Was my ex being petty ?

5 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Can you answer this^^?  

Again, I think he ignored your question because he was embarrassed.  Clearly (to me) he was seeking attention. 

Why?   I don't know, he misses you or perhaps he's bored but it was a ridiculously stupid reason to contact you. 

We were already in contact the day before he asked me about the work situation. 

the break up was mutual. But it was stupid and petty. 

On 4/5/2024 at 8:07 PM, Lexismith said:

I don’t get what the purpose of texting me in the first place was

Because you purposely set it up that way, hoping you'd get a response by leaving a door open.

You're well aware of what you're doing, and the only person you're fooling is yourself.

If you truly want to end this you know what to do, and how to do it.

i

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Lexismith said:

You specifically asked him to stop contacting you. Why would you ask that if you want him to reply to questions especially relationship talk questions? Please stop playing games like this. Either tell him you want to reconcile or leave him alone. 

2 minutes ago, Lexismith said:

OK so you've received several responses to your question:

On 4/5/2024 at 3:36 PM, Lexismith said:

Why do you take the time out of your day to ask me that silly question?

What do YOU think his reason was?  And what do YOU think was the reason he ignored your question?

You know him better than any of us do. 

In any event, good luck hope yall figure it out. 

10 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

OK so you've received several responses to your question:

What do YOU think his reason was?  And what do YOU think was the reason he ignored your question?

You know him better than any of us do. 

In any event, good luck hope yall figure it out. 

This how the end of the texts went. 

me- what was the point in you asking me that question (I was talking about the work situation) 

Him- I already told you. Not a big deal 

me- alright (rolling eye emoji) 

Him - don’t roll your eyes at me 

Me- shut up I’m tired of your little games lol if your not on anything, then we can stop this back and forth communication today. 

Him- I’m not playing any games, but my bad I’ll leave you alone 

me- then what are you doing ?

Him- as far as what? I’m not playing any games that’s not the case. 

Me- then what are your intentions…

crickets ……

I’m not sure maybe he didn’t reply because he has no intentions…

1 minute ago, Lexismith said:

This how the end of the texts went. 

me- what was the point in you asking me that question (I was talking about the work situation) 

Him- I already told you. Not a big deal 

Me- shut up I’m tired of your little games lol if your not on anything, then we can stop this back and forth communication today. 

Him- I’m not playing any games, but my bad I’ll leave you alone 

me- then what are you doing ?

Him- as far as what? I’m not playing any games that’s not the case. 

crickets ……

I think he was tired of the boring and immature back and forth.  

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Lexismith said:

crickets ……

Why are you surprised he doesn't want to continue dragging this out and this type of drama, especially after being snarky with texts? On top of this you just want to win your argument and keep telling him not to contact you, and then beg for answers and contact?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lexismith said:

No!   It's because you told him this:

2 hours ago, Lexismith said:

shut up I’m tired of your little games lol if your not on anything, then we can stop this back and forth communication today. 

You literally told him to shut up?

I don't blame him for not responding.  Look in the mirror!

There are kinder ways of telling someone, even an ex, you don't wish to communicate any longer.

This is done and a bit of self-reflection re your own behavior would do you a world of good, imo.

1 hour ago, Lexismith said:

He said he didn’t know what his intentions were and he would rather discuss it in person. Makes no sense you can tell me via phone 

Why are you dragging this out and chasing him so hard? You seem to want him to still want you even though you're rather nasty to him.

3 hours ago, Lexismith said:

He said he didn’t know what his intentions were and he would rather discuss it in person. Makes no sense you can tell me via phone 

Are you really that socially unaware?  Obviously he wants to talk to you IN PERSON, come on....  

You seem angry, why?  Why not just meet with the man and TALK to him?

It's clear you're still VERY much into him, no sense denying it.  If you weren't this thread would not exist nor would you be so "angry" at him for godonlyknowswhat reason.

The opposite of love is indifference, NOT anger.  Anger means you still care, you are not fooling anyone.

Don't allow false pride to drive your ship, which is what it sounds like you're doing, imo.

