Was my ex being petty ?

5 minutes ago, Lexismith said:

. We ended up making out a couple times. . I asked him if he cared and he proceeded to say “nope I don’t care your single you can do what you want”. We spent a total of 7 hours together and his intentions were still “idk ” Since the meetup it’s been silent from his end.

Exactly. The reason he wanted to get together in person was because he wants something physical. He knows you're down for it and it doesn't happen over the phone.

Please stop begging him for answers. He's told you plenty of times he's not interested in a relationship but will get physical if you want. It's up to you to decide if you want these games or a relationship with someone who cares about you. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Lexismith said:

Oh yes I’m done for sure. 

Until the next round of texts bickering and pleas to have a relationship rather than dump you in the FWB zone and you fighting that? It's clear he's not interested except for your willingness. If you don't want to be demoted to FWB, leave him alone. 

3 hours ago, Lexismith said:

Oh yes I’m done for sure. 

I'll believe it when I see it.  This includes returning with a different name.  

Seriously, I hope you can stop this.  Even if you are just posting this nonsense to get attention and you aren't really this engaged in childish bickering with an "ex,"   it's very depressing to imagine why.   

Find something meaningful and fun to do.

I did ask you before - do you have any hobbies?  If you don't, get one.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Lexismith said:

He ended up following me on social media and viewing my stories 

It seems like you want him to be following you because you're still hoping for something. Especially since you keep repeating this as your mantra as if you are just frustrated that he doesn't want what you want except maybe easy hookups as a backup.

I am really starting to think that you are just here to get attention.  ASK HIM ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS.  They are not things that strangers on the Internet who don't know him (if there is even such a person), or you, can answer.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Jaunty said:

I am really starting to think that you are just here to get attention.  ASK HIM ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS.  They are not things that strangers on the Internet who don't know him (if there is even such a person), or you, can answer.

There is… yet why would I ask him ? I was just wondering why do you guys think he would do that. 

5 hours ago, Lexismith said:

There is… yet why would I ask him ? I was just wondering why do you guys think he would do that. 

LOL because it's a free country. Maybe he's bored.  You can't possibly think it's any sort of relevant sign about actual feelings -do you?  I think what will be freeing is when you stop considering why he does anything in life or doesn't do anything in life.  Don't you have better things to do? It's Earth Day -maybe do something nice for the Earth? I followed my ex by accident on Linkedin -literally meant to click on the suggested profile next to his.  A few days later he accepted my request (back then I didn't even know I could delete my request).  So now we're Linkedin.  I hope he and his wife never gave it any thought as to why.  We've had zero contact on Linkedin and this is years.  Why do I think he accepted my accidental request -I don't know nor did I dwell on it.

36 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Why do you want to know why? Why do you care?

"I'm just curious" isn't the reason why, BTW. What's the real reason?

I'm getting the impression that this poster gives themselves a cookie or something every time somebody answers one of these questions.

"A guy I dated liked my picture on FB.  Why would he do that?" 

I mean ... what kind of a question is that?  Who cares?  

Sorry, but ...

• Thanks 1

When you have this many questions in your head the most likely scenario is that the "silly question" has no apparent relation to the "real question" in your mind.

"Why is he avoiding me?" For some reason "intimacy" is something he is trying to avoid.

Whatever reason that is and whatever label the emotions that bring confusion to the situation, the facts are pretty easy to decipher.

Perhaps you misunderstood what he meant by "missed" or by "feelings." Whatever the phraseology he was using, it may mean a different palette from another source; different places bring different forms of communication styles.

It isn't your job to get his attention either. If you stop expecting something from him, then it isn't a problem.