people die at the same time, or one comes back as a ghost, or they are left a widower, but like in most statistics die soon afterwards and in that brief span have kids who watch em, or they have alziehmers and don'tknow their spouse is gone? And if they die, perhaps they go on living together in heaven (or in my case hell) together?

She's what if both people die at the same time, or one comes back as a ghost, or they are left a widower, but like in most statistics die soon afterwards and in that brief span have kids who watch em, or they have alziehmers and don'tknow their spouse is gone? And if they die, perhaps they go on living together in heaven (or in my case hell) together?

.....and people say I think too much.....

You can only fully love others when you are content with yourself.

Relationships happen when the time is right. Until then it is best to not think about it, even though it does get rubbed in your face. But when the time comes, you'll find yourself out for a walk and seeing those couples holding hands. But instead of feeling bitter, you'll be excited, thinking that you have someone to do that with. You'll smile thinking of the one you love. Yep, the wait can be a pain, but its all worth it in the end.

Shes, I believe that when you marry its forever. So even if one person dies the other isn't alone. They are with them in spirit if not in body, and true love comes from the spirit and the soul anyhow.

Shes, I believe that when you marry its forever. So even if one person dies the other isn't alone. They are with them in spirit if not in body, and true love comes from the spirit and the soul anyhow.

That's all well and good, but from a purely practical, day-to-day living sense if one is widowed and without a new partner, one is physically living alone.

Spirits and souls of deceased spouses don't contribute to the rent or mortgage, call the plumber, take the car for an oil change or file your taxes.

All the more reason to make sure both spouses are aware of the financial and practical details of thier shared life. The world does not stop for people who are in mourning.

I love being single!

Yeah, i've never had a boyfriend either.. but then again, I think i'm afraid of commitment. I love being able to go to parties, meet new guys, flirt with different people etc, without having to worry about some guy. I think I like the idea of being single really.. i'm free to meet and hook up with whoever I want, i'm not restricted by someone else. Its sort of alot to ask for, commitment.. very few times have I liked someone enough to want to give up singledom.

Then, yeah, I have times like you where I see couples everywhere and feel lonely. But just remember: You're frickin gorgeous and you'll find someone eventually. But until then, enjoy being able to sleep in, having fun nights out with friends and meeting new people and eat that packet of tim tams in 3 minutes without feeling guilty and the luxury of being able to hide in your room all day when a giant pimple appears between your eyes or not having to have every detail of your makeup perfect because hey, if there's a few smudges, no ones going to be close enough to you to see 'em anyway .

Being single is a nice way to pass the time.

Just think about how great it is to be selfish! Other girls in relationships can't get away with only caring about themselves and perving on hot guys down the beach. And hey, sometimes if you just need some "attention" buy yourself a prezzie and pop in some batteries

• 3 years later...
hello everyone,

as some of u can probably appreciate, I hate being single. I go for a walk to shops, couples everywhere! holding hands, making out, with children (I don't want kids or anything)

I feel like I'm have my face rubbed in it because Im single. All the guys Im attracted to are spoken for, it's just annoying and I hate being single and I hate it when my friends start saying saying about being dumped and they'll never date again at least they have HAD bf/gf whatever!!

how do u cope?

LA

I see that crap all the time, all over the place. Now that I don't have my girlfriend it sickens me. I hate it. I see all these losers, these guys dressed like bums and they have the hottest girlfriend ever and I wonder, how come I cant get something like. I know my ex was fairly attractive but still I wonder why cant I get something like tat.

fyi, this thread is pretty old.

Glegend, did it sicken you when you were the one with the gf? How come nobody else in the world is entitled to be happy when you're not?

I would imagine that if you think other people are losers and you are primarily concerned with getting a "hot" gf, you are going to have a very hard time ahead of you.

hello everyone,

how do u cope?

LA

I sometimes have similar feelings and it does get me down. But sometimes i try to use that as a motivator for myself instead of wallowing.

Why not join a group that shares your interests? Say (for example, since I obviously don't know you) if you like drawing, join an art class? I think getting yourself out there might alleviate any frustration you have, since the more opportunities to meet men you have the greater opportunity of meeting a partner you would have.

I always had the most fun being single...I'd have my whole week booked with people to hang out with. No dates really, but I would hang out with lots of guys (never anything physical going on). It was an ego boost and it was fun. I was silly, funny, desirable. I felt very IN CONTROL!

Being taken is fun in a different way....although I am so glad for each minute I was single.