Did I mess up at this work event?

9 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

There's no need to get abusive/to posters. Why are you getting trolled at work? Maybe an attitude adjustment could help you. 

You seem to have a significant lack of social skills and awareness if all you do is argue and get rude with posters wasting their time on your topic when you asked for input on your situation. If you are this defensive and rude at work, perhaps rethink your approach and attitude. 

5 hours ago, ghost72 said:

. Just cause I'm introverted doesn't mean I can't function socially with others. . Work is probably the only place where I've made genuine friends. I feel like I have good social awareness even though I'm not a social person by choice.  

5 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

OP, if you like the woman you talk about in this thread, it makes no sense to go asking about her friend that she supposedly wanted to set you up with. 

I agree, I'm confused whether the OP likes the girl at work or is interested in her friend.

5 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

OP, if you like the woman you talk about in this thread, it makes no sense to go asking about her friend that she supposedly wanted to set you up with. 

If she wanted to set me up with her friend I would assume she has no romantic interest in me. But she never told me about this friend herself. 

Stop talking to work colleagues about this.  There is no need to drag half the office into your interactions.  If you are going to date a colleague, discretion is required. 

Go on this outing with this woman you fancy & her friend.  See what happens.  That is the only way you will know for sure.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, TeeDee said:

Stop talking to work colleagues about this.  There is no need to drag half the office into your interactions.  If you are going to date a colleague, discretion is required. 

Go on this outing with this woman you fancy & her friend.  See what happens.  That is the only way you will know for sure.  

>Stop talking to work colleagues about this. 

For the third time now, this never happened. JFC. 

10 minutes ago, TeeDee said:

No one is dragging the office into it. You really think I’m going around work talking to people about this? News flash, I’m not. Like I stated 3 times in this thread already. 

31 minutes ago, ghost72 said:

If she wanted to set me up with her friend I would assume she has no romantic interest in me. But she never told me about this friend herself. 

I wouldn't even bother with this friend, then. 

I would aim outside your work crowd altogether to find dates. This all sounds too nebulous and with the potential to become very awkward. 

2 hours ago, ghost72 said:

No one is dragging the office into it. You really think I’m going around work talking to people about this? News flash, I’m not. Like I stated 3 times in this thread already. 

I would hope not.  I am concerned about the other guy who seems to have a comment about everything concerning you & this woman.  

21 hours ago, ghost72 said:

Why was it so awkward then? Like multiple people looking at us and someone making a comment that are we going to end up together or something. Then she says the hand holding thing. 

Look I have worked in an office/warehouse for decades....I have seen my fair share of clowning around, teasing, ribbing, etc. Even stuff that would get you sent to HR these days. My observation is when you work with different personalities, you are going to get different reactions. With those reactions there will be misconceptions of what happened.

The manager/mom talk: That's why office gossip, spreading of rumors starts to distort things. Been there seen that. Keep kool, let it go, stay professional, focus on your job. 

38 minutes ago, TeeDee said:

I would hope not.  I am concerned about the other guy who seems to have a comment about everything concerning you & this woman.  

Yes and it just happened today again too. 

• Sad 1

Small update on this. 

I went to another work event today. I was sitting outside with some guys, just got there like 10 min ago. And the chick came outside and mentioned how I didn’t even say hi to her (I didn’t even enter the building yet). But then there’s no flirting by her the rest of the night. 

so I don’t know what’s up. I’ll admit I don’t really try to show much interest in her. But it’s cause the mixed signals. 

unless she gives me a clear sign that she’s interested I feel like it’s better not to pursue or try anything. Was that the sign? I don’t know. 

1 hour ago, ghost72 said:

so I don’t know what’s up

I don't think anything is up. She sounds like a normal co-worker. 

1 hour ago, ghost72 said:

unless she gives me a clear sign that she’s interested I feel like it’s better not to pursue or try anything. Was that the sign?

It wasn't, no. It was just a little friendly ribbing.

• Like 1