My girlfriend didnt call when she said she would, I been backing off am i wrong?

Girl for bought a month now 35F /35M.  dated as kids and just hooked up. I didnt want a relationship, but it happened. She didnt call  one night when she said she would,  She was supposed to call after a show but didnt until over 24 hours later. 12 am the next night.   She gave an apology and excuse through a text.  She initiates text and then wont respond for 24 hours when i answer, until 12 the next night.. So i went offline on messenger and and ignore her text and calls. i started backing up.. I never engaged her first. This was exactly what i didnt want but she  kept pressing it. Should i get out now or stop being so sensitive?

18 minutes ago, supremekilla said:

. I didnt want a relationship, but it happened. She didnt call  one night when she said she would,   She gave an apology and excuse through a text.  

You claimed you don't want a relationship, just hookups so regular contact doesn't seem expected. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, supremekilla said:

i didnt but there was always feelings there that escalated..i didnt want the hookups neither. we were supposed to keep it cultural... but your right.

Cultural or casual ? Escalating feelings doesn’t mean you’re compatible for a serious relationship especially since the brain part of you wasn’t into her besides having a hookup. These decisions involve heart and head. I would use I statements and tell her “I feel frustrated when you promise to call and then don’t “ see what she says. 

Sort out your feelings first. What is it you really want out of this? Friendship? Casual? Something more serious? That should tell you want you should do. If you don't feel invested in the relationship, then it's fine to back out now. But if you are starting to want more, then you need to talk it over with her. Open communication is necessary for any relationship to succeed. If this has become a problem and is bothering you, express how you feel to her. Work together to figure out why she isn't responding and what a reasonable amount of time would be.  If she's understanding and wants to work it out, go from there. If she doesn't, then walk away knowing you tried but she wasn't committed enough to make it work. 

Also acknowledge that you could be initiating instead of leaving it to her. It's a two way street. In ignoring her when she did contact you, it gives less reason for her to contact again. Things shouldn't be a game of who contacts who and when or do I respond. You both should be communicating regularly if there is any chance of things working out.

You're also not being too sensitive on the issue. If someone says they are going to call at a specific time, or makes any kind of promise to you, they should follow through. It's a sign of respect. It also shows honesty and that they care about you. Yes, emergencies can happen and things can come up that might lead to a change of plans, so be reasonable. People can also make honest mistakes. But in general, when a person says they are going to do something, it's fine to want them to keep to their word.

3 hours ago, smackie9 said:

You are 35 years old...why are you playing head games.

And why are you involving yourself to any degree that you don't want?

You're an adult. Make the decision that is right for you, and communicate that decision to the woman.

• Like 1