Would this be considered stalkerish tendencies by a guy interested in me?

1 hour ago, yogacat said:

It's sad when people come seeking advice on whether or not someone is being obsessive or not ...and ultimately never getting a 100% clear answer on anything.

Especially when it turns into another bully thread. It makes me cringe.

OP, I'm sorry for the harassment you've received here.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, catfeeder said:

Especially when it turns into another bully thread. It makes me cringe.

OP, I'm sorry for the harassment you've received here.

It’s fine. It’s so easy for people to talk the most bull under the shadow of anonymity. I’ve taken none of it personal except the actual helpful responses 😁

On the blocking. I go to our small fitness center in our building daily. Almost always alone. (Given ungodly early hour ). But. It’s been 12 years of my going regularly and if anyone else is there I’m very conscious of and alert to considering space and volume (meaning if tv is on and obviously keeping earbuds in for myself). I am also very aware of the door area. People are there to workout. People often have bags with them - I do with water bottle , jacket etc. I would never ever put a bag down that would block or even partially block the door unless it was momentary and I was right there to pick up my bags once I rearranged my stuff or whatever I very quickly needed to do. People have bags. People want to leave ASAP and often are still with earbuds or texting. So easy to trip or bump into something.
So if he truly did that I’d assume it was his thoughtlessness and or a really distracting moment like maybe he got a concerning text and was refocused. I would assume it has zero to do with you or any interest in you. 

40 minutes ago, BabyBluePorsche said:

It’s fine. It’s so easy for people to talk the most bull under the shadow of anonymity. I’ve taken none of it personal except the actual helpful responses 😁

I did NOT see anyone harassing you or bulling you.  I saw people giving their opinion based on the information initially presented.  If you disagree with their opinion or believe they misunderstood, there is a respectful way of saying so without referring to the poster as "dense" as you did with me when I misunderstood your initial post and also took the time to provide my opinion as to why he left his gym items by the exit - that being he was trying to get your attention because he was/is attracted to you.

It's unclear why you chose to not respond to the latter, and instead only responded to the part I obviously misunderstood by accusing me of "gaslighting" and again suggesting to another poster that I was "dense" to whom you also referred to as dense.

Please keep in mind that while you may disagree with a poster's opinion or you simply dislike their opinion, remember that the poster is here taking the time and making the effort to HELP you.

We sometimes get it WRONG, par for the course.   The written word can be ambiguous and confusing at times.   When that happens, best to respond providing more clarity and context for better understanding.  I have often had to do this myself when a poster misunderstood something I wrote.

I have been here for awhile, please know NO ONE is here to hurt you, insult you, bully you, harass you, gaslight you or whatever else you mistakenly believed some posters were doing.

IF you like this guy, I truly hope it works out and wish you the best.

• Like 2

I think you may be misreading the situation but it's tricky to say for sure without being there of course. 

He could be just someone with lower situational awareness. I mean, I go to a Y, I see plenty of men and women who behave in ways that make me think sometimes "what the hell, that's weird". Lol. I've had parents who send their little kids into my stall to ask for help, I ask if they are at the wrong stall and mom or dad are in another, nope, the parent figures any adult in the locker room will do to help with the kid! And that's one example of so many. 

Go to the gym, people watching is a past time for many and *** behavior is par for the course. Unless he has done something to make you feel unsafe or threatened in any way, don't even worry about trying to figure out the motive. 

• Like 1