• Like 1

This is one of those threads where it seems like the person is just trying to see how many times they can get responses to the same question when they ask it over and over and over.  

This "relationship" was 12 weeks long and it's been over since February.  From the description, sounds like it was always just a lot of silly game playing like this even when the two were "together."  Maybe even online only. 

It needs to be left to rest in peace.  

6 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Are you really that socially unaware?  Obviously he wants to talk to you IN PERSON, come on....  

You seem angry, why?  Why not just meet with the man and TALK to him?

It's clear you're still VERY much into him, no sense denying it.  If you weren't this thread would not exist nor would you be so "angry" at him for godonlyknowswhat reason.

The opposite of love is indifference, NOT anger.  Anger means you still care, you are not fooling anyone.

Don't allow false pride to drive your ship, which is what it sounds like you're doing, imo.

No I’m not. Why would I meet up with someone who doesn’t know what their intentions are via me ? Not only that he’ll text me I’ll text him back then it will take him days to reply. He asked me what my schedule looked like to meet up with me and I replied and he still has t said anything. I’ve washed my hands with this whole pointless waste of time situation. I’m over it. He’s playing games. 

7 hours ago, Lexismith said:

No I’m not. Why would I meet up with someone who doesn’t know what their intentions are via me ? Not only that he’ll text me I’ll text him back then it will take him days to reply. He asked me what my schedule looked like to meet up with me and I replied and he still has t said anything. I’ve washed my hands with this whole pointless waste of time situation. I’m over it. He’s playing games. 

So are you -especially by hiding behind a wall of text and texting snarky and unnecessarily rude comments.  He's asked to meet in person which is actualy a mature way to have a serious conversation. Meet with him if you're interested or decline but I give him credit IMHO.  He might not know or know how to type out words about his intentions.  

8 hours ago, Lexismith said:

. Why would I meet up with someone who doesn’t know what their intentions are via me ? 

Is it possible he wants to meet in person and then won't reveal his intentions because he wants some physical activity? You two seem to have a highly charged dynamic despite being nasty to each other. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Is it possible he wants to meet in person and then won't reveal his intentions because he wants some physical activity? You two seem to have a highly charged dynamic despite being nasty to each other. 

You’re saying he basically wants sex ? 

1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

I think it doesn't matter -meet him in a public place if your intention is to have a mature face to face interaction.

He asked me if I wanted to meet I said sure. He asked me when I worked and never texted back it’s been two days lol so I’m not meeting him even if he texts me back. I’m content and tired of his games. So even if he does decide to text me back there won’t be any more communication from my end.

5 hours ago, Lexismith said:

He asked me if I wanted to meet I said sure. He asked me when I worked and never texted back it’s been two days lol so I’m not meeting him even if he texts me back. I’m content and tired of his games. So even if he does decide to text me back there won’t be any more communication from my end.

Of course you don't have to meet with him if you don't feel like it.

On 4/11/2024 at 3:51 PM, Batya33 said:

Of course you don't have to meet with him if you don't feel like it.

Update I met up with him. We got food and talked he was staring at me deeply. We started to to talk about things when he started talking he started to shake ? Which I thought was strange? Anyways I asked him what his intentions were sense he said he wanted to meet up and tell me. He said to possibly get back in a relationship? 

we ended up leaving and spent more time together. We ended up making out a couple times. He still had me saved in his contacts with a heart next to it. I then asked him what he wanted from me and he switched up and said for “us to be cool, and he wanted nothing from me” . He then asked me what my intentions were I said “for us to be friends”. He then kept asking me if I was sure and if that’s all I want from him?  He then proceeded to ask me about my dates and if I kissed the men. I said once but It wasn’t anything serious. I asked him if he cared and he proceeded to say “nope I don’t care your single you can do what you want”. 

we spent a total of 7 hours together and his intentions were still “idk” he basically said yes but no?? The whole situation was confusing and pointless tbh. Yet I’m happy I went because it confirmed that I was over him. 

since the meetup it’s been silent from his end.